Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
They've either got a Y chromosome or not.
Well condsidering that all embryo's start out female, the problem occurs when someting goes wrong with the male hormones kicking in right. Can you imagine how confused the person would be?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 02:26 PM

605 posts, read 1,107,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well condsidering that all embryo's start out female, the problem occurs when someting goes wrong with the male hormones kicking in right. Can you imagine how confused the person would be?!
SARCASM ALERT:

*GASP* You're not suggesting something could go "wrong" in the womb, are you Dani? God would NEVER place someone behind the 8-ball while in the womb!

Old 02-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
They've either got a Y chromosome or not.

Which makes absolutely no difference what-so-ever! Evidently you were born in a perfect heterosexual body, with all the proper parts in the right places...and seemingly you feel compelled to find fault and blame for those who were not. But just like homosexuals, hermaphrodites do not choose to be the way they are (I know you disagree) and their life struggles have to be momentous.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
For starters God finished his creation before the fall so anyhting that happens now is a result of being seperated from God and having mortal bodies. So ---- happens. It is a genetic problem. God has provided for our spiritual and physical predicament in Christ atoning work. I don't see how this impunes God?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
So God makes no mistakes? Explain this:

GULF WAR SYNDROME BIRTH DEFECTS IN IRAQ CHILDREN BABIES EXTREME BIRTH DEFORMITIES DEPLETED URANIUM AMMUNITION

Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sin has saturated this world so much that mistakes happen in genetic codes, illnesses, choices and so on. Gods intent was for all to be perfect but due to mans perversion over 6000 years some things have gotten screwy in the genetic code.

As for someone being born gay or staight there is no medical evidence for someone being born either way and the statement earlier of a gay man having more female hormones or a gay woman having more male hormones is a myth and not factual. If that were the case then gay men would be growing breasts and have less hair on their bodies and gay females would have very little breasts if any and more body hair.

All the evidence points to it being a choice, just as the hermaphrodite chooses which sex he/she will identify themselves with and they do have mixed hormones to lead either life.
Could you please provide a link to back up your statement that "All the evidence points to homosexuality being a choice". I have information on pretty much all the studies done over the past 20 years in this area and the consensus is that sexual orientation is NOT a choice. Only sexual behaviour is a choice, not orientation.

Don't bother with any links to NARTH as none of their so called "studies" would be taken seriously by any reputable scientist (or a court).

Just because you don't understand how pre-natal hormones work, doesn't mean the peer-reviewed scientific studies about sexual orientation and pre-natal hormones aren't factual.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Who ARE you people?!
The ones who keep their eyes closed really tight, screw up their faces, stick their fingers in their ears, and sing "la la la" ???

Old 01-13-2010, 12:08 AM

7 posts, read 19,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sin has saturated this world so much that mistakes happen in genetic codes, illnesses, choices and so on. Gods intent was for all to be perfect but due to mans perversion over 6000 years some things have gotten screwy in the genetic code.

As for someone being born gay or staight there is no medical evidence for someone being born either way and the statement earlier of a gay man having more female hormones or a gay woman having more male hormones is a myth and not factual. If that were the case then gay men would be growing breasts and have less hair on their bodies and gay females would have very little breasts if any and more body hair.

All the evidence points to it being a choice, just as the hermaphrodite chooses which sex he/she will identify themselves with and they do have mixed hormones to lead either life.

it seems you have an answer for everything dontca? but what are your facts based on , such as Gods intent was for all to be perfect, lets start there, why does it talk about jesus curing cripples, blind, etc. , and i am quite sure that there is alot more history and evidence for the fact taht hermaphroditism has been around for a longer time than you evidently seeme to subscribe too! its amazing to me the justification people have for things that they clearly have no idea about, or really havent researched or came up with facts on!!!!!! i am transgender, i was married for 12 years i have 3 beautiful children, and i really tried to be ( a man) what society and my southern baptist nad assembly of God raised family expected me to be! but i couldnt make it, and with a spiteful pretend christian ex wife who is much more judgmental and hateful than a " christian" should be, well its easy to see why i am not in the mood to " mince " words with someone who i see as Moderator cut: deleted due to content here are the facts that pertain to my particular life, my mother was given medications for thyroid during her 2nd trimester of pregnancy with me! my life was forever affected without my will involved, when i was younger i displayed many female traits ( high cheek bones, lack of beard growth, smaller stature, and generally a female appearance, it would take me hours to tell you about all the times i have been called maam!, also , when i finally got to the point where i had to find out things for myself, my records had been destroyed and when the doctor that supples my hrt, transitional hormones checked my estrogen level ( before any hormones were ever taken by the way) it showed me to have an unusually high estrogen level, and a low testosterone count! was it my fault that the " man made" situation occured, no , should my mom have been more honest instead of " wishing on a majic church wish" , expecting a miracle maybe? , well, here i am having suffered so much that you dont , and will never have a clue and its not a matter of just saying, stop acting like that ( never acted effeminiate, played sports , tried to fit in actually) its not a matter of me just " dealing with it" that sounds so simple doesnt it? well from my point of view i get really irritated by people who " assume" and trivialize like yourself and i dont appreciate it! sometimes i think Moderator cut: deleted due to insult people should be affected by the things they are narrow about! and then see someone who is near and dear to them affected by something that is so much different , and so NOT simple and easy to overcome! try wearing male clothes and still being called maam, or accused of having a sex change but backwards of what you truly want ( ive been accused of being a woman who transitioned about 10 times or so! , i almost got beaten up by a drunk guy once who approached me while i was wearing a polo shirt and jeans, he put his arm around me flirted with me as my face turned blood red and then when my friend ( acquaintance was more like it actually ) told him i was male, he pushed me and said i shouldnt try to pass myself off as a female, said he would get me back for this, i was mortified, i had to go on stage and play the drums that night while this jerk got more drunk, threw chips, part of a hamburger, a cup of water, and yelled Moderator cut: edited in between songs, i got kicked out of the band ( needed the money badly too) and all because i was trying to 'do what society wanted me too!" i am much more comfortable now , i take hormones that feel so much more natural than testosterone could ever feel, and as you can imagine, while older, i have no problem passing as a female and with my thin wrist, hgh cheekbones green eyes, etcl, once i do have the final surgery and relocate i might be able to find some semblance of peace on this planet before i die! read my words carefully and consider the things ive said, truly open your mind to the facts that i have laid out and then stop generalizing, and stop judging things until you know and can prove what your talking about!!!! can i get an amen.............................................. ...AMEN!!!KELLISUZANNE

Last edited by june 7th; 01-15-2010 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-13-2010, 12:11 AM

7 posts, read 19,337 times
Default Oh and another thing.........lol

SO , you think that the sin of our four fathers ( and mothers of course) is the reason that i suffer with gender dysphoria, and so since they sinned now i have to just " deal" and go to church and when we have a visitor they say thank you maam, and i say in a low voice " praise the lord and pass the ammunition , but i am a male by Gods grace" is that somewhere in the ball park???ks

Old 01-13-2010, 12:49 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
I think the others are stumped Kelli lol! We have no idea why this or that happens imo. It just is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality