Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2022, 12:52 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,033,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubman2022 View Post
You don't even make sense here Kim. Everything ok there in De Santosland?
I have proof he is stalking because I have dropped in witnesses to what's happening here. It's his landlords that are impossible to deal with--- sadly.
Sure, everything is just sunny here… can you say the same about the personal hell you created for yourself? (For the record, I haven’t lived in Florida for years)

I don’t make sense!? Did you even read anything that you’ve written in this thread? That’s what makes no sense.

You dropped in witnesses?? What does that even mean?? So big deal one of your loony friends heard what you heard… doesn’t prove a thing. Unless you had the cops search his house and find those hidden cameras and those hidden piece of electronics you swear up and down he has… I don’t wanna hear about proof.

You’re the one harassing your neighbor and gloating about it…. His landlord is impossible to work with because his tenant isn’t doing anything wrong

Enjoy your personal hell… And I will enjoy my paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 10:01 AM

10 posts, read 7,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Get out, now!
Finally !!! I’ve been searching for answers for the last 3 years because it’s been going on this long !! At first I thought I’m insane but, it’s every single time I pleasure myself, I’m not loud when I do it. It’s like the second I start I hear the knocking above me. So I move into my couch across the room, footsteps follow then knock. I can walk all over my apartment, any room I’m in they are above me! And I know my neighbors. They are Russian.. he is a contractor. I know he knows the entire layout of my house because he’s done work on the apartment building. Him and his wife lived here over 5 years. Sometimes I feel like he has a camera on me and is messing with my head. Everytime I’m naked or getting changed I hear banging right above the exact spot I’m standing in… it’s really exhausting knowing my life isn’t private .. it’s scary. I only told my mom about this because to others I sound insane or it’s all in my head. When I have my bf over, it’s quite.not one sound from above !!!! The second he leaves , knock. I did try and discuss with him but I got in crazy. Now I found you guys and Im honestly real scared !!!!

Old 04-23-2022, 10:33 AM

2,669 posts, read 1,190,542 times
Neighbors can be real screwballs and most of the time the things we hear are obvious yet sometimes not. Sometimes the sounds are the HVAC or a refrigerator.

I had a man living below me who told me he was happy for me that I have someone living with me. I was stunned at first and told him well that's nice but it is no one's business if I am living with anyone. He was pest to me all the time. I tried being nice but it only made him think he could keep coming up to my unit all the time. I found out he was complaining that I was doing construction and banging all day long. Well he obviously never went to the hall way outside the unit above me to find out if it was them making all that pounding while I was not home. Yep he never thought to check and see if my car was anywhere around. Anyway after a while I realized why he though I had someone with me. It was my using both bathrooms. I have a two bath condo and he assumed the other bathroom toilet and shower was being used but another person. Yes people really do go around trying to listen to what the neighbors are doing.
He passed away so he can't torment me anymore and the people above me got so sick of him coming to them they put their condo up for sale but he passed when the deal was already made to sell so they are gone now.

The new people above me are so stupid they turned off the heat and when we got a few days of spring like weather the dopes never checked to see if they cracked the pipes when it was to cold outside to turn the heat off. I got the flood into my unit from their pipes. They were even stupid enough to turn off the heater in the boiler room on the balcony. Then told me "we don't have to worry about anything since we don't live there" nothing can go wrong when we turn everything off. I was furious! unfortunately my Insurance has to pay for the damages not his. Proving his stupidity is very hard to do. I am constantly looking around in my condo to be sure this idiot doesn't do anything stupid like that again. He had absolutely no thought process that he is in a community now not a single family detached home.

I also had a neighbor who would always try to open my door. He always turned my door knob to get in. He wouldn't leave me alone either I couldn't go anywhere without him rushing out to see me and he was married. I finally realized I have to close my door real slow so as not to make any sound of a closing door that way he didn't know when I was in the hallway to go outside. There were other stupid things he and his wife would ask from everyone not just me. I finally had to tell the Maintenance Assoc. to tell them stop asking people to share the cable with them. He passed away and his wife is almost always with relatives. Waste of money to have an empty condo.

Then going to about a year or two later of peace at least from neighbors. A man kept showing up everytime I came home from shopping. I would keyfob into the lobby with my grocery cart in tow. As soon as I beeped the keyfob that same man would show up and always after I was in the middle of being into the lobby as he acted like he was helping me. One day I looked around to see if he was there in the parking garage or anywhere around at all, nope he wasn't. I do what everyone does go into the lobby to get into the building. When all of a sudden I saw a shoulder and what looked like a quick flash of a person then the back of their head. I figured someone is just using the stairs to get out instead of the elevator. Well it's him again now this time I am aware that he has been hiding in the hallway/stairwell. Now I'm a little freaked that he always showed up out of nowhere. He went into the elevator with a big smile and said are you coming? I couldn't think straight since I realized he is a bit of a freak hiding in the stairwell like that. So I didn't think to say something like I'm leaving to get my mail I thought he might have said I will wait. I should have said that but instead I said "you aren't' wearing a mask and I don't want to get in the elevator" He drops his head down turning sideways and calls me an idiot. The insult was uncalled for, he had no clue I had just heard about someone who got covid and died from it. He lurks around hiding in the common area emergency stairwell and I'm the idiot. I don't consider that to be normal behavior and I wonder how many times a day does this man hide in there and show up just when a women opened the door and are halfway into the lobby.

I really don't want to live here anymore. Although I consider most of my neighbors are nice people there are to many strange people living here I keep getting subjected to. I was recently informed of some disgusting things happening in this community that just add to my not feeling that we are all safe here. I am also being told to vote of if the community owners can lease their condo with option to buy. who the hell would want to do that at age 55 or older? and with the experience I have had with the owners I have to consider what is next when the owner moves out and leases with option to buy. What could be the downfall to the other owners. It's not like a single family home.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallytea7 View Post
Finally !!! I’ve been searching for answers for the last 3 years because it’s been going on this long !! At first I thought I’m insane but, it’s every single time I pleasure myself, I’m not loud when I do it. It’s like the second I start I hear the knocking above me. So I move into my couch across the room, footsteps follow then knock. I can walk all over my apartment, any room I’m in they are above me! And I know my neighbors. They are Russian.. he is a contractor. I know he knows the entire layout of my house because he’s done work on the apartment building. Him and his wife lived here over 5 years. Sometimes I feel like he has a camera on me and is messing with my head. Everytime I’m naked or getting changed I hear banging right above the exact spot I’m standing in… it’s really exhausting knowing my life isn’t private .. it’s scary. I only told my mom about this because to others I sound insane or it’s all in my head. When I have my bf over, it’s quite.not one sound from above !!!! The second he leaves , knock. I did try and discuss with him but I got in crazy. Now I found you guys and Im honestly real scared !!!!
You could lookup a store out of your area and check to see about buying any device that will show you where there could be cameras in your apartment, home. Since you said they lived in your apt before you and moved upstairs it's possible that they could have hidden cameras so small you can't find them with the human eye. There are hidden cameras that look like the screws in the wall outlet plates They are impossible to see if they are a camera. Those are easy since they are the electrical outlets. Wifi may not be necessary.

I'm sorry I have not read all the posts here, to long. When you have sex with your BF does that knock happen? I bet it doesn't because then your BF is a witness. Maybe they want you to move out and are doing this to make you fearful enough to move. So take that hint and get the hell out before you lose your mind or something worse happens to you. Please get a realtor and find a place to live in or try to rent with option to buy. Get a loan and buy your own home. Something anything just get out if you can't prove there are cameras or tiny holes they can be watching you through.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I think this thread pops up high in Google which is why we get so many solo posters. I have also noticed there is no resolution ever and rarely any follow up posts.
Well I'm not that new here anymore and I shared some weird, annoying things about my neighbors. There can be some real screwballs out there. But at least I haven't been violated, thankfully. I try to limit most of my chatting to just that chatting then keep going. I did make a friend I rarely see but when she needs help I will help her and do the best I can to help out.

If it didn't snow here I would gladly sell this place and get a small house of my own. But that brings problems with finding contractors, landscapers, etc etc. So I have to put up and try to stay to myself now.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:37 AM

I’ve been dealing with my upstairs neighbors doing the same thing … it’s usually whenever I’m naked, changing, taking a bath… I hear a bang or they drop something directly above me. Also every single time I pleasure myself they stomp above me. It’s not even like there walking around and being noisy because the apartment complex is built poorly. I can hear them sneeze, there toilet flush. So I know when there walking around, I know the difference. I moved my bed into a different area… now I still hear them above me at night. They moved there bed to ? I’m at the point where I feel more violated and scared or concerned. I know I have no proof of them doing this so how In the world do I confront them? They are a Russian couple. He is a contractor, he knows the layout of my apartment, he’s done work on the entire house even before I lived here. I tell my mom about this, I tried telling my bf , because when he’s over they are silent upstairs !!! Second he leaves my house like the sec he steps outside , bang.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
You could lookup a store out of your area and check to see about buying any device that will show you where there could be cameras in your apartment, home. Since you said they lived in your apt before you and moved upstairs it's possible that they could have hidden cameras so small you can't find them with the human eye. There are hidden cameras that look like the screws in the wall outlet plates They are impossible to see if they are a camera. Those are easy since they are the electrical outlets. Wifi may not be necessary.

I'm sorry I have not read all the posts here, to long. When you have sex with your BF does that knock happen? I bet it doesn't because then your BF is a witness. Maybe they want you to move out and are doing this to make you fearful enough to move. So take that hint and get the hell out before you lose your mind or something worse happens to you. Please get a realtor and find a place to live in or try to rent with option to buy. Get a loan and buy your own home. Something anything just get out if you can't prove there are cameras or tiny holes they can be watching you through.
Whenever my bf is over, and when we have sex, nothing at all. It’s complete silence upstairs? I don’t even hear them walking around, and I can hear them sneeze! Every footprint I hear.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:42 AM

I need to be able to prove it … I’ve been keeping notes and documenting every time it happens. I think I slipped up because I made a phone call to my mom today and I spoke outside on my back porch and told her more of what was going on.. since then it’s been quite upstairs. Now all the noises are coming from the kitchen, which is there kitchen to. Banging and knocking all day only in that room .. like there trying to make it seem like it’s normal behavior.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsyth220001 View Post
A month since the last post hmm? sigh. i've been through like 30 ish pages of this thread, an I can tell you.....it's VERY real. I have the same problem myself. and im a big black dude....

I have two dead beat ass neighbors, a bigass mexicanish/mixed woman and her skinny weedy meth head ass boyfriend. they both not only walk very HEAVILY on purpose, they, are SO....WEIRD. sigh, it all started last feb. I moved into my apartment, desperately to get away from not only being homeless, but family members, i needed my own space. I worked at the cities second biggest hospital, doing the floors. they would fight, and argue WELL into the AM, every night, even knocking items off my walls.

the very next month, i almost died of a kidney infection. at one point, i took a broom, and poked the ceiling about 3 am once during a bad fight. the bigass woman starts stomping on the floor, and her man comes down and timidly ask me (why i answered at 3:30 am i don;t know...) "could you please not knock on the floor?" im like, i have work at 5:30 a.m. in two hours dude..... i then filed MULTIPLE noise complaints.

you see, i wear headphones all day, i don't really MAKE noise except cooking or bathing, every once in a while singing a LITTLE. ANYWAY, ever since those noise complaints, they will LEGIT follow me around the apartment, dropping items that would weigh, eh, 30-ish lbs. follow me to the restroom. follow me to the bedroom and stay in there, even when im just like ****, imma go lay on the bed and read on my phone. they are ALWAYS there. i now turn the shower on when the follow me to the bathroom. and tune them out otherwise, or TRY.

i have a bed in my room, and an air mattress in my living room (i was basically homeless moving in.), my PC is in my living room in FRONT of the air matress, so i can chill, and game/read/ whateva. a great example, is for example, the INSTANT i got out of bed this morning, they dropped a very heavy object right over my head. and they do it all the time...... they shuffle items around constantly to the point, i THOUGHT they manufacture meth, or crack at some point..... it's that loud, for no reason. like they don't ****ing sit down AT ALL or something.

But, the following me from room to room thing? it get's old......it REALLY does. i just checked and plugged ANY holes in my ceiling, and am going to check around today a bit more, i just don't UNDERSTAND anymore. they don't work, they DON'T SHOWER, they NEVER COOK, the guy acts like he has turrets, he usually screams or loudly declares what he wants to say, and, it's been complete TORTURE living under these psycho ass fools, and im being DEAD ****ing serious.

So....not everyone is crazy y'all, i truly DO believe quite a few of these accounts, some are wacky as hell, but others, sound just like me. Bored, weird, MALICIOUS people who can and will listen and follow you around your apartment, dropping things and stomping and stuff to just antagonize you for no reason. it's VERY real.

Anytime i see them, they act all dumbstruck, like a deer in the headlights, spaced out, while im just like "hey", or "hello". But, again, im a big black man, who is too nice for his own good, but if it's time for me to act like i USED to, and actually truly make them understand, im NOT ****ing playing anymore, ya better STOP? i may have to.......im tired of them following me around the apartment.......

-Deathsyth22000 "Pookie"
here to say you aren’t crazy because I’ve been scaling all these pages to try and find people I relate to !!! It’s honestly making me more angry than worried right now! This is my home, I pay to feel safe here and I have people literally making me feel uncomfortable, in my own home…. I feel for you friend. I wish I could say my neighbors were crazy or I thought they were cooking meth !! But all I know, they are Russian, the husband is a contractor … knows the entire layout of the building , he told me he’s done work on my building. His wife is a nurse I believe ? Anyway. 2 normal people I think …. Now our building was poorly made, thin walls, I can hear them sneeze, I hear their toilet flush. I live in a studio, basically im in there basement.. so I can hear where they are at all times usually. whenever I pleasure myself, bang above my head. Whenever im changing, going the bathroom or showering, they drop something directly above me or stomp. It’s never close to me, always right above me! When my boyfriend comes over, it’s silent!! Not even footsteps walking around like I always hear … he thinks im insane. I only tell my mom about this, I don’t even think she really believes it. I had her stay here once while I went out to watch my dog, my jeep was not outside and she called me at 1am and said someone is knocking on your door. I FLEW home!!!! Why was someone knocking? To see if my dog was inside??? ( he didn’t bark) this is been going on 2 years … I lived here about 4.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanterrell2019 View Post
Is this really true? I lived on the top floor as a child but could never hear the neighbors below us moving from room to room. I mean, unless you are lying prone on the floor how would you be able to hear them moving from room to room?
So angered to see it’s been going on elsewhere but also I’m not alone here …. Whenever I change, take a bath, pleasure myself, they knock or stomp directly above my head. When my bf is over they are quite as heck upstairs !!! I hear there every movement, the sec he leaves they knock. I’m so tired of it honestly, I don’t want them to literally make me move, I’m happy here this is my home! I started doing protection spells …
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting