Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 11:52 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
It boggles the mind that someone could make this statement in all seriousness.The guy desperate to believe in an ark railing against science believers as blind faith believers.I would think someone was pranking this for fun if I hadn't seen enough of his posts to know that somehow this guy manages to believe he is serious in saying this.I wonder what scientific blind faith I am buying into,the quantum physics of my computer and cell phone,the genetics of medicine,the physics of nuclear energy,the biology that allows diagnosis of certain diseases of fetus's in the womb...what?

Creationists are actually inherently intellectually dishonest.They use all the trappings of modern science that fits their needs in their daily life,and then suddenly start spouting nonsense about one very specific area of science, evolution,because their faith forbids them to believe in it.Hypocritical in the extreme.
Please do not mix real science with evolution. And that is the point I was making. You dismiss the Biblical account, yet the Biblical accounts continue to be proven by historical discovery. And it is often the believers in evolution that ignore that most obvious reality. And then call believers in the Bible Hypocritical in the extreme. Hypocritical are those who ignore the truth, that has been revealed.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Please do not mix real science with evolution. And that is the point I was making. You dismiss the Biblical account, yet the Biblical accounts continue to be proven by historical discovery. And it is often the believers in evolution that ignore that most obvious reality. And then call believers in the Bible Hypocritical in the extreme. Hypocritical are those who ignore the truth, that has been revealed.
If you wish to believe this nonsense then have at it.Correcting someone's ignorance of science is not my responsibility fortunately.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
If you wish to believe this nonsense then have at it.Correcting someone's ignorance of science is not my responsibility fortunately.
Scary huh? They just ignore the overwhelming evidence against these fakes, they fall hook line and sinker. Screams of desperation.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I don't have to worry about it. Because from all past reports we know the Ark is there. I believe this is just one of the broken sections of it. And there should be at least 2 or three more sections to be found. It was not long ago you guys were saying that nothing would be found there. It appears you were wrong.
Campbell! Get professional help old son....NOW!!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
He holds on to his beliefs in the face of all evidence to the contrary. "Because from all past reports we know the Ark is there"? All those previous ones which have been discredited?

Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
I find it quite incomprehensible!!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Campbell! Get professional help old son....NOW!!!!
That was possibly the lamest comeback I've read all year. Answer his post and grow up.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That was possibly the lamest comeback I've read all year. Answer his post and grow up.
You obviously have not read many of Campbells posts.He has refined ignoring facts and repeating debunked BS to a fine art.Answering him is pointless He ignores what he doesn't want to believe,no matter the material presented for his edification, and believes in whatever fantasies fit his beliefs.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
You obviously have not read many of Campbells posts.He has refined ignoring facts and repeating debunked BS to a fine art.Answering him is pointless He ignores what he doesn't want to believe,no matter the material presented for his edification, and believes in whatever fantasies fit his beliefs.
I understand your point of view. But I could say the same for most of these comments as well. Alot of you guys aren't listening to each other. You just dismiss each other's opinions and point of view because of what you think is right. I think we should just respect each others belief and leave it at that. No sarcasm, no jokes, no anger, etc. That's something I had to learn the hard way.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I understand your point of view. But I could say the same for most of these comments as well. Alot of you guys aren't listening to each other. You just dismiss each other's opinions and point of view because of what you think is right. I think we should just respect each others belief and leave it at that. No sarcasm, no jokes, no anger, etc. That's something I had to learn the hard way.
The comments rebutting folks like him are based on hard,proven scientific data.How exactly are you supposed to give credence to a belief that says the earth is 6000 years old when exactly zero evidence points to this?If some religious book come out that claims that 2+2 actually equals 6,should science give it serious consideration just because some consider it true because their religion says it is true?Should we,for example,really give serious thought to whether or not promiscuous women cause earthquakes because an Islamic imam say they do?Do we rewrite seismology textbooks to include this theory?

When somebody holds on to unscientific beliefs because their religion claims the scientific belief to be untrue,and then makes lame attempts to belittle those believing in hard,proven science as blind faith believers in science,they deserve sarcasm and whatever else goes with it.

Last edited by lifertexan; 04-29-2010 at 09:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality