Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:18 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTIGER55 View Post
just recieved a three day notice to pay all that is owed or to leave how long do i really have to pack and get out? there is no lease or any written agreemant at all house belongs to a friend of a friend.
If you fail to either pay what's owed or move out then you'll be facing legal eviction. The absence of a lease puts you legally on a month to month basis. Having a legal eviction on your record may make it very hard to be considered as a rental applicant in the future and will also reflect negatively on your credit rating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 01:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTIGER55 View Post
just recieved a three day notice to pay all that is owed or to leave how long do i really have to pack and get out? there is no lease or any written agreemant at all house belongs to a friend of a friend.
The landlord can begin eviction proceedings after the expiration of the third day. How long that takes depends on whether you contest it and how busy your court docket is.

A general rule of thumb is 2-4 weeks for uncontested evictions. Contested evictions can take anywhere from 6 weeks to up to a year depending on the complexity of the situation and the merits of defenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If you fail to either pay what's owed or move out then you'll be facing legal eviction. The absence of a lease puts you legally on a month to month basis. Having a legal eviction on your record may make it very hard to be considered as a rental applicant in the future and will also reflect negatively on your credit rating.
Wrong.

Only monetary judgments can show up on the public records section of a credit report.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Wrong.

Only monetary judgments can show up on the public records section of a credit report.
How "wrong" esteemed counselor? Surely if an eviction is based on rent owed and the judgment reflects that then this will eventually show up on one's credit report?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How "wrong" esteemed counselor? Surely if an eviction is based on rent owed and the judgment reflects that then this will eventually show up on one's credit report?
That's basically what I just told you.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,388 times
I can't figure out how to post questions so I'm curious being served a 3 day notice the day before their 30 Days is up, does the tenant have the 3extra day to move out or do they have to move out the end of the 30 Days?

Old 01-23-2014, 11:56 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda92msk View Post
I can't figure out how to post questions so I'm curious being served a 3 day notice the day before their 30 Days is up, does the tenant have the 3extra day to move out or do they have to move out the end of the 30 Days?
Go to the Renting forum and click on the button on the top left that is labled "New Thread".

Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda92msk View Post
The LL probably just wants to be sure you really move on the 30th day. Just move and you won't have any problems.

If you stay past the 30th day, you will owe additional rent. Also, the LL could tell future prospective LLs that you were a holdover tenant (that you stayed past when you were supposed to move out). If you aren't out by that 3rd day, you will likely get an unlawful detainer filed against you, which would show up on eviction reports for future landlords, which means they won't likely rent to you.

So, just move by day 30, and all will be well.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
THREE DAYS...there, was that hard? No? good. Now get the money together or get the hell out.
Honestly, you have a serious issue. Are you trolling forums just to patronize people or have you, ACTUALLY, been helpful to anyone? In the case of rental/lease issues... sometimes you cannot go by what has been written in black & white... different cities/states, different definitions, different legalities apply. So, unless, you wrote law in the area of leasing properties - better to say nothing at all and leave the space for people who have actual information/answers.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knash68 View Post
Honestly, you have a serious issue.
With all due respect, the more serious issue seems to me to be why a new poster would take the time to sign in and drag up a post from over a year ago to complain about

Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,033 times
UI just rented a place with 2 other roommates. We agreed everything would be spilt including the deposit n rent to get the place. Well, I wounded up paying both my self without any help frm the roommates. Neither of them helped with physically moving anything. Once we got moved in, they both changed. One started an argument with me threatening to call the police on my 2 & 5 yr olds with a bogus story about sexual abuse. Then they tell me to move out. All of our names are on the lease. I served them with a 3 day notice to vacate because I want my money and I want them gone. They do not have enough income to get this place without me. I work fulltime and have the required income to have the place. Can I have them taken off the lease or what is my next step after the 3 day notice to vacate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting