Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 09:13 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,279,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNWA View Post
I wanted to thank everyone for your feedback. My wife and I are not "new age woo-woo" people. We live in a nice area of Arden-Arcade (Ben Lomand). That being said, we are definitely picking up on some type of negative energy. A neighbor said its like a psychic vampire in this area. Is this due to it being poor? The crime? I don't know. There are some nice homes in our area and some not so nice places but it's definitely weird. I've lived in Danville, Chico, Alameda, Livermore and now Sacramento and this area just has a negative vibe to it. Even driving down Winding Creek where the "nice" houses are, it's just weird.
I wonder if the negative vibe started when you moved to the area because I have never ever ever heard of there being a negative vibe in Sacramento.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 09:26 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,279,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisthumper View Post
It's definitely more than 5-10 days. It was consistently over 100 from June - Aug for me after 3pm.
Sacramento CA Average Temperatures by Month - Current Results

The average is 11 days, but if you factor in the heat index which is almost always a lower temp than actual temp for Sacramento you bring down to more like 5 days.

You have Sacramento confused with places like Phoenix, Las Vegas, Austin, San Antonio. Sacramento is cooler than these cities in the summer.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:10 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,995 times
A lot of terrible things have happened in the Arden area over the years.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:04 PM

128 posts, read 372,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Sacramento CA Average Temperatures by Month - Current Results

The average is 11 days, but if you factor in the heat index which is almost always a lower temp than actual temp for Sacramento you bring down to more like 5 days.

You have Sacramento confused with places like Phoenix, Las Vegas, Austin, San Antonio. Sacramento is cooler than these cities in the summer.
You're correct. I lived in Roseville for one year but the climate is almost identical to Sacramento. Looking at historical data, I actually counted 12 days.

Sure, not hot as those other cities but I prefer not to have to compare to extremities. Sacramento is still hot during the Summer, particularly for Californians. It usually doesn't unbearable until after 3pm though but it basically eliminated my option of walking home from work.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:15 PM

89 posts, read 132,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisthumper View Post
You're correct. I lived in Roseville for one year but the climate is almost identical to Sacramento. Looking at historical data, I actually counted 12 days.

Sure, not hot as those other cities but I prefer not to have to compare to extremities. Sacramento is still hot during the Summer, particularly for Californians. It usually doesn't unbearable until after 3pm though but it basically eliminated my option of walking home from work.
Exactly, we've established Sacramento is not as warm as the desert... great. Compared to typical CA climate the summers are incredibly hot. You can't do anything from 3 pm until 8 pm. Also it stays very very warm until October. Not very pleasant for most people.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:39 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife09 View Post
Compared to typical CA climate the summers are incredibly hot. You can't do anything from 3 pm until 8 pm. Also it stays very very warm until October.
There is another thread dedicated to this debate.
Do we underestimate and downplay how Great Sacramento weather really is?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:54 PM

762 posts, read 2,031,272 times
Well if the people attacking mt shasta/Arizona in defense of some poster saying something negative about sac is any indication... Maybe we are dark and forboding.

It's not for everyone, shouldn't claim to be, isn't trying to be.

Shasta's too cold, Sedona too hot, sacramentos not perfect either. It's not utopia, op is correct.

Shasta experiences seismic activity, too, and use of pseudoscience does not gain you credibility, but quite the opposite.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:36 AM

815 posts, read 2,699,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Maybe its all those politicians humming away in the state capital...that would be enough to darken anyone's mood.
I doubt any politicians would go near that part of town LOL

Old 02-13-2015, 01:53 AM

2 posts, read 3,771 times
I'm from Iowa but have lived in LA and SF, and relocated to sacramento (Arden) a year ago. My take on it after being here a year: Arden Arcade sucks. If I want to feel terrible about my life, I stay in Arden. I don't believe in "vibes", but the entire Arden Arcade area definitely has a negative energy to it. It might be the homeless people digging in my trash and the alcoholics on every single streetcorner. That said, I think Sacramento proper is an amazing city. East Sac, Land Park, Curtis Park are fantastic, and I'd happily live the rest of my life in any of those neighborhoods. Folsom is suburbia, but its beautiful in many parts. I think you just have to drive around and really look at all the neighborhoods until they click. For me, what clicked was east sac and curtis park. As a family we decided Curtis Park would be the best for us, and we bought a house. Its a great neighborhood by any cities standard. Sure, we still have homeless people digging in our trashcan, but we aren't surrounded by concrete.

I kind of understand the Sacramento hate by those from the bay area. I used to live there, I have a lot of relatives there, and its great there. I'd live there if I had an extra 2 million sitting in the bank. But I find those native to Sacramento are great people. Really down to earth but worldly. I find them the best mix of what I left in the midwest and the culture I sought in California. I think this is a great city and I'm proud to call it my home.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:35 AM

68 posts, read 109,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
I'm from Iowa but have lived in LA and SF, and relocated to sacramento (Arden) a year ago. My take on it after being here a year: Arden Arcade sucks. If I want to feel terrible about my life, I stay in Arden. I don't believe in "vibes", but the entire Arden Arcade area definitely has a negative energy to it. It might be the homeless people digging in my trash and the alcoholics on every single streetcorner. That said, I think Sacramento proper is an amazing city. East Sac, Land Park, Curtis Park are fantastic, and I'd happily live the rest of my life in any of those neighborhoods. Folsom is suburbia, but its beautiful in many parts. I think you just have to drive around and really look at all the neighborhoods until they click. For me, what clicked was east sac and curtis park. As a family we decided Curtis Park would be the best for us, and we bought a house. Its a great neighborhood by any cities standard. Sure, we still have homeless people digging in our trashcan, but we aren't surrounded by concrete.

I kind of understand the Sacramento hate by those from the bay area. I used to live there, I have a lot of relatives there, and its great there. I'd live there if I had an extra 2 million sitting in the bank. But I find those native to Sacramento are great people. Really down to earth but worldly. I find them the best mix of what I left in the midwest and the culture I sought in California. I think this is a great city and I'm proud to call it my home.
+1 to this. I love Sacramento and can't imagine living anywhere else (in the USA). I too have lived in the Bay Area, but Sacramento feels like a better place to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento