Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
...Once again, as I challenged earlier: give the name(s) of your observer. Who ever observed continents or even large land masses sliding over other large land masses...in some cases without fracturing?...
Best wishes.
Observers all over the world are witnessing plate tectonics in action to this very day.

Ever hear of the earthquake in Haiti? And in the 2004 Indonesian earthquake (and resulting tsunami) the the Australian and Eurasian plates slid past each other by 18 meters in minutes.

Last edited by Astron1000; 01-30-2010 at 03:04 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 03:07 PM

218 posts, read 397,608 times
Default evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Again, you haven't provided any evidence at all that hasn't been thoroughly debunked many times over. The links I provided several posts back alone completely demolish the arguments you've presented.

Utter nonsense. If you weren't so deeply brainwashed with accidentalist thought then the evidence I presented would be very clear in your mind. God's Word taught a universal deluge...and the evidence of that deluge is there....big time. You need to quit believing the cheap little arguments of people who ought to know better because their position is not honest.

Evidence of a universal cataclysm is world-wide in scope:

The erosion of the last few hundred years is seen at the foot of every plateau. Where is all the rest of the sediment that was once as high as the flat surfaces?

Agate Springs, Nebraska

North Africa

The Gobi Desert

South Dakota:

Point: Only a flood of enormous power could have moved all the millions of metric tons of sediment from one location to another part of a continent. Local erosion could not do that.

And lest you forget, if there was a flood at all it was the flood of Gilgamesh not Noah.

No, it was not. Gilgamesh and those of that age learned it from Noah and his family by oral tradition. But by that time the account had been corrupted. Moses is the one who got it right.

Therefore any "proof" you cite could only validate the accuracy of Sumerian mythology, not your Bible.

You aren't telling the truth. Jesus told the truth. He said there was a universal flood. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change the truth of what He said.

If you honestly believe there was a global flood then I suggest you start worshiping the Sumerian gods.

Bring them on! Lets see if those so-called Sumerian 'gods' can do what my Lord Jesus can do. The God I serve performs miracles and answers prayer. I and my companions have seen it.
I don't believe a word you are saying and you have no evidence for the truthfulness of evolution.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I don't believe a word you are saying and you have no evidence for the truthfulness of evolution.
Then simply go away and don't bother those of us who are thinkers and not believers.

Unless, of course, you'd like to entertain us with your answer to how Noah fit 20 million breeding pairs of creatures on his boat.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:31 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,128 times
Quote:
No, it was not. Gilgamesh and those of that age learned it from Noah and his family by oral tradition. But by that time the account had been corrupted. Moses is the one who got it right
Yawn.

Again, The Epic of Gilgamesh was around a thousand years before Noah, Moses, your Bible or your god were dreamt of.

Quote:

I don't recall mentioning evolution. But unlike your flood and your Bible the evidence for evolution and an ancient earth are written in stone. Both are undeniable facts.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 PM

Astron1000; Observers all over the world are witnessing plate tectonics in action to this very day.

Ever hear of the earthquake in Haiti? And in the 2004 Indonesian earthquake (and resulting tsunami) the the Australian and Eurasian plates slid past each other by 18 meters in minutes.[/quote]

I didn't say plate tectonics isn't occurring. Where did ANYONE, ANYWHERE see an entire continent slide over another continent.

YOU...are not being honest in your summation of this subject.

Give me names of those who witnessed what I challenged.

Observe this:{mod] copyright violation [/mod]

You mean to tell me that the Alps (which are upside down(!) according to the so-called geologic column) slid over 500 miles because of plate tectonics? On which planet? Not planet earth.

But again, I challenge you to give us the name of an observer that such a thing every happened....AND that such things sometimes happen without shearing.

The Alps: upside down!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-30-2010 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: all copyright material should be only 2lines and a link..same for pictures

Old 01-30-2010, 03:42 PM

[quote=QuixoticHobbit;12683918]Yawn.

Again, The Epic of Gilgamesh was around a thousand years before Noah, Moses, your Bible or your god were dreamt of.

You aren't telling the truth. The only true and living God was known by Adam, Seth, Enoch, and Noah long before Gilgamesh every existed. The Sumerians LEARNED from what Noah had taught centuries before them.

You've got it backwards because you don't believe God communicated the factual account to His people. We do.

I don't recall mentioning evolution. But unlike your flood and your Bible the evidence for evolution and an ancient earth are written in stone. Both are undeniable facts.

That's simple a lie. There is no truth in it and there is no power in it.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Then simply go away and don't bother those of us who are thinkers and not believers.

You are not a thinker. For you, its garbage in and garbage out. You are just spewing forth nonsense that you were taught and calling it 'science'.

The reason you want me to leave the board is because the real truth bothers you. It should.

Unless, of course, you'd like to entertain us with your answer to how Noah fit 20 million breeding pairs of creatures on his boat.

He didn't fit 20 million breeding pairs...genius.
Read Genesis 6 & 7 and quit believing the skeptical journals that gave you that nonsense.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
This thread is now reopened..Please stay on topic, do not hijack this thread into a chat room mentality or it will be locked permanently..

Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
....and not to mention that a number of cultures/civilisations such as the Egyptians and Chinese amongst others, appear to have survived your Noah's flood.
Did anyone say Noah was of any one specific races? Hamites, Shemites, and Japethites, I believe, are the three races that came after the flood.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:

You are not a thinker. For you, its garbage in and garbage out. You are just spewing forth nonsense that you were taught and calling it 'science'.

The reason you want me to leave the board is because the real truth bothers you. It should.

He didn't fit 20 million breeding pairs...genius.

I don't want you to leave. You are very entertaining. right back 'atcha. And I suspect it is not I who is spewing nonsense.

I just want you to answer how Noah fit 20 million breeding pairs - or 40 million creatures - aboard his boat.

After all, you are arguing for Noah's existence and a world-wide flood that killed everything. To account for the 20+ million species alive today, you either have to admit Noah had 40 million creatures aboard his boat, or you have to admit to evolution. Which will it be?

Wait a second. No, it's more than 40 million. Because god instructed Noah to save seven pairs of "the birds and the clean animals." Hmmm. That might just push the number over 50 million!

Oh, and one other thing. To collect 40 million creatures - even at the rate of one per minute for 24/7 - it would have taken Noah 76+ years to accomplish that task.

Too bad for the mayflies. They only live for one day!

Last edited by Astron1000; 01-30-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality