Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
And you prove my point once again.
What that you are a waste of my time? You are. Time is precious and I rather discuss things with people that have something real to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,008,333 times
I want to acknowledge the Christian men and women who actually recognize nature when they see it and are rolling up their sleeves to help others in this plight and not holding back because they think it is some judgment from their god. I am well aware not all Christians think like Pat Robertson and thankfully so.

Some Christians love it both ways. When there is blessing and prosperity and THEY are benefiting, it's because of god's blessing and the nation has returned to god (in their imaginations) but when all hell breaks loose, it is because god is judging the same nation. Black and white and end of story.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I admit, the spirit of this thread was getting me down.

But your kids act of charity lifted me back up.
Just when you think your kids are little demons they go and show their little hearts. Then they go back to demons.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I want to acknowledge the Christian men and women who actually recognize nature when they see it and are rolling up their sleeves to help others in this plight and not holding back because they think it is some judgment from their god. I am well aware not all Christians think like Pat Robertson and thankfully so.

Some Christians love it both ways. When there is blessing and prosperity and THEY are benefiting, it's because of god's blessing and the nation has returned to god (in their imaginations) but when all hell breaks loose, it is because god is judging the same nation. Black and white and end of story.
Yes, I agree.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
My point is that we are all sinners just that some are willing to admit there faults and strive to do better and others just want to ignore the truth and live the lie.
I am not a sinner as I don't believe in the concept of sin. I am not perfect, of course not, and I don't mind that. I am as good as I can be, that is enough, I am happy that way.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
I find it a little sad that we are devoting so much energy to the ramblings of this crackpot. It is also sad that so many seem to want to portray him as some sort of mainstream Christian.

With that said, let's watch the actual outpouring of Aid to Haiti and focus on those that are a part of the solution instead of paying attention to the jerks trying to grab attention and profit from the crisis. (There are others besides him)

Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
After reading more about the wretched situation in Haiti, the most charitable thing I can say about Pat Robertson is that he'll probably be dead soon, and then God will deal with him. What a rotten human being. Anyone, including any of you, who would think that babies and little children deserved to die in such a manner--crushed by buildings, trapped and starving, dying of thirst, afraid and alone, or from the numerous diseases that will come soon due to the dead people everywhere--should be ashamed.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,838,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not a sinner as I don't believe in the concept of sin. I am not perfect, of course not, and I don't mind that. I am as good as I can be, that is enough, I am happy that way.
Then you condemn yourself and need to stop blaming the Christians.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:54 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Take my challenge and make a donation....It's easy, and there are many choices.

haiti disaster relief - Google Search

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Then you condemn yourself and need to stop blaming the Christians.
That logic of yours is beyond me, sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality