Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 10:03 AM

4,030 posts, read 3,309,259 times

Advertisements

I really don't understand the guy. He has really strongly held opinions, that aren't especially well thought out on matters that aren't even all that important, but the way he defends them by any means necessary, with this tremendous torrent of narcissistic rage, I don't find myself being persuaded by his arguments as much as just thinking about all the basic life skills at being a functioning human that is he lacking. I really don't understand why he thought his conduct was at all appropriate here. Its been a week, there is no apology, more importantly there is no self awareness at all.

I really don't know how this guy functions in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 10:07 AM

6,909 posts, read 8,282,450 times
I was curious how Sacramento and Phoenix compared temperature-wise for April 2021.

Phoenix had 18 days in the 90's.
Of those days, Phoenix had 8 days above 95F.

Sacramento had 2 days in 90's.
Both of the days were no higher than 91F.

How many high temp days were NOT summer like, meaning days still in the 70's and 60's., beautiful days but Not remotely "hot"
Sacramento had 16 days in the 60's and 70's.
Phoenix had only 1 day that was in the 70's, none in the 60's; all other days were in 80's and 90's.

Sacramento -
High Temps for the day:

How many days of:
60's - 3 days
70"s - 13 days
80's - 12 days
90's - 2 days (90F and 91F)

Phoenix -
High Temps for the day:

How many days of:
60's - Zero days
70's - 1 day
80's - 11 days
90F to 94F - 10 days
95F to 100F - 8 days

Last edited by Chimérique; 05-14-2021 at 10:21 AM..

Old 05-17-2021, 05:10 PM

848 posts, read 968,198 times
Grew up in Santa Clara. Been in Phoenix 7 years. Just wanted to say that humidity is a serious factor. The bay area is by no means humid, nor is Sacramento, but it's more than Phoenix. The 80s and 90s here in Phoenix feel nothing like the 80s and 90s in CA. I don't know what that "Feels Like" metric is suppose to mean on weather sites, but I don't think it reflects an everyday person's perspective of what it feels like. It was 91 here yesterday and between the 1% humidity and the strong breeze, it felt more like a mid 70s day back in CA. There may be a lot of 80s and 90s numbers shown there, but 90s here definitely does not feel like 90s in CA. Now, once it gets to be 115 everyday for 2 months, that's another matter.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:34 PM

580 posts, read 514,884 times
I don't care how you slice it, once it is over 90 it is hot. Anything over 100 is hot as arse, and 110 is hotter than Hades.

What sucks about PHX is it just does not cool down much. In Sac it can be 95 at sunset, but it will be 65 when you wake up.

But PHX just has so much more going on, better airport, lower cost of living, that to me I would take it over Sac if I did not have roots put down here.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:09 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
I don't care how you slice it, once it is over 90 it is hot. Anything over 100 is hot as arse, and 110 is hotter than Hades.

What sucks about PHX is it just does not cool down much. In Sac it can be 95 at sunset, but it will be 65 when you wake up.

But PHX just has so much more going on, better airport, lower cost of living, that to me I would take it over Sac if I did not have roots put down here.

I agree with the bolded. (we slightly disagree about the weather)

If you compare SAC to PHX on a statistical level, PHX would mostly win every meaningful statistic. However, Sacramento's location is pretty much ideal. With the Bay Area, Reno, Tahoe, and world class skiing just two hours away, there are so many places to escape Sacramento for a weekend trip. Phoenix metro is isolated in the middle of Arizona. That's a HUGE plus for Sacramento. (Also, Sacramento is way more diverse too)

I have deep roots in Nor Cal and will consider moving back. I enjoyed my time in PHX and it's an up and coming city. The city is improving leaps and bounds. But home is home and I still consider Nor Cal home.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:23 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
In terms of livability, it's not even a question imo. Sacramento QOL blows Phoenix out of the water, unless you enjoy being inside 24/7 from mid May to September.

Sac does get uncomfortably hot from time to time, but at least it cools off at night and you've got Tahoe or the Bay ~2 hours away.

Also, the people in PHX are just not very nice/friendly-- very transient place that's more like Florida than CA.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:56 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
In terms of livability, it's not even a question imo. Sacramento QOL blows Phoenix out of the water, unless you enjoy being inside 24/7 from mid May to September.

Sac does get uncomfortably hot from time to time, but at least it cools off at night and you've got Tahoe or the Bay ~2 hours away.

Also, the people in PHX are just not very nice/friendly-- very transient place that's more like Florida than CA.

QOL is much more than weather. You also have to factor in economic opportunity, things to do and cost of living.

But I do agree that between Mid May to Mid October, it's hot as hell.

Old 05-26-2021, 02:27 PM

580 posts, read 514,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post

Sacramento is pretty transient too. It's not like we are some rural New England hamlet where everyone is from here. And people are surly in the Central Valley for the most part. So I don't think there is going to be any culture shock there.

Only thing that is really different is PHX has less Asians/Russians, and a lot of transplants from Chicagoland.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:27 PM

6,909 posts, read 8,282,450 times
I would say Phoenix and Sacramento are more a like than any other place regarding the friendliness factor. Both are equally friendly cities/areas. Phoenix is very much like a California city, particularly a SoCal city.

Sacramento is the "epitome" of California, all of California. There is a little bit of every part of California rural, suburban, urban, etc. within Sacramento. Sacramento mirrors the demographics, politics, and social-economics of the whole state more than any other California city.

Last edited by Chimérique; 05-26-2021 at 07:38 PM..

Old 05-26-2021, 07:42 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,309,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I would say Phoenix and Sacramento are more a like than any other place regarding the friendliness factor. Both are equally friendly cities/areas. Phoenix is very much like a California city, particularly a SoCal city.

Sacramento is the "epitome" of California, all of California. There is a little bit of every part of California rural, suburban, urban, etc. within Sacramento. Sacramento mirrors the demographics, politics, and social-economics of the whole state more than any other California city.
Including Fresno?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento