Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:32 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Please tell me your joking or give us physical evidence of this from a third party source not influenced by religion.
You jest. surely. I have given links.
Christopher Dunn is not a born again in Christ believer, and you can read his book or watch his lectures.

There are countless non-Christian researchers who believe the data available that tells us the ancients knew how to harness free electric energy from the earth and atmosphere.
You can research for yourself or you can just be an armchair critic who never investigates facts for oneself, and who lives like one in a "just so" world, believing nothing "was" before they came into their being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,914,585 times
Tesla had a lab, lots' of expensive specialized electrical equipment, did endless experiments, and wrote it down (i.e.: scientifically documented...). All of it. He also had a lot of failures, and he found that while microwave power transmission is possible, it's also very wasteful, and tends to (oh-oh...) cook living things that are quite a ways off transmission axis. It was never found to be reliable, else why do you suppose we don't use it now?

Incidentally, I worked as an engineer for a little group even you, YSM, may have heard of in nearby British Columbia: The B.C. HydroElectric & Power Authority. BC Hydro. As rabid a group of power-hungry engineers as ever assembled on this planet. They're doing that macro-damn in China, including power transmission, as it's main engineers, designers and consultants. Part of the fabled NW Power Association, or NaWaPah as it was disparagingly called.

That nutball group once proposed to lay a water tunnel from southeastern BC (top end of the Columbia/Kootenay system) all the way down to California, drive it through a hydroelectric dam at the bottom end, and then use the outlet water for hydrating the greater LA basin.

Now why would they do all that when they could have just easily beamed the power around as you seem to say the Egyptians did? Hmmm?

Answer: non-hard-wire transmission of power is 1) wasteful, 2) limited in how much power can be transmitted, 3) dangerous, and 4) expensive, using very dedicated and intricate equipment that requires computer-controlled machining, specialized castings, etc., none of which was available nor even conceived of by the Egyptians.

The design problems still unmet (5000 years after your magic Egyptians) in high energy microwave power transmission include: safety, expense, design of the transmission and reception devices, interference in inclement weather, effects of snow, rain, etc., power fall-off over distance (exponential with distance).

Not to mention that it's impossible to collect any actual power from the pyramids as that truly loony video suggests! After all, at the very least, they show it aligned with some stars to start the process. Do you know how long a particular star stays aligned with a particular borehole in a fixed pyramid on earth? About 5 seconds, and only for one night a year

(Note: The Earth, not being the center of the entire universe, and also being tilted off axis, and constantly rotating relative to the sun, is constantly revising it's alignment relative to the distant stars. Don't believe me? Check with any published night sky chart. Notice that you first have to determine what the date is to point your telescope out to find a particular star. Oh dang; that "evidence" stuff again? Sheesh....)

Well, so much for that loon-ball concept, huh?

To assume some MAGIC Egyptian power collection system, or to assume they were flying around the universe, or communicating with their Gods or generating power from the magnetic field with a tone pyramid, or transmitting it wherever with no problems is all, let me re-stated that word ALL, happy delusionism. BTW, a piezo-quartz charge generator requires that you compress the crystal, and it even then only provides a micro-voltage potential, NOT current flow of any substance.

Just because some later scientist has invented something certainly does not mean that some ancient "also mustah had it!". Did they also have lasers? Masers? Ion-pulse rocket engines? GPS? Everything we now or ever will have, plus more, so much more?

You kid yourself. It's taken at least >180 years of dedicated scientific research, each experiment thoroughly documented and published so that subsequent generations can build on past discoveries, and not have to relearn all the same errors and failures. That's how it works, YSM. And not only that, when you THINK about it, it's eminently LOGICAL!

Wow. What a concept, huh?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,914,585 times
Cool Dah Debil Made Me Doooh It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Noah made lights for the Ark, a cubit long, which lit the Ark like the noonday, for the year spent on the ark.
Actually, YSM. your very bible says it was 18 months. That's 1.5 years. Just a comment on the general accuracy of your commentary.

So then, when Campbell34's revered Chinese theme-park "expeditionary team" does make it to the top of Ararat, and "discovers" the complete, undamaged innards of an unbroken Ark (though his original contention last year was that it was in two or three pieces), we'll find a lighting system, huh? But... how again did Noah collect this phantom power out of the air? And how did he store it? In oaken barrels using diluted camel urine as an electrolyte? Did he have copper, silver, nickel, etc., and wire-making equipment? Or did he just "simply" micro-wave beam it around the ship.

"Nononoo! Don't walk in front of thaa.... oh shoot. Another microwaved antelope. Well, at least we'll have more deep-fried meat tonight, huh guys? Sadly, that species is no longer; we killed another female out of the 2 X 2 pairs! I told God we needed at least 50 of each, but nnonooooooo...."

Quote:
You haven't read about the ancient knowledge of electricity, transferred to lamps without wires? -even the historians of ancient Greece knew about that.
No, I haven't. I've read or heard of pure speculation, absent any "found" devices or proof of endless, wave-powered lights. You'd think that would be #1 in science books, or at least in the bible, or in museums. But nope. Nada. Zippy-doo. Evil science has managed to completely hide such devices. Why again? Oh yeah; we're EVIL....

Wah-hah-haaahhhhhhh.....

Quote:
You jest. surely. I have given links.
Christopher Dunn is not a born again in Christ believer, and you can read his book or watch his lectures.

There are countless non-Christian researchers who believe the data available that tells us the ancients knew how to harness free electric energy from the earth and atmosphere.

You can research for yourself or you can just be an armchair critic who never investigates facts for oneself, and who lives like one in a "just so" world, believing nothing "was" before they came into their being.
Or, we can do the research, read the web like you selectively do, and learn from scientifically documented studies. You simply denounce any scientific research that you don't like, but I'll also bet you have taken antibiotics at least once in your life, or wear eyeglasses, or drive a car, or watch a TV or use a computer or have been in a jet plane.

So, that's all good, but when they objectively investigate some implausible Christian claim about magic, and find it impossible or illogical, then and only then, they're strangely afflicted with some bias?

Yep. Now that's believable.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:38 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,925 times
Jeesh Rifleman,YSM has already explained in numerous posts that the earth 'is' in fact the 'center of the universe',isnt on an axis,doesnt rotate but rather everything else in the universe rotates around it while it just sits there,fixed in place.It clearly says so in the Book of Jasher so it 'must' be true.

She has the Book of Jasher and Enoch and all you have on your side are science books,star charts,scientific studies,gps,satellite photos,education,common sense,every nursery school,kindergarten,elementary,high school,college,etc in the universe on your side

Im really struggling to decide which one of you is right........really I am

I have to give YSM credit though......she never wavers in her beliefs.....regardless of how big the mountain of evidence is against her positions.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:57 PM

113 posts, read 175,205 times
Just skimming this entire thread, I'm pretty amazed that so many of you guys, with logic on your side and all those facts, are still debating this one with some people who are probably trolling you along.

That would show you to be kind of gullible on a social communication scale. And also they get to laugh at you for wasting your time. After all, no one could be quite as dumb as this OP suggests Not even us women!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:37 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
You haven't read about the ancient knowledge of electricity, transferred to lamps without wires? -even the historians of ancient Greece knew about that.
Did they? My understanding is that, if it didn't burn, it didn't give light. Can you give an example of an ancient greek lamp that looks electrically powered rather than by oil?

Quote:
"American Chronicle | The Mystery of Ever-Burning Lamps
Quote:
Now the House of Solomon the King was illuminated as by day, for in his wisdom he had made shining pearls which were like unto the sun, the moon and the stars in the roof of his house." (From: "The Queen of Sheba and Her Only Son Menyelek")
During the Middle Ages a number of ever-burning lamps were discovered in ancient tombs and temples.
This is an old coptic text. And I think your imagination is running riot in translating pearls into lightbulbs.

In a way, this is rather tlike the Dinosaurs in the Bible argument. The 'proof' is adduced by interpreting a text that looks rather metaphorically poetic to mean something that will fit the favoured theory. Yet there is absolutely nothing to back it up. No organic remains of Behemoths or leviathans in context with human remains and no sign of lamps powered by wire - free electricity derived apparently from chunks of granite.

If this could be done quite in Solomon's palace, why was it neccessary to construct a pyramid with a 100 yard long aperture aimed at the stars in order to get the power? Why do we find exclusively oil -fired lamps in archaology? This electricity was perhaps a secret only for the favoured few?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:53 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
Just skimming this entire thread, I'm pretty amazed that so many of you guys, with logic on your side and all those facts, are still debating this one with some people who are probably trolling you along.

That would show you to be kind of gullible on a social communication scale. And also they get to laugh at you for wasting your time. After all, no one could be quite as dumb as this OP suggests Not even us women!
I have to give you that. There comes a time when we wonder why we even bother to argue with the cultists, Creationists and ancient technology buffs. One reason is that we get trapped. If one does not respond, then the erbot has made an unanswered claim. They have got away with it. If one replies, then there is the trotting out of Hapgood, MacDowell or Von Daniken and one has to repond or tacitly concede the point.

Another reason is that we have Faith. We have Faith that even the worst Loon must surely see when there is no real support for a theory. Even if the poster simply tape - loops and ignores all the argument posted and just goes back to restating the claim, we have to have Faith that others will see how poor the argument really is.

That applies not only to the ancient technological artefacts argument, but Antediluvian civilisations, Creationism in general and, indeed the Gospels.

If it seen that the questioners have the better arguments but those are ignored on Faith, it can also be seen in the same arguments of those who ignore disproof of Bible prophecy, Demolition of Daniel, Negation of the nativity and Rubbishing of the resurrection. Not to mention the easily and often done disproof of the claims for evidence of the Historicity of Jesus.

It has to be done. I need hardly point out how Von Daniken's Gods from outer space theory caught the public imagination and we are still struggling with the aftermath of that plus Cayce's Sunken Atlantean cities and Pyramydiotology. The influence of Creationist nonscience needs hardly to to be pointed up.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Tesla had a lab, lots' of expensive specialized electrical equipment, did endless experiments, and wrote it down (i.e.: scientifically documented...). All of it. He also had a lot of failures,
What were his failures?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 PM

The old things are being rediscovered, again.
Ecc 1:10 Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Electricity Collected from the Air Could Become the Newest Alternative Energy Source
Environmental Resource Center ^ | 8/30/2010
Quote:
Imagine devices that capture electricity from the air—much like solar cells capture sunlight—and using them to light a house or recharge an electric car. Imagine using similar panels on the rooftops of buildings to prevent lightning before it forms. Strange as it may sound, scientists already are in the early stages of developing such devices,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality