Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:37 PM

6 posts, read 36,806 times

Advertisements

I've live in North Highlands for over 28 years and I've NEVER, NEVER had any SERIOUS crime problems. People, North Highlands is a borderline place to live it's not good or bad but both like most areas. I would also like to mention to people,There was a time Antelope and Natomas was the place to live if a man wanted to beat and kill his wife.The media would report woman dying on a weekly or monthly basis in Antelope and Natomas(so call go areas). I also would like to mention gangs in Sacramento county are everywhere even in "good ,safe" area like Natomas. I am shaking my head right now.I keep hearing people talk bad about North Highlands making it sound like the wild wild west(guns,gangs etc) and i'm looking around wondering am i living in the same North Highlands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,613 times
Let me get this straight -- female; not only single, but living alone; college student; 20 years old. And you're considering living in No. Highlands?! N.F.W., sweetie -- No F(easible) Way! This sounds like a newspaper headline waiting to happen.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,297 times
I almost bid on a rent to own on Greenholme Dr in Foothill Farms. My co worker who lives out that way said don't do it, some blocks on that street are really bad.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:06 AM

39 posts, read 76,197 times
We lived in Antelope which is a little further north of North Highlands which I thought was a better neighborhood until our window got smashed one night, they tagged my work truck and stole the catalytic convertors right off the Sequioa in the driveway while we were sleeping. All this in less than a year. Cops did nothing. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Highlands, Antelope and move to Roseville.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:27 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
Oh boy, getting out my popcorn

Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 AM

16 posts, read 17,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdaddy204 View Post
We lived in Antelope which is a little further north of North Highlands which I thought was a better neighborhood until our window got smashed one night, they tagged my work truck and stole the catalytic convertors right off the Sequioa in the driveway while we were sleeping. All this in less than a year. Cops did nothing. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Highlands, Antelope and move to Roseville.
I don't know the area other than what I've read online (the wife and I are flying out there in early April to check it out ourselves), but what's to keep crime like this from spilling over into Roseville? From what I've read/heard Roseville is one of the most desirable communities, but can you really expect thieves/law breakers to respect town lines?

Not trying to stir the pot, just getting a feel for the lay of the land...

Old 03-12-2014, 08:19 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
As a rule, the closer to Sacramento City proper, the worse. Thus, Roseville is better than Antelope, which is better than North Highlands, which is better than Robla, which is better than Del Paso Heights.

The better county and the better schools (Roseville) trump the better schools alone (Antelope), which trump the still suburban but lesser schools (North Highlands), which trump the urban no-go-zones of Sac City.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM

42,849 posts, read 26,259,081 times
darn..you guys are making me cross all the cheap places in Sac off of my list..what's left?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:10 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
darn..you guys are making me cross all the cheap places in Sac off of my list..what's left?
Oak Park, South Sac, Rancho Cordova (no of the fwy), So Natomas, Rio Linda
You may like many of these places...you need to visit them for yourself

Old 03-13-2014, 04:55 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Oak Park, South Sac, Rancho Cordova (no of the fwy), So Natomas, Rio Linda
You may like many of these places...you need to visit them for yourself
That's a decent list to start, but realistically, if you're making a longer-term move, you need to do your research. That means checking crime stats, talking to neighbors, visiting during the day, visiting during the night. People who live here can't realistically be expected to have spent a lot of time in every neighborhood, so most of what you get is passed on based on limited experience, and talking to people who have different ideas of what is safe and what isn't.

The logical conclusion of that, is people like NickB, whose idea of advice is just to tell you to avoid entire cities. Yeah, Sac's a rough town, except that the vast majority of it isn't. So yeah...be sure to avoid East Sac. Rough area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento