Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 06:46 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,189,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Point of reference.

Should the media stop showing footage too? Or even stop reporting locations?
The news already does an excellent job of hyping urban crime; they don't need the extra help. In general, I haven't seen legitimate local media outlets running pictures of random people on the street and speculating if they are criminals.

Quote:
How would you like it if someone was shot on the sidewalk in front of your house, and it was all kept a secret from you?
Thank you for your concern, but if someone were shot in front of my house, I think I would know it before you did. Please tell me then, who was shot here?

Old 04-22-2021, 01:29 PM

23,733 posts, read 18,816,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
The news already does an excellent job of hyping urban crime; they don't need the extra help. In general, I haven't seen legitimate local media outlets running pictures of random people on the street and speculating if they are criminals.

Thank you for your concern, but if someone were shot in front of my house, I think I would know it before you did. Please tell me then, who was shot here?
Dude, your link is to a conversation about a new grocery store. So the answer is nobody.

Maybe you ought to complain to Google, if their street view images offend you so much.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Dude, your link is to a conversation about a new grocery store. So the answer is nobody.
Then what was the point of posting the image in the first place? Right, it was an example of how "extremely problematic" the area is.

Quote:
Maybe you ought to complain to Google, if their street view images offend you so much.
Seeing non-white people going about their lives in Google Street View images doesn't offend me at all; I'm just baffled why it seems to be an obsession for some people.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Then what was the point of posting the image in the first place? Right, it was an example of how "extremely problematic" the area is.

Seeing non-white people going about their lives in Google Street View images doesn't offend me at all; I'm just baffled why it seems to be an obsession for some people.
If you have a question about the first, I suggest asking that in the Trader Joe's thread that you linked. This thread is about shootings and stabbings, let's not derail it anymore.

As for the obsession, there is none. It's you and one other poster who has an ongoing fixation with the race thing. Nobody else notices or cares.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:53 AM

4,433 posts, read 3,215,201 times
Quote:
Point of reference.

Should the media stop showing footage too? Or even stop reporting locations? How would you like it if someone was shot on the sidewalk in front of your house, and it was all kept a secret from you?
Isnt the point of reference the address you posted? If you don't post a picture of a house, it's a secret? Seens like a map would be more illuminating.

That still doesn't explain the fascination with casting aspersions on the people captured by street view

Old 04-23-2021, 04:56 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,720,455 times
Quote:
If you have a question about the first, I suggest asking that in the Trader Joe's thread that you linked. This thread is about shootings and stabbings, let's not derail it anymore.

As for the obsession, there is none. It's you and one other poster who has an ongoing fixation with the race thing. Nobody else notices or cares.
"Nobody else notices or cares" for this Dog Whistle/Crime Thread. You can say that again. That's why except for your crime reporter bud & mp (I guess), nobody responds to the creepy whistles. You must feel a bit lonely.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
This was the thread where you explained your rationale for posting Google Street View images. The Trader Joe's thread was just another in the line of unfortunate examples of you and another poster taking a positive story and using it to obsess over urban crime, using random people captured on Google Street View merely existing as evidence of said urban crime. Since you have no problem derailing others' threads, I see no reason to similarly respect your urban crime obsession thread.

Quote:
There is one other poster who thinks that Street View images of non-white people near the address of an urban crime scene are criminals, and Street View images of white people near the address of a suburban crime scene are going about their normal lives. It isn't me.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
"Nobody else notices or cares" for this Dog Whistle/Crime Thread. You can say that again. That's why except for your crime reporter bud & mp (I guess), nobody responds to the creepy whistles. You must feel a bit lonely.

Well you spend an awful lot of time here for a thread you claim to have zero interest in. That you fail at intelligent OT dialogue is another thing, but as we have seen that is nothing unique to this thread.

Back OT, a man was fatally shot on Indiana Ave. last night in the Washington Park section of the city.

That marks Providence's 6th homicide this year. This time last year, I believe there were zero.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...nce-overnight/

Old 04-23-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
This was the thread where you explained your rationale for posting Google Street View images. The Trader Joe's thread was just another in the line of unfortunate examples of you and another poster taking a positive story and using it to obsess over urban crime, using random people captured on Google Street View merely existing as evidence of said urban crime. Since you have no problem derailing others' threads, I see no reason to similarly respect your urban crime obsession thread.

There is one other poster who thinks that Street View images of non-white people near the address of an urban crime scene are criminals, and Street View images of white people near the address of a suburban crime scene are going about their normal lives. It isn't me.

You are wrong on all accounts, but carry on...

Old 04-23-2021, 10:52 AM

4,433 posts, read 3,215,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
massnative, the auto repair shop is the building in the back...behind the restaurant. See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmncj5Q0nc
So now that you've finally gotten the building straight, how close are you keystone cops to solving the crime? Is that even possible to do from your bedroom without a definitive Google Street view?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.