Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 AM

19 posts, read 57,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast68 View Post
I just got back from Washington State, and I like it there but I've also got a job offer in Salt Lake City Utah. Which would be good neighborhoods for a mid 40s guy that still likes a little bit of a night life. I know Im using lots of gas, going to Washington, and now Utah, but its a good idea to check out these places before moving there.

Ive heard the West Jordan area is nice. It seems though I would like Washington State better. Ive heard Utah is a hikers paradise I like hiking better than I like a night lift, so if the Salt Lake City area lacks in night life that would be fine if theres egnough outdoors stuff to do.

I lived in Colorado which is just the next state over from Utah. How different can Salt Lake City be from Denver Colorado? Can I expect warmer summers? Any info would be appreciated.

Okay, if you like the night life... Utah is.. well not that kind of state. It is extremely family orientated, with a large variety of outdoor activities you can do all year around.

Avoid West Jordan. It's a hole.

Go to South Jordan, Draper, Herriman, Sandy, some parts of Murray, Highland, Holiday, and east Salt Lake City.

If you are in the east side, you are closer to Park City and to the Canyons where all the outdoors activities happen. Its beautiful there all year around.

There are night ski lifts, pure powder, double black diamonds, moguls, and the best kind of skiing you could find in the US outside of Telluride Colorado.

There are waterfalls and hiking trails. October fest. River rafting. Spelunking. Mountain climbing. Camping in the most gorgeous areas with pine and aspen.

Many people prefer to hike Timpanogos Mountain... the valley is surrounded on all side by large mountains.

The climate is much drier than Washington, so the area isn't as green. Also the temperatures are quite mild all year along. In fact, the weather changes nearly daily. One day, you may get snow, the very next day the sun is out and it is in the 60s.

The summers get a little hot in the 90s but it is a dry heat. The winters don't get that cold. Probably on the coldest days in the teens and twenties but those are rare. Largely in the snowy days it is the upper twenties.

Salt Lake is similar to Denver but not as large, nor as high in altitude. Nor is it as diverse in activity. Salt Lake has a bit of the night life, and a bit of the live action, but truthfully the state is really low key and set in the family orientated way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
Northern Utah has four seasons. Southern Utah is warm all year around. It's considered high desert here in Utah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area