Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I was hoping to hear the logic and fact from you, it is easy for me to direct you to what I believe from someone elses words.

Actually I have already seen this before and does not say anything.
Actually it says a lot, but nothing you want to read, or let into your mind. You could not have possibly read all of those links, now could you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I believe it to be true, but am not so naive to think that it may not have been changed over the years. I believe the parts we absolutely need to understand/know for salvation are true.

I didn't know that being religious made me exempt from answering questions. Do you realize how ignorant you make yourself sound?

Come on sanspeur. You're an intelligent man. Would you start with wikipedia to do some serious research?
Yes I would, and do....You did notice the reference links on the bottom of the page didn't you? That is where the gems are.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually it says a lot, but nothing you want to read, or let into your mind. You could not have possibly read all of those links, now could you?
I have already been to this site over a month or two ago. I'm not into reading about your arguement, but what you have to say on your facts.

It's easy to post a link.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM

To begin with Moses probably was not involved it writing any part of the bible. The five books of Pentateuch are ascribed to Moses. But by the eighteenth century, many European scholars noticed problems with that assumption. Not only does Deuteronomy end with an account of Moses' death, but the entire Pentateuch shows anomalies of style that are hard to explain if only one author is involved. By the nineteenth century, most scholars agreed that the Pentateuch consisted of four sources woven together. They were combined together to form our Pentateuch sometime in the sixth century BCE.
In my opinion the bible was cobbled together by many different people who ascribed the writings arbitrarily to who ever they decided to.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
To begin with Moses probably was not involved it writing any part of the bible. The five books of Pentateuch are ascribed to Moses. But by the eighteenth century, many European scholars noticed problems with that assumption. Not only does Deuteronomy end with an account of Moses' death, but the entire Pentateuch shows anomalies of style that are hard to explain if only one author is involved. By the nineteenth century, most scholars agreed that the Pentateuch consisted of four sources woven together. They were combined together to form our Pentateuch sometime in the sixth century BCE.
In my opinion the bible was cobbled together by many different people who ascribed the writings arbitrarily to who ever they decided to.
By saying Moses is probably not the author or part of the bible is not showing facts and European scholars have yet to say that they have found facts to back up their claim.

Quote:
but the entire Pentateuch shows anomalies of style that are hard to explain if only one author is involved
Just because the Penateuch is a hard style to explain that does not mean that one author is involved.

Quote:
You worded it just right, your opinion. Your opinion has nothing to do with disproving the bible, or even saying that Moses is not the author of a book.

Is this your evidence, you said that you had research, but all you provided was a site and your opinion.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
It's easy. It just takes a bit of research and an open mind...Do you qualify?
If it was that easy, you wouldn't just provide a site and opinion and call that research.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
He did not mock God. He questioned the Bible. BIG difference.
Had you read his original OP, you would have seen where he was mocking, and cruxan knows he was, no matter what he says now, AFTER the mods fixed his OP.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Had you read his original OP, you would have seen where he was mocking, and cruxan knows he was, no matter what he says now, AFTER the mods fixed his OP.
well just go to post [number 4]-- and read the quote they missed that one!!! and since when is questioning the bible mocking god himself... the only difference is that i used the word babble insted of bible big deal god is probably still laughing... you just can't answear the question gosh.

i talk to god all the time!!!!and i never mock god himself i just don't use some old scripture that was rewritten and probably altered and forged to fit the new authors beleafs....get a sence of hummer!!!!

always looking for signs.. and may the god force be with you to.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
By saying Moses is probably not the author or part of the bible is not showing facts and European scholars have yet to say that they have found facts to back up their claim.

Would you show me the conclusive research that proves Moses was the author to the 1st five books of the Bible?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you are so right, how do you tell what is true and what is a lie.
by their fruits by their fruits my friend. .
So much truth and wisdom in this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality