Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
... You mention things like SM/Austin has a better part scene as if news, people have known that for over two decades at least, and you go to UTSA....which is not by any stretch of the mind a party school much less an elite one. Just a few additional details you might have not known.
+1. Nicely said.

Overall, it just sounds like we're dealing with a kid here who 'knows it all' and can't be told much about a city he obviously knows little about. That's fine, as there are already many here who know that SA is much more than just suburb, filled with some cool little spots and locals-only hangouts.

Debating about/over Stone Oak is ultimately a silly thing. I may not like the area for me, but if someone is happy living there, more power to them. Where I take issue is when someone skews the facts or simply posts without putting some thought behind it... Hence, my multiple replies on this particular thread.

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 PM

47 posts, read 73,718 times
Or maybe he just negates everything you claim to be true =)

Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
LoL @ Olmos Park....oh dear
According to the 2000 census Olmos Park has over 1000 households, the median household income is 87,560, the median family income is 128,814. 93.6% of the city is white. 3.9% of the population was in poverty. They are in the Alamo Heights School District.

Alamo Heights itself has over 3,000 households...not 500.

Anyways just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions you have.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM

47 posts, read 73,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
According to the 2000 census Olmos Park has over 1000 households, the median household income is 87,560, the median family income is 128,814. 93.6% of the city is white. 3.9% of the population was in poverty. They are in the Alamo Heights School District.

Alamo Heights itself has over 3,000 households...not 500.

Anyways just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions you have.

Yes but of those 3000 less than half would fall under what most think of when they think of Alamo Heights. Then again such is true in stone oak as well on a larger scale.

It is just irrefutable. Stone Oak on average has more numerical wealth than all the places you have mentioned combined ten fold. I am not so much criticizing the other places so much as pointing out they have been dwarfed and substantially so.

Also I'm sorry but many areas of Stone Oak put the best in Alamo Heights to absolute shame in both grandeur and expense.

Last edited by 50708090123456; 10-11-2010 at 06:06 PM..

Old 10-11-2010, 07:37 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
Quote:
Yes but of those 3000 less than half would fall under what most think of when they think of Alamo Heights. Then again such is true in stone oak as well on a larger scale.

It is just irrefutable. Stone Oak on average has more numerical wealth than all the places you have mentioned combined ten fold. I am not so much criticizing the other places so much as pointing out they have been dwarfed and substantially so.

Also I'm sorry but many areas of Stone Oak put the best in Alamo Heights to absolute shame in both grandeur and expense.

You don't get out much, do you?
There is a big difference between wealth, and having the image of wealth.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:

Charles Butt (HEB) - King William
Lowry Mays (Clear Channel) - Olmos Park
BJ "Red" McCombs (Car dealerships) - Olmos Park
HB Zachry (Construction) - Oak Park

The four listed above are 4 of the richest people to reside in San Antonio. In fact, all four are billionaires. None of them choose to live in Stone Oak, stop acting like Stone Oak is so special. It is not.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
If you want to see grandeur, go to the Dominion. When I worked there, the cheapest homes started at $300k and go on up to the millions. This is where many people of the Spurs choose to live along with some of San Antonio's biggest celebrities, but I'm not allowed to give away that some people live there.

SanAntonioHomes.com - 10 Most Expensive Homes in San Antonio

Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
If you want to see grandeur, go to the Dominion. When I worked there, the cheapest homes started at $300k and go on up to the millions. This is where many people of the Spurs choose to live along with some of San Antonio's biggest celebrities, but I'm not allowed to give away that some people live there.

SanAntonioHomes.com - 10 Most Expensive Homes in San Antonio
Are you kidding me? If you want to see Stone Oak on steriods, then by all means go to the Dominion oops, I meant The Dominion. Some start below the $200k. The website you listed only has a couple of homes over $2million.

Wanna know where the real money is at? Few if any mortgages? Trust me, it's in Terrell Hills, Olmos Park, Alamo Heights, Monte Vista, King William, Hill Country Village. Hell, I'll even throw in Shavano Park and Bentley Manor.

And BTW, a lot of the Spurs live in Elm Creek, Anaqua Springs, and other areas besides the Dominion.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:43 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
The Dominion had one home listed at $7 million and another one listed at $19 million. I admit that list isn't that accurate because I saw a list of home valuations at the Dominion and saw more expensive homes at the Dominion. San Antonio's biggest music artist lives there, John Hagee, Greg Popovich lives there, and so did about 10 other Spurs players when I worked there including the former Spur, David Robinson. These weren't bench warmers. The only two major players who didn't live there at the time were Tim Duncan and Tony Parker and this was 2 years ago. The Dominion is just not "old money", but these people do have money.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
I'm not so sure that 'most expensive' list is accurate, as it didn't even list Linda Pace's two-floor unit at Camp Street Lofts, which is still for sale for the bargain price of $5 million.

It is a jaw-dropping space: 15k sq ft, rooftop garden, bottom floor totally white-on-white (was a gallery space). Really well done.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio