Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Sorry, but as a gay man, I'm not going to live a life without love. What people like you do is to use religion and the Bible to threaten gay people, scare them, and try to shove them back into the closet and shadows so you can pretend like they don't exist. Sorry, but I see that as bigotry and hatred. I'm a human with a partner of 14 years and two children. DEAL WITH IT!
Sorry. My comments were not intended that way. God loves you just as much as he loves me, and in the end only he will judge you, so you don't need to worry about what other people way, including me. But don't take a pastor's words for it either, even if you find one who says what you want to hear. The truth is in the Bible, so keep reading.

לך לשלום
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry. My comments were not intended that way. God loves you just as much as he loves me, and in the end only he will judge you, so you don't need to worry about what other people way, including me. But don't take a pastor's words for it either, even if you find one who says what you want to hear. The truth is in the Bible, so keep reading.

לך לשלום
No problem. I believe what my church preaches regarding gay people, and I know what current versions of the Bible say. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-21-2009, 08:32 PM

981 posts, read 806,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Sorry, but as a gay man, I'm not going to live a life without love. What people like you do is to use religion and the Bible to threaten gay people, scare them, and try to shove them back into the closet and shadows so you can pretend like they don't exist. Sorry, but I see that as bigotry and hatred. I'm a human with a partner of 14 years and two children. DEAL WITH IT!
That's right. You tell him.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:

לך לשלום
Is that the same bible that has "creation" backwards and jsut so completely wrong, and can't decide if humans came first or "animals and livestock"?

The same bible that claims the human race began with only two people, despite simple sciences proving this wrong, not only in fossil evidence but population viability standards?

The same bible that states there is enough water on the planet to compeltely inundate the surface and kill everything from kids to kittens? Except for some 900 year old guy who somehow, despite not being a shipwright, figured out how to build a wooden craft that far exceeds the structural capabilities of wood? That somehow tens of millions of animals, bird, fish, insects, and reptiles, all of which somehow lived within walking distance, could fit on said craft, including their food and feed for decades and tons of plant seed?

The same bible that can't decide of Christ's paternal grandfather, and is jambed packed full of other self-contradictions and hsitorical inancuracies?

The same bible in which your Christ never ONCE speaks out against gays and/or calls them sinners?

You'll forgive us if we don't take your poorly written fanstay novel seriously, or as anything approaching truth. It is merely a way to explain away bigotry.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Is that the same bible that has "creation" backwards and jsut so completely wrong, and can't decide if humans came first or "animals and livestock"?

The same bible that claims the human race began with only two people, despite simple sciences proving this wrong, not only in fossil evidence but population viability standards?

The same bible that states there is enough water on the planet to compeltely inundate the surface and kill everything from kids to kittens? Except for some 900 year old guy who somehow, despite not being a shipwright, figured out how to build a wooden craft that far exceeds the structural capabilities of wood? That somehow tens of millions of animals, bird, fish, insects, and reptiles, all of which somehow lived within walking distance, could fit on said craft, including their food and feed for decades and tons of plant seed?

The same bible that can't decide of Christ's paternal grandfather, and is jambed packed full of other self-contradictions and hsitorical inancuracies?

The same bible in which your Christ never ONCE speaks out against gays and/or calls them sinners?

You'll forgive us if we don't take your poorly written fanstay novel seriously, or as anything approaching truth. It is merely a way to explain away bigotry.
Actually, many gay posters here said they do take it seriosuly. Heck, why else would they want to go to church?

Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Wink Miami, eh?

Well, there is a place where the problem with xenophobia is just the difficulty to confront xenophobia.

IN the time: truce to the Jihad.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Actually, many gay posters here said they do take it seriosuly. Heck, why else would they want to go to church?
Thansk for admitting your scriptures are bupkis.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM

981 posts, read 806,320 times
Quote:
You completely ignored the illogicalities that Axis was raising in that post. You know this to be true. Shifting the focus back to gays and saying that they, apparently, believe, does not detract from what Axis wrote, nor does it undermine his/her contentions.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM

41 posts, read 121,992 times
I am a Christian & I am a member of an ELCA church. A church who is about to pull away from the ELCA & join another synod because the ELCA is welcoming same-sex couples. I live in a small town, which is full of people that still believe that a marriage should only be made of a man & a woman....because it says so in the Bible. I believe in the Bible & consider myself a strong Christian, but I also believe that the Bible was meant to be interpreted. It offers many stories that serve as metaphors for things that happen in your life everyday. So why are we to take the man/woman "thing" literally? Why do we interpret some of the stories & take others literally? The Bible was written MANY, MANY years ago. I undertand that gays probably either didn't exist or didn't "come out" at the time that the Bible was written. But this is almost 2010, people! They're here! Get over it! You would rather that gays didn't come to church to worship God at all than to have them sit next to you during the service?! That's crazy! Hopefully, even in small town America, this hatred &/or lack of understanding will die away very soon & we can all worship wherever we want with whomever we like without persecution. I pray for that.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
You completely ignored the illogicalities that Axis was raising in that post. You know this to be true. Shifting the focus back to gays and saying that they, apparently, believe, does not detract from what Axis wrote, nor does it undermine his/her contentions.
Yes, I ignored them, because he is so far off topic. He is trying to discredit the Bible as whole, while the topic is gays and christianity.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-22-2009 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality