Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,066,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So much negativity and you people want to judge Pat Robertson. Have you ever heard of Sodom and Gamora, they were destroyed in Gods judgement, men, women, and children. I know the bible says it rains on the righteous and unrighteous alike but if a nation is unrighteous as a whole even the innocent suffer. Leave the man alone and focus on the word of God.
You mean the Word of God...like when Jesus was asked what sin was committed by the blind man or his parents that should explain his blindness and Jesus said NONE. His affliction was not caused by sin but he was healed in order to show God's glory.

Now, if some of you want to continue to stand around wondering why and assigning blame (who sinned?) you too will miss the opportunity to see God's glory in restoring people from a tragic circumstance.

Matthew 7:2-5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
If this is some of your Gods handy work, then I would have to say he is sick, horror loving,hateful and evil.

What did all those innocent children( not to mention all the others in general) do to deserve this. People who think that way are sick.
Then the problem is not with people who think as Robertson does it is with those who reject Gods word.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Then the problem is not with people who think as Robertson does it is with those who reject Gods word.

It is easy to reject a myth and an evil one at that. SO preach elsewhere I dont need or want to hear your BS babble.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
You mean the Word of God...like when Jesus was asked what sin was committed by the blind man or his parents that should explain his blindness and Jesus said NONE. His affliction was not caused by sin but he was healed in order to show God's glory.

Now, if some of you want to continue to stand around wondering why and assigning blame (who sinned?) you too will miss the opportunity to see God's glory in restoring people from a tragic circumstance.

Matthew 7:2-5
I can agree with your statements, there is no particular sin but sin as a whole.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
So much negativity and you people want to judge Pat Robertson. Have you ever heard of Sodom and Gamora, they were destroyed in Gods judgement, men, women, and children. I know the bible says it rains on the righteous and unrighteous alike but if a nation is unrighteous as a whole even the innocent suffer. Leave the man alone and focus on the word of God.
Too bizarre! Why doesn't god punish the sinful immediately? It doesn't make sense to punish people centuries later. Unless the god you worship is an insane crackpot who should be interned in an institution for the criminally insane. I don't understand how anyone can worship such a brutal beast.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 AM

I guess god does not like a lot of people in the Bible belt as well, all those tornadoes and hurricanes.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
I cant believe the garbage I am reading. I have to think about how much I like this forum before I go on. What I have to say to you guys would certainly get me banned.
Same here. Shocking isn't it. And this the 21st century. One could believe oneself in the 10th...

But remember some of us are worth sticking around for ! Go to the Games section for a while or read "The Onion" newspaper online. It usually brings a smile to my disbelieving face after reading some posts. They're not worth, they're not worth it, they're not worth it... My mantra when I feel like exploding over the internet. Not that it always works.

Think cute fluffy thoughts and breathe deeply :

puppies photos - Google Search

kitties photos - Google Search

baby donkeys - Google Search

Overload of cuteness sickliness can be helpful either by making one feel warm and fuzzy or simply by transferring the nausea to a nicer subject.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Too bizarre! Why doesn't god punish the sinful immediately? It doesn't make sense to punish people centuries later. Unless the god you worship is an insane crackpot who should be interned in an institution for the criminally insane. I don't understand how anyone can worship such a brutal beast.
Absolutely!!! Satan and God seem to have a lot in common.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
It is easy to reject a myth and an evil one at that. SO preach elsewhere I dont need or want to hear your BS babble.
Excuse me, freedom of speech here, so if you dont like my BS babble then go away yourself.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,008,333 times
Question.

If this earthquake was god's judgement, why am I reading comments from some Christians (pretending to show some concern) that they are praying for Haiti or wanting to help? Why try to alleviate the result of god's judgement? Why interfere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality