Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:01 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
A creator god doesn't suddenly show up billions of years after the formation of the earth.

From the book of Genesis we read that "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"
So right at the start we see God taking full control of his own creation.
-----------------------------------

2. No god can grossly effect the physical world and create earthquakes, floods, and general mayhem.
From the New Testament we read the story of how Jesus had fallen asleep at the lower part of the boat as it was tossed around in the storm.
When His men woke him up, Jesus called out to the water and the storm to be still. and there was suddenly a glass like calmness to the waters.
The men looked at Jesus and wondered what type of person this was that could control the water and the storm?
-------------------------------------

3. No god can effect someone not of their religion,
In the New Testament we read of the person of Saul, who was on his way to another city to help root out the Christian from among the Jews.
Suddenly there was a voice and in that moment Saul was changed.
In that moment a man who was so busy fighting the Christian church became a member of that same christian church.

4. There is no hidden knowledge.
The New Testament says that the faith was "once for all given to the saints"
This means that there is no new truth to come, all has been already given.
There is no secret thing to learn, nothing else that will add needed light to the story of man's salvation.

We therefore can now have faith that we who share the good News with the world, do so without the fear that there might be more unknown Good News that counters our message

This is the christian message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,356 times
Default am I wrong

what terrifies me is the fact that the bible says the the first onje coming and saying he is messiah is not it is the second one.So I am confused.I believe in God.Know Theres a God,but am unsure of jesus.sounds terrible I know, but the what if he is lying and confusing us? comes into my mind.I truly get scared because if Im wrong I'm very wrong.please someone give me some advice.
I am new to this site today andI really like it-so to everyone-I hope your day goes well

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
what terrifies me is the fact that the bible says the the first onje coming and saying he is messiah is not it is the second one.So I am confused.I believe in God.Know Theres a God,but am unsure of jesus.sounds terrible I know, but the what if he is lying and confusing us? comes into my mind.I truly get scared because if Im wrong I'm very wrong.please someone give me some advice.
I am new to this site today andI really like it-so to everyone-I hope your day goes well
I would love to help, love to answer this, but Im a little mixed up as to what you are asking or saying???

Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM

657 posts, read 1,632,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
Research the Council of Nicea for the true origins of Serapis Christus aka Jesus Christ.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
You think that's bad read the writings of the Council of Leodicea. They literally raped all of the Judaic principals that were the very foundation of the original Faith maintained by none other than the Messiah HIMSELF and all of HIS Talmadim. How sad is THAT!

Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
From the book of Genesis we read that "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"
So right at the start we see God taking full control of his own creation.

You cannot offer scripture as proof, sorry. Not unless you can convince me that the entire legitimate scientific field is wrong which I must warn you, would be a waste of your time because such a thing would not be possible.

Your "god created earth" according to your scriptures, then waited about for a few billions of years, got bored and created dinosaurs, didn't like them so much so he wiped them out, and then created human beings, after experimenting a few times resulting in fossils of proto-humans, co-magnon and neandrethals. After a few hundred thousand years of modern humans, your god decided to suddenly pop into human awareness some 3,000 years ago and demanded to be worshipped.

That about sum it up?

From the New Testament we read the story of how Jesus had fallen asleep at the lower part of the boat as it was tossed around in the storm.
When His men woke him up, Jesus called out to the water and the storm to be still. and there was suddenly a glass like calmness to the waters.
The men looked at Jesus and wondered what type of person this was that could control the water and the storm?

Strange, every time I bring up the simple fact that Christianity is a pantheonic religion, Christians tell me that Christ isn't a god. Again, scripture is not self-supporting proof. The above is no better than hear-say, fiction, a mere story.

In the New Testament we read of the person of Saul, who was on his way to another city to help root out the Christian from among the Jews.
Suddenly there was a voice and in that moment Saul was changed.
In that moment a man who was so busy fighting the Christian church became a member of that same christian church.

Again, hearsay. Where is the proof? My proof? The vast majority of the global population has never been, or are, Christians (or even Abrahamic for that matter). Indeed, we can trace, within a few decades, the begining of Judeism, Christianity, and Islam, which means that prior to app. 2,000 years ago NO ONE was a Christian, and prior to app. 3,000 years ago, your god didn't exist.

The New Testament says that the faith was "once for all given to the saints"
This means that there is no new truth to come, all has been already given.
There is no secret thing to learn, nothing else that will add needed light to the story of man's salvation.

We therefore can now have faith that we who share the good News with the world, do so without the fear that there might be more unknown Good News that counters our message

The "New Testement" claims that there is enough water on the planet to completely inundate the surface of this flat planet, and that well over ten millions animals can fit on a wooden boat.

You claim the above as truth. Truth can easily be proven by scientific invesigation and experimineatin, as well as clinic trials. hearsay is not proof.

So, where's the proof?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:

You cannot offer scripture as proof, ?
I believe that if I tried to teach anything about God that was not backed up strongly by the Bible, I would be pulling your leg...

Old 07-24-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Christians tell me that Christ isn't a god.
Well Im a Christian, a darn good one too, and I can answer this question about the nature of Christ.

Christ is 100% and 100% God.
Two natures in flesh.
The human and the divine

This is the very heart of the incarnation.
God became man.

We get this from many verses in the Text, but the most easy to remember is John 1:1

"In the beginnind was the Word, and The Word was with God, the Word was God.....the Word became flesh"

Old 07-24-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I believe that if I tried to teach anything about God that was not backed up strongly by the Bible, I would be pulling your leg...
Scripture cannot be considered self-supporting evidence. Too much of all three scriptures are proven wrong by simple scientific facts, the reason for scriptural apologists and their attempt to twist scripture into something that was never represented in the millenia of the scripture's existance, including assigning some sort of scientific principles within scripture that simply are not there.

I am a panthiest. We beleive all gods were created by the prolonged concentrated will of human beings, including Jehovah/Allah, and that, within Natural Laws, each is imbibed with the attributes we give them. A creator deity would be contrary to Natural Law, as Nature was not created, therefor that attribute cannot be infused within a deity.

The followers of that god claim he is a creator deity and the only god on the planet. They state this as fact.

Fact can be easily proven through simple scientific processes and experimentation. Fact can also be recreated in a laboratory setting.

And Fact doesn't have other facts already in place to dispute it.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Well Im a Christian, a darn good one too, and I can answer this question about the nature of Christ.

Christ is 100% and 100% God.
Two natures in flesh.
The human and the divine

This is the very heart of the incarnation.
God became man.

We get this from many verses in the Text, but the most easy to remember is John 1:1

"In the beginnind was the Word, and The Word was with God, the Word was God.....the Word became flesh"
I am well aware of the plurality attributed to your Christ.
But he is not A god, now is he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality