Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:43 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
..... Freemasonry denies the Deity of the LORD Jesus Christ .....
That is absolutely untrue, and it is obviously so. Every Freemason lodge requires members to believe in some higher power, but makes no requirement about what that higher power is, so that all can come together in peace and harmony. This has already been explained, and the reasoning is irrefutable. Since Freemasonry is not a religion, it would be entirely pointless for it to take a position about any religious belief.

Because Freemasons offer a prayer at the opening and closing of a lodge, offering it up to "God" or the Great Architect of the Universe, without mention of Jesus Christ (since that might make a Hindu or Buddhist uncomfortable), some religious zealots twist this into some kind of position that is anti-masonic. People who really think for themselves, seek out truth and listen to reason understand that such a position makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Honestly, I'd worry a lot more about my fundie Christian neighbor than I would a Satanist. When was the last time you heard a Satanist say that his god was talking to him through a dog? How many Satanist serial killers have there been compared to Christian ones?
This is not a serial killer, but.........This could be considered as the "Devil Made Me Do It".......................
July, 1996
Robert Meier, 55, was arrested for fraud and theft in Tampa, Florida, for a sham marriage to a comatose woman and for his subsequent purchases of almost $20,000 on her credit cards.
According to a sheriff's detective, Meier said the woman's dog told him that the woman would want him to use her credit cards to live a better life after she died.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
This may be a stupid question that's been asked a thousand times, but is there a reason atheists should talk about Freemasonry or Satanism? So far as I know Freemasonry is no longer a particularly important group and Satanism I'm not sure was ever important. (Although I do remember an atheist writer somewhere writing "Why would anyone be a Satanist? To do so it seems you first must accept a bunch of nonsense and then ally oneself with the completely hopeless and losing side of it." I was offended as a Christian with the "bunch of nonsense", but I did get his point)

I don't equate atheism to those two things. Or even to Marxism, although Marxism could not have existed without atheism and atheism is a component of it. Still Marxism is not atheism anymore than Salafist Islam tells you much about all theism.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:52 PM

38 posts, read 91,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That is absolutely untrue, and it is obviously so. Every Freemason lodge requires members to believe in some higher power, but makes no requirement about what that higher power is, so that all can come together in peace and harmony. This has already been explained, and the reasoning is irrefutable. Since Freemasonry is not a religion, it would be entirely pointless for it to take a position about any religious belief.

Because Freemasons offer a prayer at the opening and closing of a lodge, offering it up to "God" or the Great Architect of the Universe, without mention of Jesus Christ (since that might make a Hindu or Buddhist uncomfortable), some religious zealots twist this into some kind of position that is anti-masonic. People who really think for themselves, seek out truth and listen to reason understand that such a position makes no sense.
The Great Arquitect of the Universe is Satan, not Jesus, for 33º degree freemasons.
1º-32º degree masons just believe in lies of humanism, philanthropism and bull****.
Christianism dont hide secrets, freemasonry hide secrets.
Why hide a secret? a secret is hidden to someone or to a society because of a reason, reason here is that behind all that humanist bull**** is hidden a true satanism.
You can believe this or not, but you cant deny the fact that freemasons have a luciferian tradition.
And thats all.
It would be funny if these guys were normal and innofensive people, but they are not.
They are banksters, politicians, even catholic priests, they are people with power.
And those who have power, they use it.
They want to chip us with rfid chips, reduce global population, rebuild the temple of salomon in jerusalem where the antichrist will claim he is god... these guys are maniacs.
This is serious.
But dont worry, Jesus will be back and he will destroy the enemy.
Keep ur eyes wide open and watch ur backs.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
The Great Arquitect of the Universe is Satan, not Jesus, for 33º degree freemasons.
1º-32º degree masons just believe in lies of humanism, philanthropism and bull****.
Christianism dont hide secrets, freemasonry hide secrets.
Why hide a secret? a secret is hidden to someone or to a society because of a reason, reason here is that behind all that humanist bull**** is hidden a true satanism.
You can believe this or not, but you cant deny the fact that freemasons have a luciferian tradition.
And thats all.
It would be funny if these guys were normal and innofensive people, but they are not.
They are banksters, politicians, even catholic priests, they are people with power.
And those who have power, they use it.
They want to chip us with rfid chips, reduce global population, rebuild the temple of salomon in jerusalem where the antichrist will claim he is god... these guys are maniacs.
This is serious.
But dont worry, Jesus will be back and he will destroy the enemy.
Keep ur eyes wide open and watch ur backs.
So you think all these guys work their way up through the degrees,going to church,doing positive things for charity,having chicken dinners and then they hit the 33rd degree.....and someone tells them.....you will now serve SATAN...and they just go...oh,ok,cool?You and YSM should get together for dinner

Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
So you think all these guys work their way up through the degrees,going to church,doing positive things for charity,having chicken dinners and then they hit the 33rd degree.....and someone tells them.....you will now serve SATAN...
SURPRISE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
and they just go...oh,ok,cool?You and YSM should get together for dinner
Modern Christianity NEEDS to demonize others in order to have a common enemy to unify their ranks.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
Atheist are too busy talking **** about christianism, why they are not so critic with those 2 movements?
Has it not occurred to you that as an atheist, I don't believe in your god or your satan? Why would I be talking about that?

I know very little about Freemasons, I have heard alot said but have no personal knowledge of it. So what am I to say about it??

I was raised in a christian home, no satanism didn't learn about it there, no Freemasons either. I know nothing about it and I could care less really.

It might be YOUR way to get wrapped around the axle about other peoples ways but its not mine. As long as they leave me out of it, I could care less, worship the weed in your front lawn for all I care.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Honestly, I'd worry a lot more about my fundie Christian neighbor than I would a Satanist. When was the last time you heard a Satanist say that his god was talking to him through a dog? How many Satanist serial killers have there been compared to Christian ones?
When you look at religious statistics the followers of Satanism world wide have not even rated a position on the charts. The charts I found listed less than 500,000 worldwide, or less than .0008% of the world population, which relates well to why I have never, meet a Satanist. I think I agree with Mercury, I had rather have one of their followers standing alone than a christian fundie neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality