Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You claim to be such a good Christian and a believer in your sacred book, here's a list of some very prominent Christians that are also Freemasons.

Billy Graham-- 33rd degree Freemason, world's most popular Christian evangelists.

Norman Vincent Peale-- 33rd degree Freemason, was the Grand Chaplain of The Grand Lodge of New York, Pass Grand Prelate of the Knights Templars and Shriner.

Robert Schuller--- 33rd degree Freemason, pastor of the Crystal Cathedral and the host of the "Hour of Power" television program.

Oral Roberts-- 33rd degree Freemason, founder of the Oral Roberts University.

Geoffrey Fisher--- Archbishop of Canterbury.

Robert E. Baylor-- founder and president of Baylor University.

Now, I suppose these fine religious men were or are Devil worshipers and Satanists
Ptsum, I have never claimed to be "such a good Christian". I am a sinner saved by grace; a blood washed soul, a regenerated in Spirit 'child' of God by adoption into the Name of the New Man.
And I am glad that you are revealing that Billy Graham is a Freemason, as his campaign has never admitted it. Billy Graham is a media made "preacher" whose own words on the Person and work of Jesus Christ actually condemn him; but the masses don't look at his own words.
As to the others, so what? They are not following Jesus Christ, to be members of a secret, occult, organization.
Do you think that Believers choose Christ, or not, by consensus? -That is a fast ticket to hell, because Jesus Christ gives Believers His Spirit, and they know His voice, and another they do not follow.

Quote:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ody-finney.htm
Among those noble men who have denounced Freemasonry and openly taken a stand against it are:

John Wesley, Alexander Campbell, Daniel Webster, Wendell Phillips, Chief Justice Charles Marshall, Charles Sumner, John Hancock, Horace Greeley, Pastor Dwight L. Moody, Pastor R. A. Torrey, Timothy Dwight, Evangelist Charles G. Finney, Charles Blanchard, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, John Madison, Amos Wells, Simon Peter Long, James M. Gray, Evangelist Billy Sunday, Dr. John R. Rice and Ulysses S. Grant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:46 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Ptsum, I have never claimed to be "such a good Christian". I am a sinner saved by grace; a blood washed soul, a regenerated in Spirit 'child' of God by adoption into the Name of the New Man.
And I am glad that you are revealing that Billy Graham is a Freemason, as his campaign has never admitted it. Billy Graham is a media made "preacher" whose own words on the Person and work of Jesus Christ actually condemn him; but the masses don't look at his own words.
As to the others, so what? They are not following Jesus Christ, to be members of a secret, occult, organization.
Do you think that Believers choose Christ, or not, by consensus? -That is a fast ticket to hell, because Jesus Christ gives Believers His Spirit, and they know His voice, and another they do not follow.
You know, I've got to tell you that the information that you are getting about some of those members that have denounced their membership in Freemasonry is false, mainly because they were never members of the fraternity to begin with.
Here's another list for you and these are known Masons:
Political Leaders in the USA.

Bill Clinton, Senior DeMolay

Newt Gingrich, 33rd degree Freemason

Bob Dole, 33rd degree Freemason

Jack Kemp, 33rd degree Freemason

Storm Thurmond, 33rd degree Freemason

Colin Powell, 33rd degree Freemason, former US Secretary of State

Jesse Helms, 33rd degree Freemason

Al Gore, Freemason

Past Presidents: George Washington, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, James Polk, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, James Garfield, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft, Warren G. Harding, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, and Gerald Ford,

Oh and a little side note, I personally know that Daniel Webster was never a Freemason, he's a direct descendent of mine. Kind of blows the credibility of your list.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
A lot of people think Billy Graham is a true minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but he is not. That is not to say that people are not saved when they have gone to the crusades, but Jesus saved the ones who are truly saved, and they then did not go to a "church of billy graham" after they were saved.

I have it on good authority that the Two Witnesses, Elijah and Moses, will appear on television and the whole world will see them. But I won't be here.
I don't watch television, but I link to some sites by internet, like Adrian Rogers -who died with colon cancer as a judgment on his person after he had that wicked book in his Church, written by that wicked man, Rich Warren. I know he is saved and in heaven, but he paid for his lack of discernment by being judged within the year after the Warren books were used in his Church.
Believers do not follow a name, but they follow Jesus, and no matter how famous or lifted high a man is, Believers are not to go after a man, and they are to openly rebuke those who say they are Believers if they are not walking in obedience to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
My favorite preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ of the last century was Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones, and his sermons can still be got by tape and they can be listened to on internet. He would not join the bandwagon for the Billy Graham crusades when asked, in the early 50's. I appreciate him for that.
You know I really hate to burst your bubble but,Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones is also a Freemason, he is a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Freemason, he was brought into the fraternity by Billy Graham and his son. This is for real.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,536,702 times
Default Shriners are Masons!

I'm sure Satan is really ticked off that these guys will put on a fez, get into clown cars and actually help handicappred children!

Maybe he'll be to ticked off he'll send them all to . . . heaven?

Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I'm sure Satan is really ticked off that these guys will put on a fez, get into clown cars and actually help handicappred children!

Maybe he'll be to ticked off he'll send them all to . . . heaven?
LOL....

Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,536,702 times
My grandfather was a 32 degree mason. An active Episcopalian and a man who walked the walk of a Christian.

My mother was a member of the Eastern Star when she was younger. She never was one for symbolism, tradition, and all the "falderall." Her philosophy was "Just say it how it is - don't make a big story out of it!" It just wasn't her thing.

There is a lot of beauty in the traditions and symbolism. I attended a Masonic Funeral - it was wonderful and joyful. It was a happy goodbye and so appropriate in the church. I guess I don't understand peoples fear of Masons. It's not like they try to recruit anyone - I didn't even know that my associate was even a Mason!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
Atheist are too busy talking **** about christianism, why they are not so critic with those 2 movements?
Becasue those two Christian sects generally don't show up on people's doorsteps, attempt to impsoe their religion into secular law, accost people on street corners, and shout and complain about being oppressed when they get kicked out of somewhere they don;t belong.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Because we're all secretly Freemasons and devil worshipers, duh.
I KNEW it!!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:27 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Becasue those two Christian sects generally don't show up on people's doorsteps, attempt to impsoe their religion into secular law, accost people on street corners, and shout and complain about being oppressed when they get kicked out of somewhere they don;t belong.
Bingo!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:28 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I can tell you the Freemasons funded a grant for my wife, who is a thearapist, to provide rehab to people who had suffered a stroke so they could learn to swallow properly again (instead of being fed through a tube.)
Those evil bastards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality