Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm confused, in order to be a satanist you have to believe in God and therefore one could not be an atheist Please correct me if I'm wrong
No, LaVeyan satanists do not believe in god. "Satan" to them is merely a symbol of man's nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Not neccessarily so.
I have close friends who are masons, and they assure me that I am correct. Of course, I don't expect you to believe that, as you have repeatedly shown that very little of what you believe has any basis in reality whatsoever.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I have close friends who are masons, and they assure me that I am correct. Of course, I don't expect you to believe that, as you have repeatedly shown that very little of what you believe has any basis in reality whatsoever.
Your world is small indeed.
RichardDawkins.net Forum • View topic - Atheism and Freemasonry?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know, I've got to tell you that the information that you are getting about some of those members that have denounced their membership in Freemasonry is false, mainly because they were never members of the fraternity to begin with.
Really? That is interesting that you would make that claim, because one of them wrote a book about his whole time in the Freemasons and what went on and how he became born again and came to see that it was demonic and got out. In his book he said that Billy Graham was in the DC temple when he was going through some rite or other, and you claim Billy Graham is one, and yet that man who saw Billy Graham in the temple when he was there is called a liar by you -so which is it?
Quote:
In terms of witnesses who have put what they have witnessed in writing we have the following: Jim Shaw, ex-33° Mason -- the highest ranking Freemason to defect to Christianity, writes about Billy Graham being at his 33° initiation ceremony. Huntington House refused to print his book co-authored with Tom McKenney unless they took out Billy Graham's name on pg. 104, and substituted a general description. (See The Deadly Deception, p. 104-105.) Only Freemasons are allowed to attend these initiations. (See The New Age, the official organ of The Supreme Council 33°. Wash., D.C., October 1961, p. 30.) Some Christians have tried every thing in their mind to get around Jim Shaw's testimony. And the Masonic Lodge are now claiming that he wasn't a 33° Freemason. There is no doubt that he was a 33° Mason. Billy Graham Exposed: One-World Aspirations
Quote:
33rd Degree Freemason Initiation - Deadly Deception, Jim Shaw, 33rd Degree
A PERSONAL WORD FROM JIM

As this true story is closed, I would be greatly remiss if I did not make it clear that in my pre-Christian life I truly loved Freemasonry. I loved the men with whom I was associated in the Lodge and the men with whom I worked so hard in the degrees and bodies of the Scottish Rite. Most of all, I was so very sure that I was doing what was right and pleasing in the sight of the Great Architect of the Universe.
Never in all my years of dedicated service to Masonry did anyone in the Lodge witness to me about the love and saving grace of Jesus. ...

- Jim Shaw

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 11-08-2009 at 09:25 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 09:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No, LaVeyan satanists do not believe in god. "Satan" to them is merely a symbol of man's nature.
How many forms of satanism are there?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Is this a lie?
The Deadly Deception

Old 11-08-2009, 10:26 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Is this a lie?
The Deadly Deception
Well, since you posted it...

I would not go so far as to say it is a lie until I read it thoroughly, but lets just say that your track record here does not lend you much credibility.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
I am rather bemused at the concept of Atheist Satanists as Satan is a Abrahamic construct and requires a belief in a supernatural power as well as a God, Satan being a fallen Angel ? To this day I have yet to meet an Atheist who beleives in supernatural creatures in any shape, form or description.
, hell or other such non-sense. Most religions have demons of sorts but Satan is peculiarily Christian....

As for Freemasons I have no reason to fear them but loathe the secrecy behind the movement and as such am distrustful. it appears to me to be yet another " boys club" ( yes I know women now have their own lodges, it took long enough) playing silly games , with silly rituals. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours springs to mine" and I do not see the appeal orneed for such secrecy apart from wanting to exclude certain groups of people. Exclusive clubs tend to make me twitchy. Inclusiveness seem a lot more grown up....

Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I find it rather funny that individuals who are ignorant of what Freemasonry is about try to tie it to Satanism and yet they could be no further from the truth than ever, for one thing you have to have a belief in a Creator, whether you call him God, Allah, Buddha, Creator, The Great Spirit, whatever, in ordered to be a member of the Masonic Fraternity. Atheists and Satanism have no place in the Masonic Fraternity, now if somebody were to take the time to educate themselves about Freemasonry they would not make such an idiotic and silly uninformed statements. Just my opinion and knowledge.
Ptsum, have you read Dan Brown's latest fiction book "The Lost Symbol"? The main theme involves Freemasonary. (It's rather pro-Freemason) If you have read it, I'd be interested to know how much of what he writes is based in fact and how much is just his imagination. In any case, I found it an enjoyable read and it made me want to do some research.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Thats got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have seen in a LONG time but not totally unexpected Moderator cut: Deleted as offensive are taught to think that of us. I don't believe in santa jesus and I don't believe in satan either.
Huh? I wasn't saying all atheists are satanists. I was saying that a lot of satanism doesn't really believe in Satan or anything else supernatural as a real entity, more as a symbol or metaphor. And a way to get the more nutty believers all riled up as a nice side effect, as seen in this thread for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality