Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,654,552 times

Advertisements

Lovely man who calls himself a "humanitarian" on his website and yet has strong links with Charles Taylor of Liberia and Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire. Blood diamonds , human rights violations anyone ? But obviously enough people believe his hateful rancid preaching to give him a lot of money.

With Christians like these who needs enemies ? He is a disgrace to Christianity as I believe it to be. The Religion of Love has somehow passed him by. Sounds simply like a racist, greedy, evil bastard to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
Could this be a judgment from God? maybe. It's possible, Do I know? No and neither does Robertson. In supporting our scriptural views we Christians love to throw around the judgment of Sodom thus assuming God's judgment. It is clear that God has already judged the nation of Haiti as He has judged every nation on earth. Haiti has unrest, crime, violence, voodoo, poverty, little to no infrastructure and the list goes on. All of that IS judgment from God.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,032,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Could this be a judgment from God? maybe. It's possible, Do I know? No and neither does Robertson. In supporting our scriptural views we Christians love to throw around the judgment of Sodom thus assuming God's judgment. It is clear that God has already judged the nation of Haiti as He has judged every nation on earth. Haiti has unrest, crime, violence, voodoo, poverty, little to no infrastructure and the list goes on. All of that IS judgment from God.
God doesn't judge nations. God judges the individual. God does not destoy that which He creates. Would you paint a picture just to turn around and destroy it? No. Neither does God.
What happened in Haiti is not by the hand of God. It happened because of the natural workings of the earth. If you studied science, you would know that.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,015,699 times
Quote:
Fundamentalist, PLEASE don't go there! For the sake of not eventually sounding as ridiculous as Pat Robertson, you might want to not go there. Just take my foolish advice.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times
Whether or not this was caused by a pact with the devil, I do not know; only God knows. However, God does Judge! This world is in for a rude awakening! The judgements are already starting to increase in frequency. You may think that you are getting by when you mock God, but you will reap what you sow. Count on it!

And I [Jesus] say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. - Luke 12:4-5

Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,015,699 times
100 pics of death, destruction AND hope from the Haiti disaster.

WARNING: Some pics are graphic and/or disturbing.

Just real sad what continues to happen down on that island nation. My heart goes out to the for real.

Haiti earthquake photos - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,789,937 times
The only thing I fear is people like you

Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,805,833 times
Quote:
Pat Robertson gives fundamentalist a bad name, if that's possible. Just what was he thinking? There is no scripture to support his thinking. He really needs to come back to the word of God. He's hurting the gospel!!

Pat Robertson says Haiti paying for 'pact to the devil' - CNN.com
Isn't fundamentalist a bad word anyway?

I don't know why he still has a show.
The sad part is I am sure many in his audience agree with him and probably won't donate money to help the victims in Haiti because of his stupid views.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,846,113 times
Robertson really needs to shut his mouth....its crackpots like him that make all Christians look bad. I think the guy may be certifiably nuts.

And unfortunately the left jumps right on these things and lumps all Christians in with Pat Robertson. He's so nutty with some his ideas that it makes me wonder if he was planted by liberals to make Christians looks like morons...

Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,789,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Isn't fundamentalist a bad word anyway?

I don't know why he still has a show.
The sad part is I am sure many in his audience agree with him and probably won't donate money to help the victims in Haiti because of his stupid views.
Thought the same thing. It is like saying Osama bin Laden gives terrorists a bad name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality