Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,530,328 times

Advertisements

Brought to you by the same folks who use to love to burn Protestants and with a Pope who kept quiet during the murder of Jews in WW2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Brought to you by the same folks who use to love to burn Protestants and with a Pope who kept quiet during the murder of Jews in WW2.
Yep, nice huh? SOOOOOOOO Glad I dont hold that kind of thinking.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, that was a good repetition of everything you have already repeated several times before.

Basically you are arguing "I studied, so I know everything and you know nothing".

Sorry, but you have failed in your mission to re-write the Bible so that it would approve homosexuality. It does not. I don't blame you though, because the evidence against you is overwhelming.

Frankly I don't know why you even try. The Bible approves sex only between a married man-woman couple, and everything else is not approved. So, how could you possibly come to the conclusion that homosexual sex, which the Bible calls "unnatural" would be OK? It is completely illogical. You should avoid fighting fights which you simply can't win. You committed yourself to a suicide attack and lost, and your latest effort to discredit me personally does not help you to win the battle in any way. It only makes you look worse.

Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Did you ahve a point in quoting a book that not only claims women are property, but onyl applies to people who CHOOSE to follow it?

Gay isn't a choice, religion is.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:02 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,395,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_stein23 View Post
You heard it from the horse's mouth folks...The Bible according to Paul views women as sex objects , no more no less. Finn_Jarber is proud of quoting Paul that this is the natural use of women. The same self appointed apostle (Paul) who calls on women to keep their mouths shut. I rest my case; and
No further questions your honor!
Well if some people want to cherry pick verses from the Bible, isn't it only fair to do the same? I won't bother to comment on these verses. I think they speak for themselves.

1 Corinthians 11:9 Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?

1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Leviticus 19:20 If a man sleeps with a woman who is a slave girl promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed. The man, however, must bring a ram to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting for a guilt offering to the LORD. With the ram of the guilt offering the priest is to make atonement for him before the LORD for the sin he has committed, and his sin will be forgiven.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses said) Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,959,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Well if some people want to cherry pick verses from the Bible, isn't it only fair to do the same? I won't bother to comment on these verses. I think they speak for themselves.

1 Corinthians 11:14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?

Being Indian with hair down to my butt, that one always ticked me off. Of course it is totally contradicted by the Old Testament concept of the Nazarite. I asked a Christian about that one one time, never did get an answer other than, I kid you not, "god makes the rules; not me."

Old 12-30-2009, 04:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Being Indian with hair down to my butt, that one always ticked me off. Of course it is totally contradicted by the Old Testament concept of the Nazarite. I asked a Christian about that one one time, never did get an answer other than, I kid you not, "god makes the rules; not me."
Someone goofed, being a female my hair ( on my head) doesnt grow well for some reason, yet the hair on my legs seems to take no time in growing. Yet I see men such as yourself fullback with hair I envy, ticks me off.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:36 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I've lsot count of the times some bible thumper has gotten literally in my face and said "I don't like guys with long hair".

Most times my response of calmy stating "Then why are you even speaking to me?" usually leaves them dumbfounded.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post

Yeah, you know I find this one interesting also,I guess all the depictions of Jesus with long hair is going to have to be changed because he is now disgraced,hmmm....imagine that......Says me with my long hair....

Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Yeah, you know I find this one interesting also,I guess all the depictions of Jesus with long hair is going to have to be changed because he is now disgraced,hmmm....imagine that......Says me with my long hair....
My hair (even when I wore it longer) was never a "glory" to me - it was always a pain in the butt! If my short hair keeps this Christian woman out of heaven, so be it.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
My hair (even when I wore it longer) was never a "glory" to me - it was always a pain in the butt! If my short hair keeps this Christian woman out of heaven, so be it.

Well if that's all it takes to keep me out of the Christian heaven then I think I'll keep on growing it, like Fullback, I'm a Native American and my hair goes down to the middle of my butt also and it's black with silver streaks in it. Can you imagine if their Jesus were to come back dressed the way he was originally and tried to walk into a church, hell they would probably throw him out the front door, think he was a vagrant or something..........By the way there was always something else that bothered me about this Jesus fellow,he spent alot of time with those men that followed him around,they traveled together,they ate together,they preach together,they slept together,now other than the fact that one woman traveled with them,one would get the idea that they might be homosexuals,a little on the gay side,now I wonder how Christians might feel about that.....something to think about...

Last edited by ptsum; 12-30-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality