Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Same here. Shocking isn't it. And this the 21st century. One could believe oneself in the 10th...

But remember some of us are worth sticking around for ! Go to the Games section for a while or read "The Onion" newspaper online. It usually brings a smile to my disbelieving face after reading some posts. They're not worth, they're not worth it, they're not worth it... My mantra when I feel like exploding over the internet. Not that it always works.

Think cute fluffy thoughts and breathe deeply :

puppies photos - Google Search

kitties photos - Google Search

baby donkeys - Google Search

Overload of cuteness sickliness can be helpful either by making one feel warm and fuzzy or simply by transferring the nausea to a nicer subject.
LOL, I needed that. Their hate and garbage spewing is really sad and sick. Makes me long for highschool days when we took care of it the old fashioned way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Excuse me, freedom of speech here, so if you dont like my BS babble then go away yourself.
UUMM No PREACHING HERE against the rules. SO NO I dont need the word of God.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Too bizarre! Why doesn't god punish the sinful immediately? It doesn't make sense to punish people centuries later. Unless the god you worship is an insane crackpot who should be interned in an institution for the criminally insane. I don't understand how anyone can worship such a brutal beast.
You ever heard of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves, well God repeatedly gives man chances to change his ways to avoid a coming disaster, weather it be manmade or natural, and those who chose to ignore His warning will suffer.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
UUMM No PREACHING HERE against the rules. SO NO I dont need the word of God.
This is a Christian thread and there is no rule against spreading the truth.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
You ever heard of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves, well God repeatedly gives man chances to change his ways to avoid a coming disaster, weather it be manmade or natural, and those who chose to ignore His warning will suffer.
Why doesnt he/she get off their dead rear and show themselves so more and more wouldnt have to die horrible painful deaths!!!!!! Or is he just sick and enjoys the show?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,722,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God doesn't judge nations. God judges the individual. God does not destoy that which He creates. Would you paint a picture just to turn around and destroy it? No. Neither does God.
What happened in Haiti is not by the hand of God. It happened because of the natural workings of the earth. If you studied science, you would know that.
How about the flood that destroyed everything except Noah, his family and the animals on the ark? As for nations, how about all the people the Israelites defeated? Those nations were destroyed, and remembered no more.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I don't disagree with you on this, i'm just adding the point that God also allowed, created, etc... the mechanisms of pain and suffering. They are a blessing, how else are we to determine when we are so off course that we don't know right from wrong?

If you read what i write in context, i say no such thing. His system is automatic.

Sin brings pain and suffering.

Righteousness bring life and joy.

godspeed,

freedom
Actually, God created us to be perfect. It's our own fault that we are not. We were perfect before we inherited this body. We just have to rid our souls of the encrustments.

Pain and suffering were not part of God's plan. Someone else created those things by disobeying the Laws. Now, the innocent suffer as much as the guilty. God had no part in it.

In an ideal and real world, there is no pain or suffering and all are perfect. We just haven't gotten to that point yet.

No, God did not have a hand in what happened and to say so goes against God even if you try to rationalize it with what you deem as righteous. God doesn't like suffering or pain. He is Love and has a love for them as much as everyone no matter what we have done to our lives.

Let's help by sending them Love. Love, so that they can ease their pain and Love so that they may become stronger and hold their head up high and face what has been brought onto them. Pray that God will see past our own comfort to aid the down hearted and homeless in that place. If we can't do anything, lets at least give them that. Lets love their pain away.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
This is a Christian thread and there is no rule against spreading the truth.
Go read the rules no PREACHING. And it is YOUR truth, not the truth. ANd no the Christian forum is labeled CHRISTIANITY. This is about all religions and Philosophy.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 AM

Okay who moved the thread, it is a Christian topic and it should be in the Christian section.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 AM

If that man is a Christian, then I was right about them all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality