Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:50 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
... Let me explain how your world works. ...
Thanks for this explanation. The closest I had come to having a world-wide view of economics was to read Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine". This provides more context for it.

Quote:
...All Capital is subject to the Laws of Physics ...
No, it isn't. Capitol is not analgous to matter. It's subject to the Laws of Economics (if there is any such concept). If it were subject to the Laws of Physics we'd already have good physics-based models that would do a pretty good job of predicting how the economy behaves.

Quote:
... When BRICS goes into a country, BRICS does not rape and rob the country of its Capital.

BRICS assumes a fair share -- 50%-60% -- and the balance -- 40%-50% -- remains in-country, where it is used to expand the infrastructure and to raise the Standard of Living for the peoples there. BRICS even re-invests a small percentage of fair share back into the country.
Can you suggest a source for learning about this? A quick google tells me about BRIC (and it's various different 'flavors') but nothing that describes how they actually do what they do.

In general, your economic arguments sound quite Malthusian. Things may very well play out as you describe. But they also may very well take an unexpected turn. I won't be around to find out, one way or other, but I do have family members in younger generations and I want things to turn out OK for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 03:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Thanks for this explanation. The closest I had come to having a world-wide view of economics was to read Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine". This provides more context for it.

No, it isn't. Capitol is not analgous to matter. It's subject to the Laws of Economics (if there is any such concept). If it were subject to the Laws of Physics we'd already have good physics-based models that would do a pretty good job of predicting how the economy behaves.

Can you suggest a source for learning about this? A quick google tells me about BRIC (and it's various different 'flavors') but nothing that describes how they actually do what they do.

In general, your economic arguments sound quite Malthusian. Things may very well play out as you describe. But they also may very well take an unexpected turn. I won't be around to find out, one way or other, but I do have family members in younger generations and I want things to turn out OK for them.
Just read global news.

"US invades their next country"
And then "China signs trade deal with African nation"

We go in with guns while they go in with trade agreements.
We have this need to control their government and put our puppets in charge while they don't care about a country's politics and just want to do trade deals.

We fought that war in Iraq. And when it was all over here comes China signing deals with the new Iraq government we put in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement