Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:16 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You gently correct and guide children. You don't threaten or abuse them. Not sure how you raise your own children but I raise mine with Love and understanding. I put myself in their position. If you are not perfect, how can you expect them to be perfect.
Thanks for recanting on your earlier idiotic comment.
An honest man would have mentioned it and given credit where it is due.
I am not surprised that you did not.

"You don't threaten or abuse them."

If this is a good policy for you then how can you follow a god who says---do it my way or burn forever?

Is that not abuse?

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
How evil can you get! He created the human race!

More evil and sadistic: the human race is still in existence!
He did?
Wow.
Do you know this as a fact or is it just hear say or bible say?

Regards
DL

Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Saying only through me does one come to the father, doesn't mean we now follow Jesus instead of God...It means that Because Jesus was sinless...and the state of sinlessness is the way to God...thus making his statement correct....it is only through sinlessness one can come before God.

Now we have to ask what is sin...and how do we become sinless.?

Well If we do, what God said to do...and we follow what God asked of us, and we uphold his laws precepts, judgments, covenants, and his will..fulfilled..Then Like Jesus we become...and then we follow him to God, because we have been cleaned by our faith, actions, and heart...for the first commandment is to LOVE GOD> Loving thyself...and nothing is done to harm thyself for to hurt or hate thyself is anti God...and to pollute the Earth is to pollute life, which pollutes thyself and the others...which is also another commandment being broken...Love thy neighbour as thyself....

This means the neighbours are also God like...and if we all do or follow the same belief we should all get along under God...a God who shares everything!!!

And only through that understanding is humankind Going to achieve Godliness!
By sharing Everything!

There is no other way...Love can be used to cover up sin...and sin is imperfect...So be careful what is being protrayed as LOVE these days...it is not sexual persay...it is however Conceptual and essental to God, that we Love him Souly and singularly....in the right way.

That is true Love...the Love Christ asked for..."Do you love me?, then Feed my people"

Do you see any word about sex or did Jesus ever express sexual intent?

No.

So we know Christ was preaching and showing true love for all who would hear him...
And he shared what he knew, and he fed his people for free...
Sharing and Free food, and caring....went against the system of Idols...which he kicked out of his fathers house....fulfilling the second commandment about Idols and engraven imaged things he did not create....or want in his house...
So when we look at the Genesis creation list of things God made...we know Banks, money, and things that do not live...are not of his works...
Although we need tools...and God allows that...it is when the tool becomes more important than the man / creation, that issues with God arise...as with anything made.

God knows we need air, water, food, and reason for being...and he has Given us those verythings...
Gene 9:3 "I give you everything"...everything except X...Y...Z... and what God is pointing out is the givens are what God made Good...Jesus also says "it is all Good when taken with thanksgiven"...which also points to the Genesis 9:3 , 1:11,1:12,1:29...and then goes to reason Genesis 2:15 and why God made us...is to tend and keep.

So into sin they went (Adam and Eve) by way of disobediance of God's word (do not touch or eat)
And in light of that..and being sent out of EDEN...into death?...and having children in death...Jesus came to bring us out of it...By doing the reverse of what Adam and Eve have done....and in essence Restore something to its rightful place SINLESSLY....

Makes sense?

To undo the curse, we have to become what God wants...sinless helpers.....that is the will of God, the word of God..the fulfillment of God...and the sons and daughters of God....and he made them in his likeness Male male, and female female...correcting the error in them.

So that is the bible...that is the truth of God....and it make a logical sense of reasonable ideas to try and follow by sowing seeds, and being Good in life, as best you can...and live for free, sharing, giving, caring...knowing...and doing what God asked....makes a better world order....the more that do these things, the More God will help us...

but if we pick up stupid idols and base all things under it , and devalue life to it....and constantly ask for it, and build ontop of it...As we now do...and knowingly polluting the very creation, and the necessities of life (air, Water, Living things and what God made good)
Then we surely are in for trouble with God, as he judges us according not only to our faith (belief) but by our actions (works).

If he asks or claims he made us to be helpers of the garden...and we do not toil in it to our and its benefit....then we are the opposite or opposer of God.

So do we judge God?...or should we judge ourselve first?...It has been said that God is good...and only God is Good....so we have no real stand on his being Evil or bad...and thus Jesus says "Only God is Good"...which intales our decline or adversion to being good, by way of being mislead to different ideals, that undermine the proper or the greator good God made for us....which is restoration of EDEN or multiplication of Eden...by way of punishment for being sinful...for with out sin...Eden would be...and because of sin...Eden is not...and we are in the not Part that can be...but it could be if we follow what God asked of us or we come to understanding the principles God is using to gain our attention in the now....Global warming and pollution is harming the creation.
And the modernized world, and its leaders Know about it....but they do not want to change their ways..because it cuts into their profit margins...and taxes....under the idol!

God says do this...and Humans do the opposite.
God comes before Moses and Gives him laws, and covenants to live by...Humans do the opposite.
God says be good...Humans do the opposite..
God says he sent his son, who says follow me to God by doing what I have done and said...Humans do the opposite, or denie what was done and said.

A hard bunch of coconuts God has to deal with.....Should he judge them?
Jesus cries out..."Forgive them they know not what they do"

So God gives us time..a double time...and a half a time...to come to some understanding.

Are we coming together with this wisdom?

No.

So let God judge the Earth...(I say)....what or how WE JUDGE?? is mud if we pollute our very selves, and the creation, mindlessly for profits and gains under a idolic system God said not to make.

What kind of minds are they to judge anything, that believe in wealth over sound healthy and prosperious life?...is that Properious life not what God said he would employ over those who do what he said to do , in a certain way...under a certain law, upholding certain precepts and covanants, and statutes?

And so who can Judge God about taking good care of his creations?
If we as a race of one (HUMANKIND) continue to Pollute and defile and destroy for that idolic system....God has every right to correct the problem.

And so when God acts....he acts for the greator good...no matter how Evil it may seem to be to our limited mindset....

If you are not with God...then you make yourself his enemy mime....his Nemisis....his anti...his opposite...his negitive...

And that is the anti EDEN, ANTI GOD, ANTI CHRIST that is born through the idolic system...coming soon?...or is it not already?

Think about that...

And if we are to judge Angels...according to Scriputres...Then we need to know God's intent, and will, and word....because God is going to judge everything in the end, That we are now creating by being opposite to him who made us, and everything else living....

If we support Evil...then we are partners in Evil.
If we support Error...then we are partners in Error.

If we under the idol told not to make, buy and sell, use and do things God said do not do, or touch, or have, or make...then we are disobediant to God...and that is sin....

if these sins pollute and harm the Earth...then we harm ourselves and all life.

I think God has a right to step in right about now~ to Judge a little~...Don't you?

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-24-2010 at 12:40 PM..

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Exactly. God's evil is above all others. He gets the gold.

The O T has humans killing humans on Gods command.

Who is responsible for those deaths?

Regards
DL
God did not command the killing of anyone. You are so stuck in that belief that you think all believe the same as you. Sorry. Not happening here.

The OT was written by primitive, misunderstanding humans. Their idea of God was different. Those same primitive men pushed their own idiotic ideas onto others and threatened them with eternal punishment, something in which God does not do.

God is not now nor has ever been evil. You misunderstand my own beliefs if you think I believe in an evil, punishing God. You read the bible, I don't.

You might want to read other spiritual books to find out just who and what God is. If you want to believe in a punishing God, by all means, go for it but don't try to twist my words to suit your needs.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post

If this is a good policy for you then how can you follow a god who says---do it my way or burn forever?

Is that not abuse?

Regards
DL
That is a man made idea. IT is not who God is. You can follow man and his ideas if you want. No harm to me. I follow the true teachings of Jesus and I can tell ya, God did not do those things the OT claims that He did.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
I think God has a right to step in right about now~ to Judge a little~...Don't you?
Then let Him step up.
If not, to hell with him for shirking His duty.

As to sinless, that is hard to do when it is said we are all born with original sin.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality