Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 07:47 PM

18,016 posts, read 9,390,787 times

Advertisements

massnative, thank you for taking the time to put together those maps.

As expected, the maps show a harsh reality.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:50 PM

23,805 posts, read 18,948,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
One of the best breweries I've ever been to....in any state.

Wouldn't want to be nearby after midnight though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
Not if your intent is to go there, since it isn't open past 9:00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Exactly.

I would not recommend walking home from there at 9:00 PM either, never mind midnight. As a refresher, this discussion stemmed from somebody making the outrageous and reckless claim (happens too often here) that it's safe to walk home from there at night as opposed to using rideshare or a DD. While it's commended those who choose to drink responsibly (I mean I honestly hope the same practice what they preach), that is NOT a pretty neighborhood especially after dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have both shopped at the meat market (though not often) and live a short walk from LL on a beautiful safe street. Sooooo... what do you know. Wrong again.

Another strike against your credibility. Anybody familiar with that area knows that there are no "beautiful safe streets" "a short walk away" from there, unless you consider affluent Wayland Square (3 miles???) to be a "short walk".

Old 09-09-2021, 09:05 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,918,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Another strike against your credibility.

Alright, you are completely wrong - GIVE IT UP.

He has no credibility

Old 09-10-2021, 08:53 PM

4,471 posts, read 3,239,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Who is pulling whose leg?

My comment is accurate.
No it's not. And the immediate landmark is the Cemetery. Everyone knows where that is.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
It should be noted that this poster lives on the East Side and considers everywhere in Providence to be a short walk.

But by any reasonable standard, there aren't any beautiful safe streets within a short walking distance of Long Live.
The Armory neighborhood. Dexter, Harrison, Parade etc are not far away.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Long Live is known throughout the region, never mind Providence. I had NEVER heard of La Gigante Meat Market.
I was under the impression you drove through Providence often. Never notice the Auto Zone or the Cemetery eithet?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Some of our members are essentially saying:

"Hey, don't tell them the stabbing happened not far from our beloved brewery! Be quiet about that. Nobody needs to know that. Just say it happened near an obscure meat market."

Some of our members are just curious why you're on a mission to destroy a successful small business which has never had any problems or incidents

Old 09-11-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Some of our members are just curious why you're on a mission to destroy a successful small business which has never had any problems or incidents
Please refrain from making false statements about other members.

I'm not aware of anyone who has anything negative to say about Long Live Beerworks.

This is a thread about serious violent crimes in the Providence area. The beloved brewery is located in an area where these types of crimes occur on a regular basis.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:11 AM

Being in a rough neighborhood may actually be advantageous. Here is an excerpt of a Yelp review submitted by Riny P from Providence:

Crowd: I prefer it during the week. Weekends it seems like the entire 30-something population of East Greenwich has driven their Lexis SUV into town for their taste of "urban" experience.

If Riny P's comment is correct, an argument could be made that the brewery might be less successful if it were located in a nice area.

Old 09-11-2021, 05:27 PM

23,805 posts, read 18,948,360 times
Quote:
I was under the impression you drove through Providence often. Never notice the Auto Zone or the Cemetery eithet?

An Auto Zone store...now that's a distinct, distinguishable business that would draw people to this rough West End neighborhood from all around.

Quote:

Absolute nonsense. I can't recall ONE time when any poster here has posted anything negative about this business or the product it puts out. All discussion around it has been strictly about the surrounding neighborhood, which unfortunately some of our members have inaccurately represented in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island