Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 05:22 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,328,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Never heard anyone describe Rochester as not welcoming. I've lived in the area going on 5 years now and have lived in 3 different areas and have found everyone to be extremely welcoming. More so than a lot of other places I've lived in my life. I can't really speak to Buffalo since I've never lived there, just visit a lot. But I've heard Buffalo is a very friendly and welcoming city as well. Guess it may depend on what area? I don't know..
The irony is I quite literally was just having a conversation 2 days ago with my neighbor who is a transplant
and moved into my neighborhood last year. And he was commenting about how friendly the neighborhood is and how happy they are living here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Most places are what you make of them. I find Rochester a very welcoming place and have certainly struck up conversations with strangers around here. It doesn't shock me that the above poster who is constantly negative about Rochester has had poor experiences with people from Rochester.
When somebody literally posts pages on pages of lengthy negative diatribes about a city they haven't lived in for many years, you can only imagine what their personality is like in person. I would be willing to make a large bet that they aren't exactly a friendly person face to face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 05:30 PM

Also for an interesting read, check out some of these comments about "transplants" and experiences moving and living in Greenville SC. It sounds like Greenville isn't quite the oasis Howard would have you believe.

Quote:
we dont need more people we need those that moved here to move back to the state they came from we are way to overpopulated here now the traffic is horrible i was born here and i wish people would stop moving here and find a diffrent state to move to not being rude just honest fast food jobs are easy to get here
Quote:
We moved to Piedmont SC from New England 3 years ago and had a culture shock. Greenville is a nice city, but it has good and bad just like anywhere else. The majority of people are not very outgoing nor are they very courteous. I was raised to say please, thank you, bless you, good morning, have a good evening and all those other well mannered terms us "Yankees": are taught, but here I'm lucky if someone responds in kind. FYI I have been called a Yankee, but at least it was to my face. I've been to New Orleans many times and I have to say that is where I've experienced the most Southern Hospitality. If you move here just know it takes time to make friends and people might be a little standoffish. Try to stay closer to Greenville if you can afford it because the outskirts are hit or miss and you'll have to get used of hearing gunshots without ducking! LOL

https://www.indeed.com/forum/loc/Gre...et-here/t21333

Old 10-23-2019, 05:16 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,449,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2797 View Post
Also for an interesting read, check out some of these comments about "transplants" and experiences moving and living in Greenville SC. It sounds like Greenville isn't quite the oasis Howard would have you believe.

https://www.indeed.com/forum/loc/Gre...et-here/t21333
You must be joking.

One comment from some local, and one from New England.

Every time we're in downtown Greenville we meet people from the Rochester area. I'm not exaggerating. Every one of them comments on how nice the area is, and how great the people seem to be.

This place is an oasis compared to Rottenchester.

I could care less about some bohunk local who doesn't want more people to move here. This area has transplants from all over the world.

Sound to me like that New Englander spends a lot of time indoors and not out in the general area around here.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:10 PM

Well I see that triggered you.

No Howard, it wasn't one comment from one local. That was 4 pages of comments from many people describing their very bad experiences living in Greenville.

You seem to believe that only your opinion matters and use the excuse that everybody else who disagrees with you "must be this", or "must be that". It's not just the opinion of some "bohunk" local or some "New Englander". Many, many people hate living in the south. GT87 has posted many times on here of his time living in the south and how much better his life is in Rochester. But again, your short period of time living in the south somehow trumps his opinion.

Regardless of your bizarre obsession with Rochester that causes you to post pages of diatribe, the fact is that Rochester consistently scores very high on quality of life rankings and for many people is a fantastic place to live.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:43 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,097,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post

Every time we're in downtown Greenville we meet people from the Rochester area. I'm not exaggerating. Every one of them comments on how nice the area is, and how great the people seem to be.

Well...there you go. People from Rochester ARE nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area