Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 12:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
at my wife's church there are many women over 60 with hair that looks like cotton candy. Short and puffy and orangey peach, lemon yellow, light purple, bright carrot orange, and pink.
They are not members of punk rock bands.
Are you sure about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocokitty View Post
I love long hair on women of all ages and totally disagree that long hair makes one look worn out - have you checked out Melissa55's videos? She's a grandmother in her 60s and still has beautiful long hair:

https://www.youtube.com/user/volmel55/videos
If my hair looked like hers, mine would be long too!

Old 10-21-2015, 01:03 PM

242 posts, read 231,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw another one today. A lady about my age that cut most of her hair off. It was no more than an inch long all over her head. I don't get it? IMHO, it certainly doesn't make them more attractive. Yet I see women who do this who obviously do other things and spend money to make themselves look better, but then cut their hair mostly off. I didn't think hair was that big a maint. thing. Maybe the ladies can explain?

Quite a stir over hair! I am 60 and have hair that looks in my 30's. I spend 3+ hours in the salon and in excess of $110.00 each time I go every 4-5 weeks. Vanity, I suppose. I still want to look attractive for my husband, who says he likes my hair. He wears a hair system and spends close to what I spend each month on that. We try to stay fit and attractive for each other. I must admit, however, that it takes 1 hour each time to wash, dry, and straighten it so that it looks really good. I did this even when I was working full time. Because of this, I only washed it twice a week. Many women cannot be bothered doing this. Sometimes I've looked at a colleagues with short, cute cuts and wondered what it would be like to have one that could be washed daily, dried in five minutes and out you go. So easy, so quick. Does a man want his wife/woman to be in the bathroom for an hour getting ready or ready on a dime? There are perks to both. Another thing happens when you get older, your gray hair gets this weird coarse quality to it...it gets wiry and a frizzy texture. When it gets long it looks like Phyllis Diller! I have to use special products that cost a lot and then use that hair straightener to smooth it out One of these days.........

Old 10-21-2015, 01:12 PM

Hair is hair. And long short or inbetween, it doesn't define who I am. But this thread has been fun to read!

Old 10-21-2015, 01:20 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,629,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw another one today. A lady about my age that cut most of her hair off. It was no more than an inch long all over her head. I don't get it? IMHO, it certainly doesn't make them more attractive. Yet I see women who do this who obviously do other things and spend money to make themselves look better, but then cut their hair mostly off. I didn't think hair was that big a maint. thing. Maybe the ladies can explain?
Because she doesn't give a rat's behind what you think!

Seriously, what do you care? It's not your hair so why are you worried? Have you nothing going on in your life that keeps you busy? If you have so much free time, please feel free to stop by my house! I have things that will keep you busy.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocokitty View Post
I love long hair on women of all ages and totally disagree that long hair makes one look worn out - have you checked out Melissa55's videos? She's a grandmother in her 60s and still has beautiful long hair:

https://www.youtube.com/user/volmel55/videos
My hair never looked like that - never could, never would and never will.

Nice if you've got it but most people don't over 50.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:34 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,370,302 times
Why do women (not all of them) feel a need to denigrate other women to make themselves feel better?

Chances are the woman with the manish do wouldn't much care for your long locks.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:36 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
at my wife's church there are many women over 60 with hair that looks like cotton candy. Short and puffy and orangey peach, lemon yellow, light purple, bright carrot orange, and pink.
They are not members of punk rock bands.
I've seen this occasionally with an older woman who was going for auburn and ended up with orange or perhaps a blue rinse leave sit looking more lavender than pure white. But pink, peach, etc. what's up with that?

What part of the country do women do this?

Old 10-21-2015, 02:21 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've seen this occasionally with an older woman who was going for auburn and ended up with orange or perhaps a blue rinse leave sit looking more lavender than pure white. But pink, peach, etc. what's up with that?

What part of the country do women do this?
Probably people who could never have fun with their hair when they were working and now can let it all hang out. Especially if your hair is brown you can't easily mess with really fun colour without bleaching the ever-loving daylights out of it. But once it goes grey you can play to your heart's content.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Since the OP says this is about them cutting their hair short in their senior year. I was wondering if it is some sort of pre college routine? Perhaps so if they decide to pledge a sorority their freshman year they don't have to worry about it being cut off. They can always let it grow in once they get there to what ever style is in on that campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement