Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:18 AM

38 posts, read 91,826 times

Advertisements

Atheist are too busy talking **** about christianism, why they are not so critic with those 2 movements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I am deeply suspicious of any secret movement so yes I loathe Freemasonry as a principle. As for Satanism it appears to be mostly a pose rather than a real movement and I don't like posers of any kind.

Satanist ritual abuse has so far been debunked as a true phenomena ( ie people committing atrocities with a genuine belief in Satan). To believe in Satan you have to believe in God first so in essense a Satanist would simply be a very angry Christian for example who rebelled against his own beliefs. .... Most seem to be people who have watched far too many bad Hollywood horror films.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
I thought real satanism as practiced was basically atheistic anyway. I also get the feeling it's only a few steps removed from Pastafarianism on the "not really serious" scale. What's there to worry about?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
Atheist are too busy talking **** about christianism, why they are not so critic with those 2 movements?
Freemasons and satanists don't try to convert me.

As far as satanist being atheists...yes, some of them are. Others are actually Christians who follow the Christian Satan. It depends on the flavor of satanism.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:52 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Quote:
What atheists never talk about: freemasonry and satanism
I don't see anything particularly important about either one of them. Freemasons are just picked on because they're rather secretive but I'm not aware of any major menace to society that they're responsible for. Satanism just seems stupid to me. It's just a bunch of people who like to dress in black and act spooky as they engage in superstitious rituals. There's really not much to talk about.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
You know I find it rather funny that individuals who are ignorant of what Freemasonry is about try to tie it to Satanism and yet they could be no further from the truth than ever, for one thing you have to have a belief in a Creator, whether you call him God, Allah, Buddha, Creator, The Great Spirit, whatever, in ordered to be a member of the Masonic Fraternity. Atheists and Satanism have no place in the Masonic Fraternity, now if somebody were to take the time to educate themselves about Freemasonry they would not make such an idiotic and silly uninformed statements. Just my opinion and knowledge.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
ptsum wrote:
Quote:
now if somebody were to take the time to educate themselves about Freemasonry they would not make such an idiotic and silly uninformed statements
I agree, it's surprising how many conspiracy theories are out there regarding Freemasonry. I've even seen a documentary about it where they debunked alot of them. I know my GrandFather was a Freemason and I don't think he was involved in any sinister activities.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
Simple really...We do not believe in the whole god/ soul/ satan package and we may be critical of the free masons in the same way we are about the kinsmens club, the shriners, or the local tennis club...Clubs have nothing to do with atheism.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I find it rather funny that individuals who are ignorant of what Freemasonry is about try to tie it to Satanism and yet they could be no further from the truth than ever, for one thing you have to have a belief in a Creator, whether you call him God, Allah, Buddha, Creator, The Great Spirit, whatever, in ordered to be a member of the Masonic Fraternity. Atheists and Satanism have no place in the Masonic Fraternity, now if somebody were to take the time to educate themselves about Freemasonry they would not make such an idiotic and silly uninformed statements. Just my opinion and knowledge.
I know I had my reservations about Freemason's, just from all the things that I have read. I believe you and I disputed along time ago on this. So, I have left it alone and just watched the postings and tried to see it in a more positive light.

I beginning to agree it's just a men's club, probably a lot like Promise Keepers. You should see what they say about that group.

Thanks, for your teachings on this subject, even though you have been defending the group for awhile!!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default The FSMs: the Freemason - Satanist Movement

I doubt that Freemasons and Satanists make up anywhere near the volume of people that your basic fundamentalist Christians do. As correctly noted above, they also don't try to convert you. After all, to what would they convert? If George DubYah Bush had tried to create a Satanic-Faith-Based Initiatives Program, what do you think would have happened?

Most people realize you gotta keep your deep Satanic beliefs kinda quiet unless you're at the local anti-Debil meeting, where you're among equally disoriented people. Here, of course, we're all hiding behind our pseudonyms, and can say what we really feel.

As a subset of Christianity, Satanism's kinda lost in the fog. and Freemasons? Theyr'e really well on down the line. Their possible influence on my life? Zero. My interest in learning about them? Zero.

Now, as for the real FSM? The Pastafarian? That's something we can really sink our teeth into. Long as it's not too al-dent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality