Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,619,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelone View Post
You guys and gals have been great. I feel so welcomed already!!!
I finally found my spot in the world and I am taking it. I must say though after visiting the Chateau myself, it is really meant and designed for older people. I just couldn't see myself living there. So I got another place.
Thanks again for all of your comments. They helped A LOT
What'd yah end up with? And just because you found a place dont abandon us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 07:30 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,894 times
There are some privately owned townhouse apartments for rent off Dalewood Avenue in Salem, off Route 419. Since they are on a steep hill the views of the valley are beautiful and it is very quiet! Check out the signs!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:34 PM

17 posts, read 58,292 times
Thank you all for your support and replies. You are a wonderful group of people and I appreciate all of your input. On the day I was supposedly traveling to VA to sign the lease for my apartment, I got a call form a hospital here in NJ to extend an offer to me that was over 20K dollars more and no need to pay for relocation expenses. It took me about 3 minutes to call them back with the following words "I accept, can I start tomorrow lol".

So thanks again for every input. You guys are FAAAANTASTIC!
<3 <3 <3

Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelone View Post
Thank you all for your support and replies. You are a wonderful group of people and I appreciate all of your input. On the day I was supposedly traveling to VA to sign the lease for my apartment, I got a call form a hospital here in NJ to extend an offer to me that was over 20K dollars more and no need to pay for relocation expenses. It took me about 3 minutes to call them back with the following words "I accept, can I start tomorrow lol".

So thanks again for every input. You guys are FAAAANTASTIC!
<3 <3 <3
Sorry your still stuck in N.J. you would have saved that $20k extra your making in rent here and probably enjoyed the Roanoke way of life! But I am glad your happy. If you ever change your mind we will be right here to help!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 PM

15 posts, read 57,465 times
Can I ask the name? PLease and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
There are some privately owned townhouse apartments for rent off Dalewood Avenue in Salem, off Route 419. Since they are on a steep hill the views of the valley are beautiful and it is very quiet! Check out the signs!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM

26 posts, read 48,692 times
Angelone - Glad to hear that you're settled! To all the other posters: My wife and I will be in Roanoke in May with the purpose of renting a house or duplex for our summer relocation. Can anyone recommend a realtor that handles rentals? Other than Craig's List and the Roanoke newspaper are there any other resources for identifying 1 or 2 family rentals? Thanks!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,660,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkeys View Post
Angelone - Glad to hear that you're settled! To all the other posters: My wife and I will be in Roanoke in May with the purpose of renting a house or duplex for our summer relocation. Can anyone recommend a realtor that handles rentals? Other than Craig's List and the Roanoke newspaper are there any other resources for identifying 1 or 2 family rentals? Thanks!
Hall Assoc.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:46 PM

I wouldnt recommend renting from them. I have friends that have horror stories.. dont know from personal experience though but judging from the outsie appearence of some of their properties I would agree. Also hear Anglin Associates are slumlords and after looking at one of their properties 2 years ago when I moved to Roanoke I would have to agree.. I wouldnt even allow my cats to live in that place. I say Realty Managment LLC. would be a good choice I hear good things about them & have a number of their properties in my neighborhood that look very nice.. (go to google to find their site) Unfortunatly I can't post a link here. -Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1n View Post
Hall Assoc.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:35 PM

26 posts, read 48,692 times
Default Appear to be an excellent resource!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
I wouldnt recommend renting from them. I have friends that have horror stories.. dont know from personal experience though but judging from the outsie appearence of some of their properties I would agree. Also hear Anglin Associates are slumlords and after looking at one of their properties 2 years ago when I moved to Roanoke I would have to agree.. I wouldnt even allow my cats to live in that place. I say Realty Managment LLC. would be a good choice I hear good things about them & have a number of their properties in my neighborhood that look very nice.. (go to google to find their site) Unfortunatly I can't post a link here. -Good Luck!
THANKS Teebyrd! Your response is greatl Based on your forum posts you appear to be an excellent resource for "what's going on" in Roanoke. I'll check your other thread postings for more good insights.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Thank you, That is great to hear! I put my heart and soul into my responses (most of the time!) I do get offended when people come on and try to start arguments about them because I think that is pointless. America is all about freedom of speech.. I speak how I feel. The regulars on here all have their own style of responding to a post.. Its neat to see all of our different styles, some have lots of facts and others speak from the heart, but all are great people. Let me know if I can be of anymore help for you! -Teebyrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkeys View Post
THANKS Teebyrd! Your response is greatl Based on your forum posts you appear to be an excellent resource for "what's going on" in Roanoke. I'll check your other thread postings for more good insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area