Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 05:18 PM

37 posts, read 32,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Ridiculous. I very much think this is an urban legend myth and CVS Health has never been in any way associated with the Foxy Lady Strip Club. The Foxy Lady probably set up a dba name with the bank credit card processors that was similar to CVS so as to be discrete and fool spouses.
Right. But how come they didn't set it up so it said "Brooks" which was a pharmacy like CVS at the same time that this was happening? "Brooks" is a common last name. So is Macey, and Sears.
So why did they choose to use CVS? Because Brooks, Macey's, Sears, and any other company that had the likeness of their name used for that purpose would have sued them. They used CVS because they knew that CVS would not sue them. Why is that? Was someone at CVS getting a kick back? Why was CVS okay with the fact that a strip club was using their name to deceive spouses?
Very trashy.
CVS should be investigated as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
How did your friend do, after that writeup was waiting to here she won...then hopefully shut it down forever.
She grew up competing in and winning pageants in her home state of Connecticut, and she also grew up competing in a dance troup similar to the one you see on "dance moms"
She had tremendous stage presence and a personality that was full of sparkle and shine.
She looked like a star, and the other girls just looked like strippers.
She won of course.
But she took the money and ran.
The Foxy Lady kept calling her begging her to work their as a dancer but she wasn't into it.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:31 PM

17,669 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teal View Post
Right. But how come they didn't set it up so it said "Brooks" which was a pharmacy like CVS at the same time that this was happening? "Brooks" is a common last name. So is Macey, and Sears.
So why did they choose to use CVS? Because Brooks, Macey's, Sears, and any other company that had the likeness of their name used for that purpose would have sued them. They used CVS because they knew that CVS would not sue them. Why is that? Was someone at CVS getting a kick back? Why was CVS okay with the fact that a strip club was using their name to deceive spouses?
Very trashy.
It's been a really long time since you've been in Providence. Check out what the former Brooks on North Main looks like now:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8531...7i13312!8i6656

Old 02-28-2019, 05:42 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Quote:
Very trashy.

Absolute hogwash.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I meant a picture of the bank statement showing that it says CVS Pharmacy.

Caught in Providence was a show on a local access cable channel for many years. The show wasn't making any money until recently when national stations picked it up for syndication. What seems off? Frank Caprio is too nice to some people?

Not in my experience.

Interesting that you're not from this area but you know about the Foxy Lady. Are you a stripper that hates CVS?

Why on earth would I post a picture of one of my old bank statements on this website?

Maybe there is nothing off about "Caught in Providence."
That's why I am curious about where the money that is being made off the show is going to.
Either way the people of Providence should view it as an embarrassment.
Providence people have a reputation for being trashy and talking like truck drivers.
The show helps it live up to that reputation.
But the thing about that court room situation is that it's not "Judge Judy" or the "People's Court"
Court shows like that people choose to be on.
If someone gets a parking ticket or whatever in Providence and they can't afford to pay they have no choice and are forced to appear before Judge Caprio. So it seems possible that people may be profiting off of the exploitation of poor people in Providence, and that's just wrong.
That's why I am curious as to where the money is going.
Is it all going towards making Providence a better place?
Or is it going in someone's pockets?
Are the people that appear on the show compensated in any way?
Did they sign a release agreeing to be on the show?
Or were they told if they don't appear before the judge that a warrant would be issued for their arrest?
Are they put in a situation where they can either be on the show or go to jail?
Because it appears that could be the case.
If everyone that appears on the show is compensated, gives their consent, and the money made off of it goes to improving the city of Providence, their public school system, etcetera then that's fine.

I went to school in Rhode Island.
How could I not know what the Foxy Lady is?
The radio station I listened to when I was there was constantly advertising "legs and eggs"

I strip my clothes off before I get in the shower. Does that count?
And of course I have disgust for CVS.
It lets a strip club use its name so that husbands can pay girls behind their wive's backs as it looks the other way. They probably viewed it as good advertising since the DJs basically did a CVS commercial every hour.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
It's been a really long time since you've been in Providence. Check out what the former Brooks on North Main looks like now:

I'm sorry that you are having trouble following along.
I said that my Foxy Lady charge showed up as a CVS charge many years ago.
And so I was saying that many years ago, there were also pharmacies called "Brooks"
And those pharmacies called "Brooks" were also around at that time.
And yes it has been a while since I have been to Providence.
Why would anyone want to go there?

Old 02-28-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Absolute hogwash.
Really? So you think that Macey's would look the other way if strip club charges showed up as "Macey's" on people's bank statements? That's funny. Macey's would never allow that.
And Macey's isn't dumb. They know most of their customers are females. They would never put themselves in a situation where women would catch wind of the fact that they were okay with letting a strip club use their name for the purpose of husbands deceiving their wives. It's just bad for business.
Most of CVS's customers are women too.
But no one is claiming that people that work at CVS are highly intelligent people so whatever.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Why on earth would I post a picture of one of my old bank statements on this website?
I guess to prove what you're saying is true. It wouldn't need to show any personal info.

Quote:
Maybe there is nothing off about "Caught in Providence."
That's why I am curious about where the money that is being made off the show is going to.
Either way the people of Providence should view it as an embarrassment.
Providence people have a reputation for being trashy and talking like truck drivers.
The show helps it live up to that reputation.
But the thing about that court room situation is that it's not "Judge Judy" or the "People's Court"
Court shows like that people choose to be on.
If someone gets a parking ticket or whatever in Providence and they can't afford to pay they have no choice and are forced to appear before Judge Caprio. So it seems possible that people may be profiting off of the exploitation of poor people in Providence, and that's just wrong.
That's why I am curious as to where the money is going.
Is it all going towards making Providence a better place?
Or is it going in someone's pockets?
Are the people that appear on the show compensated in any way?
Did they sign a release agreeing to be on the show?
Or were they told if they don't appear before the judge that a warrant would be issued for their arrest?
Are they put in a situation where they can either be on the show or go to jail?
Because it appears that could be the case.
If everyone that appears on the show is compensated, gives their consent, and the money made off of it goes to improving the city of Providence, their public school system, etcetera then that's fine.
All I know is that Frank Caprio wasn't paid anything extra when the show went into national syndication. I'm guessing the people on the show sign a release form. I doubt they are compensated. As for who is making the money, probably whatever company owns the rights to the show. It could be the city of Providence but who knows...

Quote:
I went to school in Rhode Island.
How could I not know what the Foxy Lady is?
The radio station I listened to when I was there was constantly advertising "legs and eggs"
RIC? HJY?

Quote:
I strip my clothes off before I get in the shower. Does that count?
And of course I have disgust for CVS.
It lets a strip club use its name so that husbands can pay girls behind their wive's backs as it looks the other way. They probably viewed it as good advertising since the DJs basically did a CVS commercial every hour.
Again, it's just speculation.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Absolute hogwash.
Really? So you think that Macey's would look the other way if strip club charges showed up as "Macey's" on people's bank statements? That's funny. Macey's would never allow that.
And Macey's isn't dumb. They know most of their customers are females. They would never put themselves in a situation where women would catch wind of the fact that they were okay with letting a strip club use the likeness of their name for the purpose of husbands deceiving their wives. It's just bad for business.

The fact that you think that Macey's etcetera wouldn't put a stop to a situation like that is absolute hogwash.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I'm sorry that you are having trouble following along.
I said that my Foxy Lady charge showed up as a CVS charge many years ago.
And so I was saying that many years ago, there were also pharmacies called "Brooks"
And those pharmacies called "Brooks" were also around at that time.
And yes it has been a while since I have been to Providence.
Why would anyone want to go there?
I'm following along just fine. Just pointing out that your info isn't recent. It's probably been 20+ years since you've been in Providence if you remember Brooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island