Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 11:58 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The opportunity to grow out of poverty and negativity is the blessing.

I can't disagree with what you have said, additionally we must recognize cause and effect.

godspeed,

freedom
I really agree with this!!!!!!

Also, why do people believe that God won't destroy nations, LOL if he created them, what makes you think that he won't destroy them..babies, animals,senior citizens I mean no one is exempt from death..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:00 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I do agree with what Pat Robertson said about Haiti. After seeing the devastation on TV and hearing the stories pouring out of the country it does break my heart that these people are enduring such a massive loss. Families have lost loved ones, their city is in ruins and I hope it can be rebuilt. On the other side of the coin this country has dealt in black magic for a long time, which does not honor the living and true God. I don't believe God made this happen, but I do know that he could've stopped it if it was his will.

People are spewing out horrible things about Robertson...Christians, think of the prophets like Isaiah and Jeremiah. They weren't popular with the non-believers. Is Robertson a prophet? I don't think so, but God does give wisdom, insight and knowledge to those who seek it. People. take a look at yourself and your life before speaking in this manner about another person.
I agree and people hate the truth, kinda like the people who hated Jesus for speaking the truth..

it's like De Ja vu all over again.

PEOPLE HATE THE TRUTH, that's why they come on a message board spewing all their hate about christianity ..jmtc

Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,869,230 times
Pat Robertson says Haiti paying for 'pact to the devil'

I suspect that people like p. robertson will eventually be the impetus for a law against "Excessive stupidity in public."

Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
I really agree with this!!!!!!

Also, why do people believe that God won't destroy nations, LOL if he created them, what makes you think that he won't destroy them..babies, animals,senior citizens I mean no one is exempt from death..
Simple really....God didn't create any nations; man did that on his own. I must say, you certainly have a strange outlook for a person who has named themselves "lifesprecious" ...Are you another who thinks this disaster is some kind of vengeance by god on the people of Haiti?...

Awww, I see by your last post that you are...Into the bin for you.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
This thread is quite an eyeopener for me...It seems that America has two main kinds of Christians...Those that use their faith as an inspiration of love for their fellow man, and those that use it as an excuse to hate others....I have only ever experienced the former in my life....Guess I've been lucky, huh?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Pat - Jerry and Oral are waiting to give you a very warm reception. I hope you see them soon!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This thread is quite an eyeopener for me...It seems that America has two main kinds of Christians...Those that use their faith as an inspiration of love for their fellow man, and those that use it as an excuse to hate others....I have only ever experienced the former in my life....Guess I've been lucky, huh?
Yes wish I could say the same. some I read are heartfelt prayers and others is just spewing hate. Sad really.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Same here. I have been really quite shocked at the brand of Christianity on offer from some posters having only had contact with normal, decent Christians before. Oh well you learn something every day as they say ! I met a few fruitcakes in the Deep South before but they really were exceptions to the rule.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,008,333 times
I wish I could say I am shocked, but what hurts me more is that [some] of my OWN black people, living in the Caribbean where I am from, who should know better are spouting the same nonsense as Pat Robertson. These are people whose own islands have been hit with major quakes in a not so distant past, islands which are also due for their own "big one."

Old 01-14-2010, 12:58 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times
It is absolutely mind-boggling that in the 21st century, there are still those who still live in the Dark Ages where the scientifically proven movement of tectonic plates have been reduced to nothing more than the calculated and hateful revenge of a spitefully malicious, jealous, angry god.

Thank goodness for higher education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality