Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 05:30 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by our founding truth View Post
Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson>
That's a good thing too. Otherwise the Salem witch trials wouldn't have been limited to Salem. The inquest would have continued in America. Slavery would continue to be tolerated, and American Indians would still be "savages."

It is good that common law ascribes to a higher moral code than Christianity does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,973 times
Quote:
This is a misconception propogated by the liberal media, and in our schools. Only the liberal's, Jefferson, Madison, and Washington had slaves, the greater majority never even owned slaves, and they were true Christians.
Not. True. At all. Actually, when our founding fathers sat down to write the constitution, an idea about abolishing slavery came up. But, they were just trying to get the states to ratify the new constitution (and they knew, with that little tid bit about getting rid of the south's piggy bank, it wasn't gonna happen). Low and behold, about seventy years later...no more slavery.

Quote:
Actually, homosexuality causes disease and death, and it would destroy the earth, by stopping population. It is sin, that God will judge. Don't be deceived.
This single statement is so ignorant that I'm kind of shaking my head right now.

Unprotected sex amongst homosexuals and heterosexuals cause disease and death. It's not a homosexuality thing, it's a being too careless to be safe thing. Please, pick up a history book and a health science one before you make yourself appear even more ignorant.

Quote:
Your presumption is that deviant behavior is a right. It is no such thing. That is why the framers executed them. If you allow law to change, you destroy society, the framers did not allow. The majority could say murder is not illegal anymore. Doesn't work.
I hope you hold the same opinion of all people who do not engage in just vanilla sex so you don't seem as much as a bigot as you are now. Also, our founding fathers didn't execute people for deviant sexual behavior. Hell, one of our founding fathers was a deviant himself (Ben Franklin anyone?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Say what you will, but it is just truth that AIDS does tend to affect a disproportionately high number of homosexuals. That's just truth. Why do you think that is?
Because the membrane of the anus is more susceptible to HIV than a vagina is. A vagina has a lower pH and can thwart off STD's better than an anus can. I wonder, what are you trying to suggest?

Quote:
The only problem with this is Jefferson was the only one out of all of them that believed that. The majority rules. Jefferson was an infidel, is not an authority for the Constitution because he didn't sign it.
My friend, I invite you to use Google. Such a wonderful and bestowed friend he is to all of us. Inviting us to use his vast knowledge of the world with a few strokes of the keyboard and the click of the mouse.

The most astounding results he brings up that will debunk your argument within mere seconds. Wouldn't you like to use him? He doesn't mind at all.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM

430 posts, read 583,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
our founding truth wrote:

That was a very different era in history and even though the wisdom of the Founding Fathers was truly inspirational when they wrote our constitution with it's far reaching ability to change with the times we should also consider the fact that slavery was completely acceptable in those days even by those enlightened individuals. Mankind has made many advancements in the last couple of centuries. Unfortunately, there is a large percentage of the population that believes that persecuting homosexuals is not only justifiable but necessary despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
By my read, there's good evidence that modern-day devout Christians happily agree to whatever the Church ministry pronounces, including the denouncement of homo-sexual activities.

There they go, sticking their noses into other's business, but to what end I wonder? In strictly pragmatic terms, how exactly does the private practice of homosexual practice interfere or damage Christianity?

Or is it just a bunch of nosy, holier-than-thou busy-bodies trying to use the influence of the Church (which used to be socially significant in most communities, but is not longer) to force community adherence to their own set of cultural mores?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
That's a good thing too. Otherwise the Salem witch trials wouldn't have been limited to Salem. The inquest would have continued in America. Slavery would continue to be tolerated, and American Indians would still be "savages."

It is good that common law ascribes to a higher moral code than Christianity does.
The Bible is one of The most immoral books I have ever read.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The Bible is one of The most immoral books I have ever read.

Don't read much, do you?

It's not immoral. It does recount some immoral things that some people did, but the overall message is the most wonderful thing in history.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:25 AM

659 posts, read 1,085,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Don't read much, do you?

It's not immoral. It does recount some immoral things that some people did, but the overall message is the most wonderful thing in history.
I think you can change that to God. Or do you want to leave out the babies, women, and men he killed in the first three books of the bible?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Most states already have laws making homosexuality sex acts illegal.
Nope. In case you haven't heard, those laws were all invalidated 6 years ago this month with a ruling by the SCOTUS.Lawrence v. Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Not true, prior to 2003 Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Virginia had some sort of anti-homosexual sodomy laws.

The remaining states had already had the laws repealed, or overturned by court rulings.

In 2003 the US Supreme Court invalidated anti-sodomy laws in the above listed states in Lawrence v. Texas.

So, as you can see there are no anti-homosexual sodomy laws remaining in the United States outside of the military.
The thing that amazes me is that most of those laws even outlawed anal and oral sex between heterosexual couples, including married couples! Talk about your "bedroom police"!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Christian or not, I would make homosexual sex illegal.

If people would do it and keep it in the bedroom, then they wouldn't get caught and could keep on sinning and "not hurting anyone" (as I hear many times as the reason to allow imorality). But if it came out into the public, on T.V. in the news, then it can then be put to a trial by a judge.
ALL "public sex" is already illegal, whether it be homosexual or heterosexual!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
>

The Founding Fathers, who gave you your rights, declared homosexuality illegal, and executed homosexuals!
HUH? I'm going to have to ask you for references to prove that statement, because, in all my years of reading about this subject, I've never found anything that even hinted at such nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality