Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2021, 08:34 PM

2,811 posts, read 2,180,198 times

Advertisements

As well as negative things about individual posters who go there.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:04 PM

4,375 posts, read 3,184,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
An Auto Zone store...now that's a distinct, distinguishable business that would draw people to this rough West End neighborhood from all around.

That, and the meat market and the Cemetery are the closest landmarks to where the crime occurred. It happened on Elmwood, a main thoroughfare that goes through three towns, and which people are familiar with. Several buses travel on it, to bring people home from Providence to Cranston, Warwick, West Warwick and Coventry. A lot more people know Elmwood than Sprague Street, and it's notable that the other business you mention cannot be seen in the Google Street Views that Redplum posted. And to get to that business, even if they knew it, people likely travelled on Elmwood so they would be familiar with the road.

But you boys think needling posters here is so much more amusing

Old 09-12-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
There was a stabbing Thursday night on Federal Hill at Atwells Ave and Piedmont Street.

https://goo.gl/maps/e6pimAjmkPZuXf8N6

It was a robbery attempt, and a guy was stabbed in the head when he refused to give up his money.

Providence police investigate stabbing on Atwells Avenue
Guess nobody should go to Pane e Vino, eh?

Old 09-12-2021, 02:32 PM

17,666 posts, read 9,155,986 times
sandsonik, nobody has any problem with Long Live Beerworks.

Please drop it. You're derailing the thread with your incessant bickering.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:52 PM

23,566 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Two men were shot dead in Providence last night, marking the 17th and 18th homicides in the city for 2021. This now matches the total number for 2020, with four months to go in this year still.

Providence police investigating two deadly shootings overnight

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ngs-overnight/

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Providence police are investigating two deadly shootings that happened overnight on Saturday.
According to Commander Thomas Verdi, the first shooting happened around 2 a.m. on O’Connell Street, where a 25-year-old man was shot. He was taken to Rhode Island Hospital and pronounced dead.
About 20 minutes later, another shooting happened at a gas station on Branch Avenue. The victim in that shooting, identified as a 23-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene."

O'Connell St. is where the Truth Lounge is. I image there was some kind of connection there.

Not sure where on Branch Ave. it was, but Thursday night at 10:48pm there was some kind of shooting incident at 485 Branch Ave.. That is location of the Golden House restaurant, in the Charles neighborhood.

Suspect in the Branch Ave. fatal shooting nabbed on Prairie Ave. in South Providence. 22-year-old Andrew Mangru.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ence-shooting/

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Police have arrested the man wanted in connection with a deadly shooting in Providence late last month.
Andrew Mangru, 22, was taken into custody Friday morning on Prairie Avenue.
Police had identified him as the suspect in the shooting death of 23-year-old Andrei Bonilla.
Detectives learned Bonilla had gone to see a woman on Harwol Court and was in the car with her when Mangru, whom police described as “her ex-boyfriend or a man who has a child in common with her,” approached them."

Last edited by massnative71; 09-12-2021 at 06:17 PM..

Old 09-12-2021, 08:37 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
As well as negative things about individual posters who go there.
Out of state krime kinksters need to pursue their prurient "hobbies".

I for one am glad they don't live or frequent this awesome city.
When you have to get your impressions of a neighborhood from Google, you've hit rock bottom.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:42 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Out of state krime kinksters need to pursue their prurient "hobbies".

I for one am glad they don't live or frequent this awesome city.
When you have to get your impressions of a neighborhood from Google, you've hit rock bottom.

And they don't import any leaf blowers either...

Old 09-13-2021, 06:12 PM

23,566 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Two men were shot dead in Providence last night, marking the 17th and 18th homicides in the city for 2021. This now matches the total number for 2020, with four months to go in this year still.

Providence police investigating two deadly shootings overnight
https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ngs-overnight/

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Providence police are investigating two deadly shootings that happened overnight on Saturday.
According to Commander Thomas Verdi, the first shooting happened around 2 a.m. on O’Connell Street, where a 25-year-old man was shot. He was taken to Rhode Island Hospital and pronounced dead.
About 20 minutes later, another shooting happened at a gas station on Branch Avenue. The victim in that shooting, identified as a 23-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene."

O'Connell St. is where the Truth Lounge is. I image there was some kind of connection there.

Not sure where on Branch Ave. it was, but Thursday night at 10:48pm there was some kind of shooting incident at 485 Branch Ave.. That is location of the Golden House restaurant, in the Charles neighborhood.
And now a suspect in the O'Connell St. fatal shooting (outside the Revel Lounge), Ahmad Crowell, has been arrested. Not clear yet where he was caught, although the Seekonk Police were involved.

NEW: Suspect in Recent Homicide Outside of Providence Nightclub Apprehended

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/new...ub-apprehended

"The suspect in a recent Providence homicide has been caught. According to police, Ahmad Crowell — who was wanted in the homicide of Danny Zairis — was apprehended by Providence Police detectives with the help of Seekonk police on Monday afternoon."

Old 09-13-2021, 06:28 PM

17,666 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Suspect in the Branch Ave. fatal shooting nabbed on Prairie Ave. in South Providence. 22-year-old Andrew Mangru.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...ence-shooting/

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Police have arrested the man wanted in connection with a deadly shooting in Providence late last month.
Andrew Mangru, 22, was taken into custody Friday morning on Prairie Avenue.
Police had identified him as the suspect in the shooting death of 23-year-old Andrei Bonilla.
Detectives learned Bonilla had gone to see a woman on Harwol Court and was in the car with her when Mangru, whom police described as “her ex-boyfriend or a man who has a child in common with her,” approached them."

GoLocal Obituary for Andrei Bonilla:

Entrepreneur & Athlete, Andrei S. Bonilla, of East Providence, Passes at 23

"He was a young innovative entrepreneur who began his own clothing line, Rise Above Hate (RAH) to promote non-violence, hope, and brotherhood. His inspirational message of peace and acceptance was meant to bond and unite people regardless of differences. Andrei wanted to inspire optimism and positivity. He was a loyal friend, very family-oriented, and a positive role model for all who knew him."

Old 09-13-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
While I'm sure La Gigante Meat Market is a fine establishment, I'd guess it's probably not very well known.

Let's take a look...

La Gigante Meat Market:

Yelp -- 1 review

Facebook -- 64 followers

Instagram -- 97 followers

Twitter -- no account found

Long Live Beerworks:

Yelp -- 124 reviews

Facebook -- 9,792 followers

Instagram -- 26,600 followers

Twitter -- 2,730 followers
Trillium and Tree House have even more followers and reviews.

I didn't think Yelp reviews had anything to do with pinpointing crime locations on your little map. If something else is closer, it's closer. You put the Google Street view to show people where it is, no? At least I figured that must be the point of the Google Street Views, although I've never been too sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island