Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Our sin has separated us from our Holy Creator, God. Like a defective product, we were destined for the trash heap. God, in His infinite mercy has rescued us from destruction.

Oh I see what your saying; I certainly agree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM

With the seduction of the Christian mind, pride teams with tradition and trains the unsuspecting Christian to assume they are being taught right, and right all the time. One reason for this is that Christianity has a tradition of relying on pastors, preachers, teachers and evangelist for their production of knowledge.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:23 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
With the seduction of the Christian mind, pride teams with tradition and trains the unsuspecting Christian to assume they are being taught right, and right all the time. One reason for this is that Christianity has a tradition of relying on pastors, preachers, teachers and evangelist for their production of knowledge.
That's why we should filter everything through God's Word, & let the Holy Spirit reveal the truth.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:18 PM

151 posts, read 141,282 times
Quote:
or, "all have knowledge of God"--including atheists, who just suppress it.

also, why do you suppose that just because christians' parents tell them something, it must therefore be the ONLY provocation of their own belief? our parents propose to us a version of perceiving the world and WE happen to think it's a higher, more peace-bearing perspective than the natural flow of our brain and will.
did it ever occur that maybe the right interpretation is that we AGREE with our parents on the basic premise of what they propose?

Old 06-26-2012, 03:36 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Christians are an interesting bunch of human beings, their personalitys range from a to z within their religion, and their individual explinations of their doctrines has just as much range. This is just one of many reasons I never did take fully to the Religion during my youth. Yet Christianity is a very large Religion, it has millions of members.

I recently visted a dating site, and at least 90% of the Females listed there, say they were Christian, and were looking for a Christian man. Simply amazing, these numerical realitys, even in simple dating sites. The influence of Christianity is very widespread, very deeply ingrained in our societys, familys and even polictical levels have their influence.

I have always wondered to myself just how eye opening the old statement," Well everyone can't be Wrong", can be a stunning reality in some surprising places of being. I have examined certain groups who grew in numbers, believed in their purpose with all their hearts, but had a perplexing set of beliefs, and actually thought they were right. And had public support in their citys. Some were cults, some were not, but they all had one arcane thing in common; Their minds were uniquely seduced into believing what they believed.

In my view, there is no example of this that is as strong and prevalent in our society, than the Seduction of the Christian Mind. Its stunning to observe that many Christians feel that they, and they alone, represent God on earth. That theirs is the only true Religion, Moderator cut: deleted per Sticky And they believe this with all their hearts, and their fears. They think Christ was beaten to death, in order that all of unbelieving humanity can be beaten throughout all of Eternity, a stunning seduction of the believing Mind.

But first I wanted to examine the actual seduction of the Human Mind, how it seems to occur so much in Religion , and how it can become so widespread, and yet so accepted in soceity.

Moderator cut: Referece to other member there is more than " One Reason" they believe, or multiple seductions occuring at the same time. The person is often " Flooded with seemingly normal events in life", but they have been seduced beyond normalcy. The Sun comming up that morning could have been " Their personal sign" that their beliefs are now legit.

Anyhow, I want to examine this unique Seduction of the Christian Mind.

Peace.
The Christian Faith is claimed by nearly 3 billion (not 'millions') . Yes, they come in all shapes and sizes, backgrounds, former lives of crime and massive rebellion, and in all socio-economic ranges. The Common thing amongst us all assuming the people have REALLY experienced a Born Again makeover experience of the Mind, Will, and Heart....is that Christs righteousness has come to abide in us and as time moves on, the things of the world including its philosophies, ideologies, gross immoral lifestyles, et al....have become more and more foreign and undesired .

There is no 'seduction of the mind' with Christians ....rather....for the unregenerate Heathen folks , they are the ones whove acquired and succumbed to a seduction which is very orchestrated , deliberate, and slick to the point that many will even force themselves to believe that molecules to man with a brain no top scientist can begin to duplicate , came from a piece of slime called a Pond Protozoan . This in addition to other gross fallacies such as a material only Universe bringing forth personality, mind, will, intellect, and consciousness all without a shred of intelligent intervention .... confirms that many people choose to worship and idolize the creation instead of the infinite eternal One who Created it by willing it into existence fully functioning and fully formed complete with over 150 extremely razor edge scientifically confirmed Physics COnstants and Life Enabling Constants all working in precise unison including being sustained day after day after day for our sole benefit. The love of Christ escapes a good many and in fact his name is one of the most dispised in all of history because he is a fly in ones ointment to having unreserved fun encompassing many immoral ways. Thus, their hearts were darkened because they loved evil more than the light which God offers for all who care to get their many sins completely forgiven and erased. Such is the seduction of rebellious man.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
The Christian Faith is claimed by nearly 3 billion (not 'millions') . Yes, they come in all shapes and sizes, backgrounds, former lives of crime and massive rebellion, and in all socio-economic ranges. The Common thing amongst us all assuming the people have REALLY experienced a Born Again makeover experience of the Mind, Will, and Heart....is that Christs righteousness has come to abide in us and as time moves on, the things of the world including its philosophies, ideologies, gross immoral lifestyles, et al....have become more and more foreign and undesired .

There is no 'seduction of the mind' with Christians ....rather....for the unregenerate Heathen folks , they are the ones whove acquired and succumbed to a seduction which is very orchestrated , deliberate, and slick to the point that many will even force themselves to believe that molecules to man with a brain no top scientist can begin to duplicate , came from a piece of slime called a Pond Protozoan . This in addition to other gross fallacies such as a material only Universe bringing forth personality, mind, will, intellect, and consciousness all without a shred of intelligent intervention .... confirms that many people choose to worship and idolize the creation instead of the infinite eternal One who Created it by willing it into existence fully functioning and fully formed complete with over 150 extremely razor edge scientifically confirmed Physics COnstants and Life Enabling Constants all working in precise unison including being sustained day after day after day for our sole benefit. The love of Christ escapes a good many and in fact his name is one of the most dispised in all of history because he is a fly in ones ointment to having unreserved fun encompassing many immoral ways. Thus, their hearts were darkened because they loved evil more than the light which God offers for all who care to get their many sins completely forgiven and erased. Such is the seduction of rebellious man.

Well I agree with some of this, but I disagree with your statement that there is no seduction of the Christian mind, ( or the believers mind). The nation of Israel were Gods people, and Paul describes how they were in 1 Corinth. 10:1-10. The New testament believers were not much different, look just a bit further in 1 Corinth. 11:17-22, they had many divisions among them- why? Because their minds had already been seduced. Now your being Christian, I don't think I have to give you a bible study on how believers are not excluded from being deceived by demon influence, but I will if you need it. Rev.12:9 states that ALL have beed deceived, and Christians cannot exclude themselves from this all.

Also I disagree that God created everything fully functional and complete, that is unbiblical. Gen. 1:9-11 is simple proof of that. God creates the heavens and the earth, THEN, and it does not give how long this took, ( the days of creation are not 24 hour days as most Christians teach) in verse nine God said " Let the dry land " Appear", meaning it came out from under the earth, just as science has discovered. Volcano's exist first under water, then they rise to the surface. All scientific, all biblical. Then in verse 11 God does not mentally with his mind create Vegetation and plants, those " COME OUT OF THE EARTH ON THEIR OWN!" God created the earth to SPROUT vegetation, plants and fruit trees AFTER THEIR KIND. In cycles and periods, not automatically instantly already made fully. At the end of verse 11 it says, " And it was so", which means in time it came to be so. The earth took time to sprout these things, they weren't fully created fully complete.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmiller View Post
or, "all have knowledge of God"--including atheists, who just suppress it.

also, why do you suppose that just because christians' parents tell them something, it must therefore be the ONLY provocation of their own belief? our parents propose to us a version of perceiving the world and WE happen to think it's a higher, more peace-bearing perspective than the natural flow of our brain and will.
did it ever occur that maybe the right interpretation is that we AGREE with our parents on the basic premise of what they propose?

Well one reason I think that Christian parents have passed down deception, ( and perhaps unknowingly), is Jeremiah 16:19, latter part of verse;"Our Fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood, futility and things of no profit." I believe this is exactly what has happened to the Christian house. Again you can look at what the Lord himself states in Jer. 23:11," For both prophet and priest are polluted; even in MY house have I found their wickedness, declares the Lord." Now things have not changed on earth since the Lord stated this, other than Christ eliminating the penalty of sin. The houses that say they are of God are no different today, God will still find wickedness where it exist.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That's why we should filter everything through God's Word, & let the Holy Spirit reveal the truth.

Well I certainly agree with that!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM

151 posts, read 141,282 times
Quote:
Well one reason I think that Christian parents have passed down deception, ( and perhaps unknowingly), is Jeremiah 16:19, latter part of verse;"Our Fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood, futility and things of no profit." I believe this is exactly what has happened to the Christian house. Again you can look at what the Lord himself states in Jer. 23:11," For both prophet and priest are polluted; even in MY house have I found their wickedness, declares the Lord." Now things have not changed on earth since the Lord stated this, other than Christ eliminating the penalty of sin. The houses that say they are of God are no different today, God will still find wickedness where it exist.
so the reason you think christian parents are decievers is because you interpret the Bible to be saying that? why do you believe the Bible in the first place? because of your inferences of reality. yet, here, your presuppositions are overriding any inference of the parents....

also, what is Christianity if not the term describing the purpose of life as told by the Christian Bible?

If I'm a Christian, I must, therefore, not be a proper adherent of the Christian Bible?

Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmiller View Post
so the reason you think Christian parents are deceivers is because you interpret the Bible to be saying that? why do you believe the Bible in the first place? because of your inferences of reality. yet, here, your presuppositions are overriding any inference of the parents....

also, what is Christianity if not the term describing the purpose of life as told by the Christian Bible?

If I'm a Christian, I must, therefore, not be a proper adherent of the Christian Bible?

Mind you now, I totally believe these Christian parents " Think and believe themselves as being right in their interpretation of the bible", but they simply have been in error, yet just can't see the error. For example, I will begin a discussion with you, and simply point out " Your error." Mostly subtle and unseen by you, you may be a parent yourself. In first example, there is no such thing as " The Christian bible!" Since when does Christianity own the bible? They have absolutely no legal rights to it, no printing rights, and nowhere in scripture does either God or Jesus endorse Christianity. So explain to me why you think its a Christian bible, as opposed to a book for all of humanity?

Where does the term Christian even come from? It was the title that Romans gave believers of " The Way", which those believers later adopted as their own. The bible wasn't written for Christians, it was written mainly as an announcement of the coming Kingdom of God and the record of this God and his dealings with humans. His plans for them. Jesus was NOT sent to earth to look for Christians, he said he came not for the righteous, but for sinners to repentance. The very REASON benmiller, that God sent Jesus here and inspired the bible to be written, is explained in 1 John 4: 14;" And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the " Savior of the World!"

Thats the sole reason and it does not exclude anyone, nor does it focus on a particular group of believers who are trying to claim the bible as their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality