Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 07:01 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Never mind the GPS and cameras....How about addressing my post #507, or is that too hard for you?

Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Eight times of assumed data. You guys throw out those 100,000 years like you were there to experienced them.
No dear boy, them cores has widdle marks just like a core of a tree will reveal the "rings" of the tree to determine its age w/o having to chop the tree down.

See the same technique used with trees is used with varves, is used with ice cores. Each widdle mark or pairs of marks is a legacy of one year with a season of winter and summer. Tree rings will reveal years where rain was abundant and years when rain was lean. Now as a tree matures the layers become less spaced but nonetheless, them rings just keep on coming.

Here are some facts aka hard evidence.

Ice Cores
Link for article with bigger image

Varves

Tree cores

Of course you will come back with the standard AiG rebuttal that trees sometime make more than one set of rings viz-a-viz then tree ring dating is not an absolute and therefore, by some leap of imagination, so to are varves and ice cores. But to a Dendrochronologist, one of these:

also known as a scientist or EXPERT in their field, they can interpret these rings and seasonal fluctuations.

We of course have trees that still in existence that predate your fludd by some 1500 years so as usual, applying flexi-preferential timelines as has now become the norm with AiG, you willfully extend the date of creation and thus the time of the fludd to include the trees that are older than 4500 years.

But then science discovers a tree in Swedenthat is dated at 9550 years old, not by tree rings but by C14 dating of its root system (a system that has many trees with a common root system) C14 being absolutely 100% accurate for dating ceramics which consume no carbon from the atmosphere but dating a root system of a plant that we all know is carbon based ergo consumes carbon in photosynthesis (teh majik of trees to convert CO2 to O2) is somehow flawed as it predates not only your fludd but also your YEC timeline of 6035 years.

Quote:
And suggesting that the Greenland airplanes are not suitable proof. Well, I believe if I could show you a picture of Noah dancing on the Ark during the storm, that would not be suitable either.
Oh we have a movie starring Jon Voight, a republican, of Noah's fludd which I am sure you YEC's have determined a documentary. The only good thing he did was father that hot chick Angelina Jolie but I guess them hot genes missed ol' Jon, maybe it comes from her mother, but I digress... He danced with his wife on the ark when they finally were going to land
Quote:
The fact is, nothing I could show you would be suitable proof. And thats because I believe you do not consider anything outside of your assumptions.
Not assumptions dear boy, facts as I have posted pics of earlier.
Quote:
And your assumptions are not based on facts, only on other assumptions.
Methinks you are losing it once again. Frustrating trying to defend the indefensible. You remind me of a "state appointed attorney"

Seeing you have lost the ice core debate, and the GPS one, should we move on to Cave Formations? Of course these go waaaaay back to 250 MILLION years or so or should we revisit the Victoria waterfalls with Niagara thrown in for good measure, those are only 100,000 years or so, I am willing to work with numbers that won't make your head explode.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Never mind the GPS and cameras....How about addressing my post #507, or is that too hard for you?
Your link speaks about Greenlands ice sheet, in which core samples were done showing the ice to be 110,000 years old. Of course, that is based on ice depth, and counted ice rings. And they (assume), each ring equals one year.

Yet, when we look at that plane found in deep ice from 1943, which was also found in Greenlands ice, we find many hundreds of ice layers over it. And that plane was only under the ice for 46 years. Now, if we were to project that thickness above the plane, and match that thickness where the core samples were taken. The real time, would not be 110,000 years, but, 1,700 years. And of course, the flood of Noah occured long before that. That airplane was a real time marker. The 110,000 year ice, has no time marker. And those dates, our only based on unfounded assumptions.
And it's obvious, all those counted core rings do not equal yearly snow fall, no more than the many hundreds of layers of ice found over the plane equal a yearly snow fall. And those who believe those ice rings equal yearly amounts of snow, then would have to also agree, that the 1943 plane recovered, is really many hundreds of years old.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,041,173 times
I am amazed this thread is still going...

To think or believe that Noah's Ark was literally possible ignores any and all scientific reasoning and fact.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
No dear boy, them cores has widdle marks just like a core of a tree will reveal the "rings" of the tree to determine its age w/o having to chop the tree down.

See the same technique used with trees is used with varves, is used with ice cores. Each widdle mark or pairs of marks is a legacy of one year with a season of winter and summer. Tree rings will reveal years where rain was abundant and years when rain was lean. Now as a tree matures the layers become less spaced but nonetheless, them rings just keep on coming.

Here are some facts aka hard evidence.

Ice Cores

Varves

Tree cores

Of course you will come back with the standard AiG rebuttal that trees sometime make more than one set of rings viz-a-viz then tree ring dating is not an absolute and therefore, by some leap of imagination, so to are varves and ice cores. But to a Dendrochronologist, one of these:

also known as a scientist or EXPERT in their field, they can interpret these rings and seasonal fluctuations.

We of course have trees that still in existence that predate your fludd by some 1500 years so as usual, applying flexi-preferential timelines as has now become the norm with AiG, you willfully extend the date of creation and thus the time of the fludd to include the trees that are older than 4500 years.

But then science discovers a tree in Swedenthat is dated at 9550 years old, not by tree rings but by C14 dating of its root system (a system that has many trees with a common root system) C14 being absolutely 100% accurate for dating ceramics which consume no carbon from the atmosphere but dating a root system of a plant that we all know is carbon based ergo consumes carbon in photosynthesis (teh majik of trees to convert CO2 to O2) is somehow flawed as it predates not only your fludd but also your YEC timeline of 6035 years.

Oh we have a movie starring Jon Voight, a republican, of Noah's fludd which I am sure you YEC's have determined a documentary. The only good thing he did was father that hot chick Angelina Jolie but I guess them hot genes missed ol' Jon, maybe it comes from her mother, but I digress... He danced with his wife on the ark when they finally were going to land
Not assumptions dear boy, facts as I have posted pics of earlier.
Methinks you are losing it once again. Frustrating trying to defend the indefensible. You remind me of a "state appointed attorney"

Seeing you have lost the ice core debate, and the GPS one, should we move on to Cave Formations? Of course these go waaaaay back to 250 MILLION years or so or should we revisit the Victoria waterfalls with Niagara thrown in for good measure, those are only 100,000 years or so, I am willing to work with numbers that won't make your head explode.

The plane had many hundreds of ice layers over it. And that is a stated fact. Yet, that fact, is marked with a 1943 airplane. Does your ice have a historical date we can view. If it doesent, your facts are only assumptions. And that 1943 airplane refutes those assumptions.

And no, I did not lose any debate on the GPS question, that's another Fairy Tale that exist only in your mind.

24 GPS satellites were placed into orbit by the U.S. Department of Defense. Originally intended for military applications, but in the (1980s) the government made the system available (FOR CIVILIAN USE). Confirmed by the link below.
http://www8.garmin.com/aboutGPS/

Do I need to explain to you, what civilian use means?

Last edited by Campbell34; 10-13-2009 at 11:52 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 11:42 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post

To think or believe that Noah's Ark was literally possible ignores any and all scientific reasoning and fact.
Those thing do not compute with people like Campbell.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:46 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,041,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Those thing do not compute with people like Campbell.
Yup...

I have been reading, and laughing heartily at his/her crap for quite some time.

Better than any sitcom, that is for sure.

What is scary is that people like that are influencing and calling for more influence on our government. They have an unassailable belief in fairy tales and they want to make all of us abide by what THEY believe!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post

What we are finding out here, is many of those scientific facts, are not facts at all. They are only assumptions that have been dressed up, to look like facts.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 PM

We should withdraw their right to vote!!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 PM

Campbell, your intransigence on this matter is truly mind-boggling!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality