Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 02:38 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,492,599 times

Advertisements

and slammed in the 'general states info' link below. It is the post "crummiest freaking towns"-on the last page. Since I am looking into moving to San Antonio or vicinity-is San Antonio really that bad??

Old 08-24-2006, 03:47 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,663 times
No, absolutely not. San Antonio is not that bad. Far from it.

Look - the reality is that any larger city is going to have its share of crime, poverty, dirt & drunks. I just choose not to live in those areas.

Do your due diligence - you will find that San Antonio is a fine city to live in and that largely, it is not stricken with crime, poverty, dirty & drunks.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM

18 posts, read 96,828 times
I have never heard anything but wonderful things about SA and when I tell people I am moving there they tell me that it is a wonderful and beautiful city.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:11 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,947 times
Default San Antonio is A-OK!!!

Although San Antonio is in the top 10 of the largest cities in the United States, it does not seem so. I keep hearing that we are a big city that doesn't know it is and I believe that. I have lived in big cities, greater LA area and Tokyo...have been to other large cities like Manila, Seoul, among others and I must say that I feel safer here and more relaxed. People here celebrate cultural differences during the Folk Life Festival every year, as well as other events such as Fiesta! And how about when the Spurs won their championships....no riots...just pride. San Antonio will probably never be a "World-Class Large City," but who cares as we celebrate what we are, not what others want us to be.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:40 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
...And how about when the Spurs won their championships....no riots...just pride. San Antonio will probably never be a "World-Class Large City," but who cares as we celebrate what we are, not what others want us to be.
Very well stated, Steel Man!

-Sampaguita
Die-hard SPURS fan
#50 always!

Old 08-24-2006, 07:43 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,244,515 times
The Spurs have won three titles, '99, '03 and '05 and during the celebrations that occur right after the game that wins the title I can only like of maybe 10-15 who have been arrested in those three years, and they were arrested for public intoxication.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Red

32 posts, read 163,897 times
I was the first person to post in defense of SA on the thread you mention. SA is great, if things don't work out for us with our plans in the Tyler area, we will either be in the hill country near SA or somewhere around the outer loop within the next 2 years.

Another plus for SA--I see a lot of people complaining about the drivers being so bad in SA (actually, it seems like no matter which forum you go to people say that they have the worst drivers). Having been to the largest 15 cities in the US as well as many, many other "smaller" cities, I can honestly say that SA has, overall, the most polite, laid back drivers I've ever been around. Yes, there are idiots everywhere, but SA seems to have less of them even though it is such a large city.

I guess what I'm saying is, congratulations on such a great choice for your new home!

--Red

Old 08-24-2006, 09:35 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,244,515 times
FYI, it's more than likely that poster who wrote negative comments about SA is likely Conan. He's seems to be nothing more than a immature troll with multiple usernames.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:47 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,498 times
Thumbs up Awesome Post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Although San Antonio is in the top 10 of the largest cities in the United States, it does not seem so. I keep hearing that we are a big city that doesn't know it is and I believe that. I have lived in big cities, greater LA area and Tokyo...have been to other large cities like Manila, Seoul, among others and I must say that I feel safer here and more relaxed. People here celebrate cultural differences during the Folk Life Festival every year, as well as other events such as Fiesta! And how about when the Spurs won their championships....no riots...just pride. San Antonio will probably never be a "World-Class Large City," but who cares as we celebrate what we are, not what others want us to be.
Between you and 210 -- I really want to move to SA...it's almost like the city is calling my name. This winter I am definately visiting SA. Let's just say it will be an early Christmas gift to me.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:06 PM

55 posts, read 308,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Between you and 210 -- I really want to move to SA...it's almost like the city is calling my name.
I'm with you Jaded!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio