Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2016, 02:09 PM

6,909 posts, read 8,282,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife09 View Post
Guess you weren't around in October when it was 90+ for nearly the entire month.

Sac summers are miserable, no way around that. You can spin it all you want but it's complete hell.
That doesn't make sense. Sacramento has already had 9 months where our weather and temperatures have been near identical to the Bay Area. 9+6=15; there are only 12 months in a year.

Sacramento has fantastic weather. Enjoying every moment of it outdoors.

Thankfully we are nearing our average range of normal rainfall as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Guess you weren't around in October when it was 90+ for nearly the entire month.
Actually, Sacramento had only 2 days out of 31 days last October where the temp was in the 90's. Both of those days were in the low 90's.

Guess you exaggerate a lot because last Oct, most days were in the high 70's to low 80's. One day the high was in the 60's.

Sacramento had as many days in the 70's as it did in the 90's last October for high temps not counting heat index.

Also, all the days in Oct, the LOW temps were in the low to mid 50's. It cools down quite fast in Sacramento in October, daily.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:47 AM

Last OCTOBER(2015)

SACRAMENTO - Oct 2015
100's - ZERO DAYS
90's - 2 days (6 not using heat index)
80's, 70's, 60's - 25 days

LOW TEMPS - all days it cooled to the low to mid 50's. All mornings, nights and evenings - a cool and comfortable temp.

Sacramento had comfortable temps for the entire month of OCT except for a few hours on 2 days.

PHOENIX - Oct 2015
100's - 5 days; 2 of those were over 105+
90"s - 14 days, almost half the month
80'S & 70"S - 16 days

It's monsoon season in PHX in Oct, so humidity is up, heat index doesn't always mean lower feels like temps.

LOW TEMPS - In PHX, for 28 days the temp NEVER lowered to a comfortable temp; only 2 days the temp lowered into the low 60's (one day to 59F).

So the entire month of OCT in PHX it was UNCOMFORTABLE 24/7; except for 3 days in the very early morning.

Last edited by Chimérique; 04-30-2016 at 07:13 AM..

Old 04-30-2016, 11:30 AM

89 posts, read 132,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Actually, Sacramento had only 2 days out of 31 days last October where the temp was in the 90's. Both of those days were in the low 90's.

Guess you exaggerate a lot because last Oct, most days were in the high 70's to low 80's. One day the high was in the 60's.

Sacramento had as many days in the 70's as it did in the 90's last October for high temps not counting heat index.

Also, all the days in Oct, the LOW temps were in the low to mid 50's. It cools down quite fast in Sacramento in October, daily.
Well that's completely false. There were 7 days over 90 degrees in October with it be 96 degrees on October 13th, what nice lovely fall weather. Just like the Bay Area right?

Old 04-30-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Well that's completely false. There were 7 days over 90 degrees in October with it be 96 degrees on October 13th, what nice lovely fall weather. Just like the Bay Area right?
So you just refuted your original claim that the entire month was in the 90's. Your descriptions of Sacramento weather are a complete and total exaggeration.

And you ignore 9 months of weather and temps being near identical to the Bay Area.

Actually only 2 days in Oct the heat index was at least 90F in Sacramento.

Last edited by Chimérique; 04-30-2016 at 01:03 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 05:24 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,573,271 times
I agree with almost all of your posts Chim, but still cannot get on board with this. I know other places get 100 or above too, but when you combine that with terrible air quality, allergies, no wind and it's still 85+ at 10 at night, your entire system is working pretty hard to cool down. I still think a lot of our weather sucks LOL. Yesterday was horrible. Maybe we are better than some place in the South or Texas, I don't know. But whatever the case, I sure wouldn't put our weather as a whole on the level of "great". Just my opinion.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
I agree with almost all of your posts Chim, but still cannot get on board with this. I know other places get 100 or above too, but when you combine that with terrible air quality, allergies, no wind and it's still 85+ at 10 at night, your entire system is working pretty hard to cool down. I still think a lot of our weather sucks LOL. Yesterday was horrible. Maybe we are better than some place in the South or Texas, I don't know. But whatever the case, I sure wouldn't put our weather as a whole on the level of "great". Just my opinion.
I was wondering what was taking one of you so long to post about our current weather, lol. I still would definitely put Sacramento in the good to great category.

In the last 9 months we have had cool to mild to warm weather. The entire months of April and May were near perfect except for the last day of May.

It didn't freeze once this last winter and when it gets close to freezing it's late at night, early morning; whereas, in huge swaths of the rest of the nation it's freezing (32F or below) all day long, something we never experience.

The worse weather we have dealt with is steady rain for several days in a row, which I actually love because we so need it every year regardless of a drought condition or not.

For the last 3 months the Midwest has had devestating tornadoes, and Texas has had major flooding. And Texas will experience our current kind of weather for the next 3 months and worse because the humidly will be double than what it is now. 90+ at MIDNIGHT with double the humidity is the norm in Texas and the Southwest.

It's late spring early summer, cities across america, not just us, have heat waves that last 5-10 days at least once or twice a year. This is early for 100 degree weather for us, but usually what will happen is in the dead of Summer late July or early August we will have a solid 2 weeks of "cool" temps no more than 85F with very low humidity, and comfortable evenings and very cool mornings and nobody will say anything about how nice that is.

Another phenomenon we in Sacramento deal with is our coastal transplants, such as yourself, being from the north bay who grew-up never dealing with any kind of uncomfortable summer weather. A heat wave such as now simply "never" occurs on the coast in NorCal. If it does, it lasts literally one day. So we are constantly compared to that and we know just 45mins away it is cooler in either direction (west or east); whereas, in Austin, Texas you literally would have to drive 12 hours or more to get to cooler weather.

Back east in the humid summer it's the same, hot and humid from one major metro to another: NYC, 100 miles south to Philly down another 100 miles to Baltimore and another 40 miles south to DC, same hot and humid, no escaping the heat. In 240 miles same hot and humid.

In Sacramento, we can go to the next major metro(Fairfield to SF) and within 45 minutes it is 25-30 degrees cooler in the same day, and for every 15 minutes we drive west or east it drops 5 degrees.

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-05-2016 at 05:52 AM..

Old 06-05-2016, 11:18 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,573,271 times
Quote:
I was wondering what was taking one of you so long to post about our current weather, lol. I still would definitely put Sacramento in the good to great category.

In the last 9 months we have had cool to mild to warm weather. The entire months of April and May were near perfect except for the last day of May.

It didn't freeze once this last winter and when it gets close to freezing it's late at night, early morning; whereas, in huge swaths of the rest of the nation it's freezing (32F or below) all day long, something we never experience.

The worse weather we have dealt with is steady rain for several days in a row, which I actually love because we so need it every year regardless of a drought condition or not.

For the last 3 months the Midwest has had devestating tornadoes, and Texas has had major flooding. And Texas will experience our current kind of weather for the next 3 months and worse because the humidly will be double than what it is now. 90+ at MIDNIGHT with double the humidity is the norm in Texas and the Southwest.

It's late spring early summer, cities across america, not just us, have heat waves that last 5-10 days at least once or twice a year. This is early for 100 degree weather for us, but usually what will happen is in the dead of Summer late July or early August we will have a solid 2 weeks of "cool" temps no more than 85F with very low humidity, and comfortable evenings and very cool mornings and nobody will say anything about how nice that is.

Another phenomenon we in Sacramento deal with is our coastal transplants, such as yourself, being from the north bay who grew-up never dealing with any kind of uncomfortable summer weather. A heat wave such as now simply "never" occurs on the coast in NorCal. If it does, it lasts literally one day. So we are constantly compared to that and we know just 45mins away it is cooler in either direction (west or east); whereas, in Austin, Texas you literally would have to drive 12 hours or more to get to cooler weather.

Back east in the humid summer it's the same, hot and humid from one major metro to another: NYC, 100 miles south to Philly down another 100 miles to Baltimore and another 40 miles south to DC, same hot and humid, no escaping the heat. In 240 miles same hot and humid.

In Sacramento, we can go to the next major metro(Fairfield to SF) and within 45 minutes it is 25-30 degrees cooler in the same day, and for every 15 minutes we drive west or east it drops 5 degrees.
Good points. I can agree on "good". I think I am indoctrinated with coastal breeze growing up in the bay, so I will prob always feel landlocked in Sac to some degree. Yes, most of the time our weather is pretty good. Just when it does get hot, it's tough to deal with.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:49 PM

89 posts, read 132,135 times
Quote:
So you just refuted your original claim that the entire month was in the 90's. Your descriptions of Sacramento weather are a complete and total exaggeration.

And you ignore 9 months of weather and temps being near identical to the Bay Area.

Actually only 2 days in Oct the heat index was at least 90F in Sacramento.
Just go outside and tell us how "great the weather is here." You also should also work on your reading skills. I said nearly the entire month was in the 90's, not every day. You can live in your delusion all you want but sacramento summers are absolutely miserable and last from May through October. Please don't ever compare Bay Area weather to Sacramento, that's just completely dishonest.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Just go outside and tell us how "great the weather is here." You also should also work on your reading skills. I said nearly the entire month was in the 90's, not every day. You can live in your delusion all you want but sacramento summers are absolutely miserable and last from May through October. Please don't ever compare Bay Area weather to Sacramento, that's just completely dishonest.
When 10 months of the year Sacramento weather is near identical to the Bay Area I certainly will compare the two, and that is completely HONEST. Your limited and selective observations regarding Sacramento weather perpetuate your delusion about our weather.

Shall I start posting when the weather is miserable in the southwest, Texas, midwest and east again to remind you how good Sacramento weather is comparatively speaking to the rest of the nation. Record floods in Texas, Tornados in the midwest. I think our sunny weather with a cool drink by the pool is better than having my house blow to bits by a tornado.

Right now - June 5, 2016 3:20pm - I'll start with the west.

Portland - 96F - 25% humidity
Sacramento - 97F - 15% humidity

Las Vegas - 107F
Phoenix - 113F
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento