Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:24 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
What is the work you do. while you sit together?
I can tell you the Freemasons funded a grant for my wife, who is a thearapist, to provide rehab to people who had suffered a stroke so they could learn to swallow properly again (instead of being fed through a tube.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 04:27 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I can tell you the Freemasons funded a grant for my wife, who is a thearapist, to provide rehab to people who had suffered a stroke so they could learn to swallow properly again (instead of being fed through a tube.)
What do they do while "sitting together", was my question.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Freemasons and satanists don't try to convert me.

As far as satanist being atheists...yes, some of them are. Others are actually Christians who follow the Christian Satan. It depends on the flavor of satanism.
I'm confused, in order to be a satanist you have to believe in God and therefore one could not be an atheist Please correct me if I'm wrong

Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
He would have had to lie to get in, then.
Not neccessarily so.

Quote:
Fr. William Saunders (In France, in 1877, the "Grand Orient" Lodge eliminated the need to believe in God or the immortality of the soul, thereby admitting atheists into their fold; this atheistic type of Freemasonry spread particularly in Latin countries.)

Old 11-08-2009, 04:59 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
This thread is not the place to discuss that, and I have discussed it on other threads, and the Bible never, ever states any such a thing that the earth is flat, or that the earth moves in an orbit.
You claim to be such a good Christian and a believer in your sacred book, here's a list of some very prominent Christians that are also Freemasons.

Billy Graham-- 33rd degree Freemason, world's most popular Christian evangelists.

Norman Vincent Peale-- 33rd degree Freemason, was the Grand Chaplain of The Grand Lodge of New York, Pass Grand Prelate of the Knights Templars and Shriner.

Robert Schuller--- 33rd degree Freemason, pastor of the Crystal Cathedral and the host of the "Hour of Power" television program.

Oral Roberts-- 33rd degree Freemason, founder of the Oral Roberts University.

Geoffrey Fisher--- Archbishop of Canterbury.

Robert E. Baylor-- founder and president of Baylor University.

Now, I suppose these fine religious men were or are Devil worshipers and Satanists

Old 11-08-2009, 05:16 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,732 times
Quote:
I have never said the earth is flat. That is a lie against anything I have ever said or believed, because the Bible teaches that the world is a tebel/globe.
The sun is made of "tessellated crystal" and tongues of fire and bands of fire are interwoven and surrounding it, and it is, in the Bible, the place where God, the Great Glory, has set His own /tabernacle/dwelling place, in this creation. That's just Bible, sorry you have a problem with it, but the world is a tebel/globe, fixed in place, and the sun goes in its path/course/orbit around it, in the circuit of the heavens -and that is Bible, too. I happen to believe the Bible -so?
Wow! I didn't realize that there were still people around who thought that the sun revolved around the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm confused, in order to be a satanist you have to believe in God and therefore one could not be an atheist Please correct me if I'm wrong
Satanists (as in Church of Satan, Anton LaVey) do not believe in satan any more than they believe in god. (see www.churchofsatan.com)

Old 11-08-2009, 05:21 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Good Evening, Everyone.

Just a friendly reminder from June that if she sees one more of any of the following words/attacks:

"idiot," "stupid," "chirster," "jeebus" or anything that hints at rudeness of a personal attack or insult, the thread goes.

Alrighty?

(Deep breath time, people...)

Old 11-08-2009, 05:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Free masonry has a base belief in a supreme architect or "God" of some type.

My Grandfather is a mason, and I can assure you, he is not a Satanist or an Atheist of any kind.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times
Quote:
Not neccessarily so.
I'm not in France, though, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't answer on my behalf. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:32 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times
Quote:
That could be it. I have a close friend in the masons and he and I have had this conversation -- he says they refuse membership to atheists.
Yeah, I was around when my FIL joined.. and I remember from his prep work there was a lot of emphasis on the whole supreme power aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality