Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:32 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,665 times

Advertisements

This is what he looks like as described by Ann Rollins, spirit grandmother of medium James Padgett:

Ann Rollins' experience in seeking the Divine Love of God, she also gives a short description of Jesus

He is of a commanding figure, as you say on earth. His features are regular, and his eyes are of a deep blue, almost a purple blue, with such depths of love in them that under its influence you almost forget to note the color of his eyes.

The hair is a beautiful brown, worn long and parted in the middle so that it falls over his shoulders. His nose is straight and somewhat long, with nostrils very refined and showing the artistic elements in his nature. His other features are in keeping with those I have described.

He wears a beard quite long and very silky and brown like his hair. His manner is grace itself and modesty personified, and yet in him is the intensity of feeling which can show itself in just indignation when the occasion requires. And, yet, with all the great beauty of his person and the greater love of his soul showing itself, he is very humble - more so than any spirit I have seen.

I have given you a bare outline of his appearance, and you will never fully realize in your mind's eye, just what his appearance is, and only when you come over and meet him, will you fully understand the appearance of the most wonderful and beautiful and loving spirit in all God's universe.

To the non-believers, please do not post anything negative on this thread. This is for informational purposes only. Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
Quote:
He is of a commanding figure, as you say on earth. His features are regular, and his eyes are of a deep blue, almost a purple blue, with such depths of love in them that under its influence you almost forget to note the color of his eyes.
Ok, I know you don't want anything negative and I'm fine with that but I have to ask you a question. A person living two thousand years ago in the part of the world where Jesus is said to have lived would most likely resemble the people who live there today in terms of physical characteristics. People in the Middle East don't tend to have blue eyes and are generally somewhat dark skinned because they are adapted to a warm climate. Blue eyes are more characteristic of people living in northern Europe in places like Sweden, Germany or Great Britain. It would appear to me that a great many individuals who are Christians have an idealized image in their mind of what Jesus might have looked like and for the most part they tend to imagine that he would have looked alot like they do. We see this in thousands of paintings from Europe over many centuries but it certainly isn't a realistic representation of how Jesus would have really looked. And again, I don't mean this in a negative way, I'm just trying to point out something about human nature.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
There is nothing that seems real about this womens story. She said one thing that I know is a lie. She will stand before Him and give an account for her ignorance. So, many people are being deceived and she is one of them, and sadly the person that posted this might be also. LOL, when I saw the word medium I knew this story was full of crap. Jesus is God and will always be God. There is nothing informational what you posted. LOL, well atleast you tried to post a lie.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-11-2009 at 06:12 PM..

Old 11-11-2009, 06:11 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,988 times
The Prophet Mahammad (peace_be_upon_him) said:

There is no prophet between me and him, that is,
jesus (peace_be_upon_him).
He will descent (to the earth).
When you see him, recognise him:

a man of medium height,
reddish fair,
wearing two light yellow garments,
looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet.

He will fight the people for the cause of Islam.
He will break the cross,
kill swine, and abolish jizyah.
Allah will perish all religions except Islam.
He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die.
The Muslims will pray over him.

(Book #37, Hadith #4310)

Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Ok, I know you don't want anything negative and I'm fine with that but I have to ask you a question. A person living two thousand years ago in the part of the world where Jesus is said to have lived would most likely resemble the people who live there today in terms of physical characteristics. People in the Middle East don't tend to have blue eyes and are generally somewhat dark skinned because they are adapted to a warm climate. Blue eyes are more characteristic of people living in northern Europe in places like Sweden, Germany or Great Britain. It would appear to me that a great many individuals who are Christians have an idealized image in their mind of what Jesus might have looked like and for the most part they tend to imagine that he would have looked alot like they do. We see this in thousands of paintings from Europe over many centuries but it certainly isn't a realistic representation of how Jesus would have really looked. And again, I don't mean this in a negative way, I'm just trying to point out something about human nature.
Are you saying Jewish people don't have blue eyes? As you may not know, that is Jesus' heritage.

I believe you are mistaken.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
There is nothing that seems real about this womens story. She said one thing that I know is a lie. She will stand before Him and give an account for her ignorance. So, many people are being deceived and she is one of them, and sadly the person that posted this might be also. LOL, when I saw the word medium I knew this story was full of crap. Jesus is God and will always be God. There is nothing informational what you posted. LOL, well atleast you tried to post a lie.
Sorry you feel that way.

Unfortunately, Jesus is not God... I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the sooner you realize this fact, the better off you, and the rest of the people of the world who believe this, will be.

And further, Jesus, doesn't want anyone to worship him as God, as he considers this to be blasphemous against His Heavenly Father... the same Father that is yours also.

And whether you believe this or not and call me ignorant and a fool... it still doesn't change the fact that your belief is erroneous.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Sorry you feel that way.

Unfortunately, Jesus is not God... I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the sooner you realize this fact, the better off you, and the rest of the people of the world who believe this, will be.

And further, Jesus, doesn't want anyone to worship him as God, as he considers this to be blasphemous against His Heavenly Father... the same Father that is yours also.

And whether you believe this or not and call me ignorant and a fool... it still doesn't change the fact that your belief is erroneous.
LOL, I am not disappointed, this only shows that people are misguided and deceived. I didn't call you a fool, but if the name fits carry it.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:44 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
...... Jesus is not God... .

what is he ?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
LOL, I am not disappointed, this only shows that people are misguided and deceived. I didn't call you a fool, but if the name fits carry it.
And this coming from a Christian?

For shame...

Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
SoCalAngel2009 wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying Jewish people don't have blue eyes? As you may not know, that is Jesus' heritage.

I believe you are mistaken.
In this day and age after many centuries of people moving from one part of the world to another I would agree with you that so many ethnic physical characteristics have become so intermixed that it wouldn't be unusual to find a blue eyed Jewish person or an individual in Latin America who also has a European heritage. However, I don't believe that was the case a couple of thousand years ago in a time in which people generally wouldn't have traveled more than a few miles in their entire life. The majority of the Jews that I've known or met in my life are still brown eyed and generally have a slightly darker complexion than most Europeans although you do occasionally see an Israeli who has light colored hair and blue or green eyes. What I'm saying is that it is extremely unlikely in the time of Jesus that you would have seen Jewish people who resembled ethnic groups who lived thousands of miles away. It's not like you could book a flight from Bethlehem to Stockholm two thousand years ago and end up marrying a blond haired, blue eyed woman and bring her back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality