Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 02:57 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Chim I think you convinced most people here with the exception of the most hardcore trolls who only point of reference is very specific cities in the bay area very close to the coast. Of course they never mention the farther inland bay area cities that have similar weather as Sac. Once you leave comparing us to those very specific spots in the bay area, our weather, even in the summer, is better that most of the US.
Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 11:05 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0euser View Post
Saturday 6/25

Sacramento "We're warmer than the Gobi Desert" - High 102F, Low 61F
Redwood City - High 81F, Low 55F

41F spread in Sacramento? Ouch.
Why "ouch"? That's a good thing. A wide spread denotes a less-humid airmass, which allows cooling in the evening. Spend time in a humid climate where the air is so moist it doesn't cool down much, and you'll wish you had a 40-degree spread. A high of 102F and a low of 61 allows windows to be open at some point in the evening, which is far less expensive than running the AC.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:28 AM

78 posts, read 103,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
Why "ouch"?
I was ouching for the benefit of ABrandNewWorld, who said, "Going from 50s to 90s on the same day is not a positive in any climate." Though to be fair he seemed to have orphaned that comment when he discovered he accidentally dissed Sacramento weather.

It's funny how people here try to ignore the natural comparison between 2 cities in "the greater Sac/Bay Area region' and instead try to stretch comparisons to areas 3-30x more distant. Speaking of which, how's that greater Portland/Sac region thing going? Anyone working on a greater Miami/Sac region?

Old 06-25-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I was ouching for the benefit of ABrandNewWorld, who said, "Going from 50s to 90s on the same day is not a positive in any climate." Though to be fair he seemed to have orphaned that comment when he discovered he accidentally dissed Sacramento weather.

It's funny how people here try to ignore the natural comparison between 2 cities in "the greater Sac/Bay Area region' and instead try to stretch comparisons to areas 3-30x more distant. Speaking of which, how's that greater Portland/Sac region thing going? Anyone working on a greater Miami/Sac region?
LOL - it's not just a Sac thing... someone in the San Bernardino/Riverside forum keeps claiming the "Inland Empire" stretches into three states! Trying to tell someone from Cousinlove, West Virginia who's moving to Riverside what the high temperatures are in Joshua Tree really isn't helpful.

(For the record, here in Palm Springs we do have fairly sizeable temperature swings in the course of a day, but when the high temperature is 115, a 40-degree swing still means the windows are closed except for about five minutes at 6am. I'm looking forward to my Sacramento vacation week after next!)

Old 06-25-2016, 12:41 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
Quote:

Your analysis is ridiculous. It is completely appropriate to compare Sacramento to the rest of the nation especially on City-Data.

And, trying to make Sac look bad because we are within 1-2 hours of a major metro that doesn't even have real summer weather as most Americans define it is equally ridiculous.

Rather, it is a positive thing that Sacramento is close to the Bay Area, so when it gets a little to warm for too long we actually have a place to go, unlike cities in Texas or Florida where you can travel 4-5 hours by car and the weather is still hot and sticky!

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-25-2016 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-25-2016, 03:36 PM

78 posts, read 103,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
LOL - it's not just a Sac thing... someone in the San Bernardino/Riverside forum keeps claiming the "Inland Empire" stretches into three states! Trying to tell someone from Cousinlove, West Virginia who's moving to Riverside what the high temperatures are in Joshua Tree really isn't helpful.
The funny thing is it's Chimerique who wanted to lump Sacramento into one region with the Bay Area. He said "from my point of view Sacramento is just another locale in this greater Sac/Bay Area region". He only ran away from his "greater Sac/Bay Area region" once I started making comparisons here.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
The funny thing is it's Chimerique who wanted to lump Sacramento into one region with the Bay Area. He said "from my point of view Sacramento is just another locale in this greater Sac/Bay Area region". He only ran away from his "greater Sac/Bay Area region" once I started making comparisons here.
When it comes to tourism and things to do, it might possibly be acceptable to mention Sacramento and the SF bay area together in one comment (even though the entire time I lived in Sac, I never went to SF). Weather and climate, though, definitely not - they're completely separate. Beyond that, I can't and won't venture a more definitive comment on who said what when because (a) I don't care and (b) I have that particular person on ignore.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:13 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing as I read the last few pages.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:04 PM

89 posts, read 131,985 times
6 pm
Sac 103
Phoenix 108
Las Vegas 108
SF 65
Oakland 70
San Jose 83

Love those "cool" Sacramento nights. Yea it's great when it cools off at 10 pm when everyone is sleeping. From 11 - 8 the weather is miserable.

It's ok this will only last til... Mid October ha... Gotta love sac summers. But I thought the Bay Area and Sac weather were so similar throughout the year? Don't believe the sac homers on here, this place is miserable.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:49 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,571,969 times
High of 107 today. LOL that is not good weather no matter how you slice it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento