Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I understand your stance but if you, like me, believe it wrong to let people think wrong, it is our duty to correct.

If you doubt our duty then just Google Jesus camp or killing African witches to know from whence our duty is born.

Regards
DL
It is not your duty to correct anyone. We are in charge of our own souls. When you worry about what others are doing, you lose track of what you are doing. God knows our hearts so it doesn't matter where we get His truths as long as we are heading to Him. To think that you have to only truth is just absurd. There are plenty of enlightened souls who do not even read the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It is not your duty to correct anyone. We are in charge of our own souls. When you worry about what others are doing, you lose track of what you are doing. God knows our hearts so it doesn't matter where we get His truths as long as we are heading to Him. To think that you have to only truth is just absurd. There are plenty of enlightened souls who do not even read the bible.
can you not tell bye his name revernd111- he thinks he is God

Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
The Rev isn't a guy. Just so ya know.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
The Rev isn't a guy. Just so ya know.
He was referring to Greatest.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
He was referring to Greatest.
Boy did I read that wrong! Sorry dobeable!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times
Quote:
judge not yet ye be judged,couldnt be any simpler

i dont think God is evil-He wouldnt harm anyone that didnt deserve it but some people deserve it so He can apear to be cruel-you reap what you sow-so you get what you deserve.
Did the innocent children and babies in Sodom or in Noah's genocidal flood deserve the death that that God gave them?

If He is to punish in hell, why punish on earth?

Regards
DL

Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Evil comes from man. God did not create evil. You may think that but you are wrong. Love does not create anything that is negative. If you think otherwise, you do not know the Love of God. God is merciful, kind, gentle, compassionate, forgiving, and most of all, LOVE of the absolute kind.

God did not sacrifice any of His children. The barbarians of the world 2000 years ago thought that God needed a sacrifice. How sorely wrong they were. God does not need anything. He would like to have our Love but He does not need it. If you still believe in sacrifice then you are just as barbaric.

I place none above God, not even Jesus as most of the bible christians do. How sad that God is the creator of ALL yet most worship the son. The son is only the wayshower.

It's really astounding how many people believe every word of the bible yet no two agree on everything. Seems like if it were the word of God that all would agree. Maybe the book is not what people make it out to be.
Your God of love sure likes to express it by killing humans.

You break the 1 st commandment by placing man above God in the creation of evil. Oh well.

Regards
DL

Old 03-23-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You would not make much of a father if you did not correct your children.
Let them put their hands or face in the fire then.
It is not your duty to correct them. Let them burn a bit. That will teach them a lesson and the scars do not matter.

Regards
DL

Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Oh ye of little faith.

As a father, I want my children to meet or best whatever I am.

To think that our heavenly father would want less for his children would mean that man has a better standards.

Are we not all sons of God?

Do ye not know that ye are Gods.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Are we being asked to do the impossible?

Regards
DL

Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,927 times
That depends on what God we're talking about here. It can be hard to find one redeeming quality in the christian God. If for some reason I ever felt the need to believe, He'd be at the very bottom of my list. Yeah, I'd classify that God as evil.

Personal gods? Well, that's different. They tend to be the more warm and fuzzy types. Anything good comes from them; anything bad is from somewhere else. They love everyone. Hell, they are love itself. Those belong in the good category, I guess you could say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality