Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 02:11 PM

36 posts, read 235,320 times

Advertisements

Loveboating you are a Hypocrite for calling me hateful when your the one constantly complaining to your Landlord hoping that these families would get Evicted. You cant tell me otherwise. I know you're not dumb enough to think that your peace and quiet was gonna return while those kids were living above you. You were trying to get these families evicted. Since the Apartments couldnt do anything about it you had no choice but to move. Shame on you, you wanted these people out on the street with their kids just so your precious peace and quiet can be protected. Your hateful and Selfish!! Im glad these Laws are in place, to protect families with children from spiteful, hateful and miserable people like you who cant stand kids.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
During "quiet times"? My time to sleep is usually between 8 a.m. and 2 or 3 p.m. But people are outside blasting their car stereos. I don't know why they feel the need to do so at ANY time of the day, but I have no right to make them turn it down.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWCar View Post
It is against the law to discriminate and to segregate children in a seperate area. And who do you think you are? Being noisy is part of being a kid and essential to their development and well being, Im pretty sure you werent a quiet kid. Supressing a child is a bigger crime than your peace being disturbed. Live in the mountains if you dont want to be bothered. I am more worried about my child growing up to be normal and happy than your desire for peace and quiet.
I was a quiet kid though. I'd rather read a book than run or play sports. I learned chess, checkers, backgammon. Any games that didn't require a lot of dexterity or speed, I could play. Things like musical chairs, no way.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I was a quiet kid though. I'd rather read a book than run or play sports. I learned chess, checkers, backgammon. Any games that didn't require a lot of dexterity or speed, I could play. Things like musical chairs, no way.
All kids are different, some kids are quiet and some kids are not. My brothers sons are the complete opposite of each other. His oldest son is quiet and easy to manage but the youngest is active and all over the place and getting into everything. These are brothers and they are completely different. Imagine if you have 2 active ones. No matter how quiet a kid is, but when you put 2 or more kids together they will liven up. Could you have been an only child or your siblings were much older or younger than you?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:40 PM

My siblings were three years away from me (each direction). We didn't really interact with each other, they preferred kids their own ages...and I didn't have friends.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Noisy neighbors make me psychotic.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWCar View Post
Loveboating you are a Hypocrite for calling me hateful when your the one constantly complaining to your Landlord hoping that these families would get Evicted. You cant tell me otherwise. I know you're not dumb enough to think that your peace and quiet was gonna return while those kids were living above you. You were trying to get these families evicted. Since the Apartments couldnt do anything about it you had no choice but to move. Shame on you, you wanted these people out on the street with their kids just so your precious peace and quiet can be protected. Your hateful and Selfish!! Im glad these Laws are in place, to protect families with children from spiteful, hateful and miserable people like you who cant stand kids.
I lived below such a gang in Coral Gables. They had anvils strapped to their feet. They were disgusting. The TV was so loud that my ceiling vibrated. I moved. It was the happiest day of my life, and I almost left a pack of condoms by their doorstep.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I lived below such a gang in Coral Gables. They had anvils strapped to their feet. They were disgusting. The TV was so loud that my ceiling vibrated. I moved. It was the happiest day of my life, and I almost left a pack of condoms by their doorstep.
Good for you. Like I said you deal with it or move out.

Quote:
...and I almost left a pack of condoms by their doorstep.
For you to make that comment just makes you sound like a very ignorant and hateful person.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:48 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
There's a difference between not being able to stand kids and not wanting to have them running around screaming and stomping upstairs from you (whether it's an apartment upstairs or the upstairs of your own house, come to that).

My children got plenty of exercise (soccer, horseback riding, when they were younger playing at the park and outside). They also learned, early on, what behavior was appropriate when and where, they learned not to run and rough house in the house (not good for their mother's sanity, never mind the neighbors', or for the house and furnishings, come to that), and to respect the fact that other people lived in the world with them and should be considered Teaching that is called parenting, and it is essential to their well-being as they grow up and go out in the world and will be dealing with other people who won't care how adorable their Mom thinks they are (and I thought mine were pretty darned adorable). They grew up and developed just fine, better than most, in fact.

Children that are taught, on the other hand, that the world does, and should, revolve around them and that they should get to do whatever their little hearts desire at all times with no regard for the consequences to others are being handicapped as adults by their parents.

The Fair Housing Act does, indeed, forbid discrimination on the basis of seven protected classes, including familial. However, if all tenants are required to refrain from disturbing other tenants with excessive noise, then someone whose children are excessively loud could be held to the same standard, as long as it is enforced across the board. They can't be evicted for having children; however, if they destroy the property, if they are so loud as to cause other tenants to complain/move, if they do not pay their rent, if they violate any of the other terms of their lease, they are subject to the same consequences as any other tenant who does the same.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
There's a difference between not being able to stand kids and not wanting to have them running around screaming and stomping upstairs from you (whether it's an apartment upstairs or the upstairs of your own house, come to that).

My children got plenty of exercise (soccer, horseback riding, when they were younger playing at the park and outside). They also learned, early on, what behavior was appropriate when and where, they learned not to run and rough house in the house (not good for their mother's sanity, never mind the neighbors', or for the house and furnishings, come to that), and to respect the fact that other people lived in the world with them and should be considered Teaching that is called parenting, and it is essential to their well-being as they grow up and go out in the world and will be dealing with other people who won't care how adorable their Mom thinks they are (and I thought mine were pretty darned adorable). They grew up and developed just fine, better than most, in fact.

Children that are taught, on the other hand, that the world does, and should, revolve around them and that they should get to do whatever their little hearts desire at all times with no regard for the consequences to others are being handicapped as adults by their parents.

The Fair Housing Act does, indeed, forbid discrimination on the basis of seven protected classes, including familial. However, if all tenants are required to refrain from disturbing other tenants with excessive noise, then someone whose children are excessively loud could be held to the same standard, as long as it is enforced across the board. They can't be evicted for having children; however, if they destroy the property, if they are so loud as to cause other tenants to complain/move, if they do not pay their rent, if they violate any of the other terms of their lease, they are subject to the same consequences as any other tenant who does the same.
Agreed. I spent the first 12 years of my life in a higher rise apartment building in Germany and my mom ALWAYS enforced the inside voice rule. Me and my sister were not allowed to run indoors (in our apartment, grocery stores, other peoples homes etc as well) and we turned out perfectly fine. When we moved over to the US, my parents lived in an apartment for less than a year before they moved to a single family home. One of the main reasons for this was that other people were selfish and didn't teach their children properly to be quiet indoors. Ever since then, we've lived in single family homes because I'm afraid that I would spend far too much time and energy getting 'revenge' on overly loud neighbors.

Parents with out of control children are just as bad as the person blasting their stereo at 3 am, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting