Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:27 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess that means that he thinks a good percentage of priests and nuns won't make the grade...
LOL! Yeah, for a church that's run by closet cases, does he really want to go down that road?

Oh well, I'm Presbyterian and gay, and the Presbyterian god is A-OK with the 'mos and I can get in Heaven via the Presbyterian side door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm straight and I don't care what he RCC or the Vatican thinks
Same here. The worst part is that I'm a converted Catholic. However, I will NOT stand idly by and take everything that the Vatican says to heart. I have had more than enough with the kettle calling the pot black as it pertains to the Catholic church. They should shut up about pretty much everything considering the horrendous pain and suffering they caused to thousands of children and families by covering up sexual abuse, etc.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:58 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed, it does mean that the homosexual catholic priests won't make it. That is a biblical truth. Homosexuals won't make it, and it doesn't matter what their profession was, a lawyer or priest. A sinner is a sinner, and they will not see kingdom of God.
If there is a heaven and "God", I think it is up to God to decide who goes where. I personally am turned off completely by people who categorically state where anyone is bound to go or not go based on "biblical truth." People who want to talk about "biblical truth" need to follow EVERYTHING from the bible 100% instead of picking and choosing (out of context) whatever suits their immediate agenda.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,549 times
h
Quote:
Indeed, it does mean that the homosexual catholic priests won't make it. That is a biblical truth. Homosexuals won't make it, and it doesn't matter what their profession was, a lawyer or priest. A sinner is a sinner, and they will not see kingdom of God.
Your whole argument departs from the presupposition your kingdom of gawd is real in the first place - sorry unless you can empirically prove it exists as a place or realm to start off with, your argument is moot.

You scrips condemn phat people as well as homosexuals so I guess a phat homo is double damned?

I must say I find in your few posts here this obsession with teh gheys, maybe "the lady protesteth too much" eh?

Your attitude will win you no new converts ghey or otherwise.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
People who want to talk about "biblical truth" need to follow EVERYTHING from the bible 100% instead of picking and choosing (out of context) whatever suits their immediate agenda.
Yes, absolutely no picking and choosing.

And it goes both ways too, since you can't say that "murder is wrong, but stealing is OK". All sin is wrong according to the Bible.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
h
Your whole argument departs from the presupposition your kingdom of gawd is real in the first place - sorry unless you can empirically prove it exists as a place or realm to start off with, your argument is moot.
It just happens to be the topic of the thread and unlike you, I try to stick to it.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
It just happens to be the topic of the thread and unlike you, I try to stick to it.
You stated that gays will not see the kingdom of heaven, that is an extraordinary claim, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence so where is your evidence that your heaven exists as a realm or a physical place?

Oh and BTW just in case you are not aware of the facts, jesus alluded to the kingdom of heaven far more than the supposed xian hell as is popularly put forward by theists. I am guessing your gawd thinks exactly like you as he/she/it only exists in your own imagination and musings, not really a coincidence when you analyse it now is it?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:16 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,551,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
You stated that gays will not see the kingdom of heaven, that is an extraordinary claim, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence so where is your evidence that your heaven exists as a realm or a physical place?
Not that I'm on the same page as him, but an odd element to this is you don't believe gays go to the kingdom of heaven either. In atheism/naturalism gays go to the same place as pedophiles, serial-killers, Nazis, priests, nurses, social workers, and teachers. That place being oblivion.

Granted there's a major difference in that this means gays are not denied any place at all, but still the phrasing you used can read a bit odd.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Not that I'm on the same page as him, but an odd element to this is you don't believe gays go to the kingdom of heaven either. In atheism/naturalism gays go to the same place as pedophiles, serial-killers, Nazis, priests, nurses, social workers, and teachers. That place being oblivion.
Oh I am sure we can extend that list but interesting the grouping of pedophiles and serial killers when I believe stats show theists to be the majority in these instances.
Quote:
Granted there's a major difference in that this means gays are not denied any place at all, but still the phrasing you used can read a bit odd.
Well if one believes in the good place than I suppose one must by default believe in the inverse.

Not that it matters as the whole concept of heaven and hell is nothing more than folklore and as no one has returned from the dead except a few questionable Nigerians and we all know how upstanding and honest they generally are eh? Speaking of which, I never knew so many of my relatives emigrated there and made fortunes and named me as the sole beneficiary.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:24 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Oh darn it, I wish someone asked him, if it's still OK to keep slaves, like it says in the Bible. The Christians seemed to have loosened up on slaves, I hope they can cut gay people the same slack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality