Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 02:16 AM

168 posts, read 240,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
That previous poster has lived here 58years so he says; therefore his has no idea how HOT the southwest, Texas, Florida, much of the rest of the nations major metros are compared to Sacramento.

My point all along as been that Sacramento summers are no more uncomfortable than much of the nation and clearly without a doubt Sacramento summers are COOLER THAN MUCH OF THE NATION's other metros concerning morning temps (up until noon-2pm), and night time temps.

Only mountain locations, far northern locales-in the USA, and coastal California have consistently milder and cooler summers than Sacramento.

Again, the reason for this thread is for posters who are in denial and refuse to compare actually real facts about Sacramento's weather with other cites(metros) across the nation.
We all know why. It's because Sacramento is a short 45 min drive away much cooler weather in the bay. Well, usually 35 min to Cordelia it starts really dropping off. Vacaville is hotter than Sac by quite a bit but only 10-20 min away from cooler air. I wonder how they feel?? Maybe it is time to start chopping down the mountains blocking the cooler air And combined with the fact that the Real Bay Area is very expensive it really makes people sour. Just get over it and accept what we have here which is pretty damn good weather that's not humid and better than most of the nation.

Last edited by enigma99a; 09-25-2015 at 02:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 02:55 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Correction to last post.

Uncomfortably warm/hot summer Days.
How many DAYS 100+ either heat index or actual temp.

August 2015

*Heat Index

Phoenix - 30 days (*24)
Vegas - 26 days (*17)

Oklahoma City - *24 days
Charlotte - *24 days
Nashville - *18 days
Washington DC - *17 days
Richmond, VA - *17 days
St. Louis - *15 days

Sacramento - 5 days (*2 days)
Indianapolis - *2 days
Danville (Bay Area) - 2 days
Cincinnati - *1 day

The ABOVE cities are at the same general latitude as Sacramento, except Phx and Vegas.
OP: I am a So.Calif. (LA County) native who has also lived in the NYC area and Wash, D.C.

I agree. Sacramento's climate is very good when compared to nearly everywhere in the U.S. outside of California. I'll take a Sacramento summer all day long over Wash, D.C. or virtually anywhere on the east coast. Yes, it gets hot in the daytime but the evenings are incredibly comfortable compared to the damp, humid east where you get no relief for the entire summer. And a typical Sacramento summer day is a walk in the park compared to D.C. which is sticky and unbearable.

The truth is Californians are spoiled when it comes to weather....we won the lottery on climate.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:30 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
OP: I am a So.Calif. (LA County) native who has also lived in the NYC area and Wash, D.C.

I agree. Sacramento's climate is very good when compared to nearly everywhere in the U.S. outside of California. I'll take a Sacramento summer all day long over Wash, D.C. or virtually anywhere on the east coast. Yes, it gets hot in the daytime but the evenings are incredibly comfortable compared to the damp, humid east where you get no relief for the entire summer. And a typical Sacramento summer day is a walk in the park compared to D.C. which is sticky and unbearable.

The truth is Californians are spoiled when it comes to weather....we won the lottery on climate.
Astra_Weeks, Thanks for you input and comments. A voice of reason, Now, I hoping for a return to our normal wet winter patterns to make things green again, fill our reservoirs and build a deep snow pack in our Mountains for all of California,

Last edited by Chimérique; 09-26-2015 at 02:02 PM..

Old 09-27-2015, 08:23 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,936 times
Great time to go to Midtown right now. Go there before it becomes November and it gets too cold to dress like you are in the beach.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Great time to head up to Apple Hill.
I'm loving the slightly decreased temps.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Great time to head up to Apple Hill.
I'm loving the slightly decreased temps.

That's a real good idea.

Should start to see more human interest stories on all the news channels about AH real soon.

Apple Hill | Celebrating 50 Years!

Old 09-30-2015, 03:10 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
It's Gravenstein apple season too. Just bought some at the Nugget. If you like them, it's a super short season. So time to stock up.

It's drizzling today. Yay

Old 10-01-2015, 01:52 AM

6,906 posts, read 8,275,166 times
Sept 30, 2015

Sacramento
High 69F, Low 57F

Portland
High 72F, Low 51F

Phoenix
High 106F, Low 78F

Early Autumn
Yesterday, Phoenix's daytime high temp was 37 degrees hotter than Sacramento.

All Summer long, Sacramento's LOW temp NEVER stayed as warm as Phoenix's low yesterday, which was 78F.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:16 AM

430 posts, read 835,294 times
I didn't read all 84 pages, but I'm glad that a good majority of posters in this thread do realize that the Sacramento Valley has some of the best weather in the world. With the dew point hardly ever rising above 60°, it's hard to say that summers in Sacramento are uncomfortable for the average person. Even in Toronto, Canada, it gets a lot more humid and ergo uncomfortable than that in July and August. Maybe some people are truly affected by just heat alone, but for the average person around the U.S., "it's not the heat, it's the humidity." To me, it's not even the heat index that matters. It's the dew point.

The Sacramento Valley also gets more sun in June, July, and August than any spot on Earth. I think that's amazing. Does anyone know if California has one of those solar energy programs like some other states where you can sell your power back to the grid at competitive rates? If so, the area is better than any on the planet for solar power in the summer. If not, it still could be with those Tesla home batteries. I guess the tule fog makes it not quite as great in the winter though.

At any rate, I may move back to California one day based on warmth and sun alone. It's the only Mediterranean climate outside of Cape Town, South Africa; Perth, Australia; and, well, the Mediterranean itself.

And when I do, I think I actually prefer the weather of Sacramento to that of the other 3 major metros of California. It gets the most rain of the four, which is obviously important moving forward (although hopefully there won't be many droughts as bad as the one now). It also has the closest thing to all four seasons. Summers are obviously warmer than in SF, LA, or SD, and winters are slightly cooler. Obviously Sacramento has the worst surfing of the four, but being raised in Virginia, I wasn't the biggest fan of San Fran at the time because there were no seasons at all other than the Mediterranean standards of "green" and "brown". That's a bit boring to have such little variation in temperature.

But while I'd still rather to have seasons and some nice variation (Sacramento is 40° warmer in midsummer than the dead of winter) I also love the Mediterranean climate in that there is almost never any ice or snow, and when there is it usually melts within 24 hours. That's wonderful.

Add to that the fact that you can always drive to Tahoe and Heavenly whenever you really WANT the snow, and you have pretty much the best climate on Earth. It's hard to find that even in the actual Mediterranean.

You have it made!

Old 10-01-2015, 07:55 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
You people in CA better never underestimate how powerful that sun and blue sky can be for some of us. We have started October 1 here in Birmingham in our typical blanket of gray flannel. My mood has already dropped off 10 points of a scale of 100.

"But no one should move to California! They're all liberals and nuts!" - to quote most of the people in this state I know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento