Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times

Advertisements

I saw a news report on this earlier this week, but today's news said that Heltoes Police Chief Morton Ault was fired last night at a City Council meeting...

Quote:
The Helotes City Council voted unanimously to fire popular Police Chief Morton Ault after a little more than two hours in executive session Thursday night.

Ault, 48, is the subject of a Texas Rangers investigation into suspicions that Helotes police vehicles and their electronic equipment were “repaired” when work wasn't actually done, among other allegations. The chief's son Morton Roy Ault, 19, was doing much of the suspect work, according to a Texas Rangers affidavit.

Even after Ault's termination, his attorney Robert Barrera said he and his client hadn't seen the affidavit, had no idea of the actual allegations, and said the council's actions were premature since no charges have been filed against Ault. (Full Article)
Ault, a 22-year veteran of the department, was named chief in May 2006.

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
Helotes police has had various allegations of corruption from way back. If this means they seriously want to clean up their police force, way to go Helotes! Won't hold my breath, however.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:11 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
I love it when incompetents get their just desserts.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:34 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,440 times
corruption in law enforcement...??? Never. (sarcastic tone)

Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Still lots to be brought out, but those of you wanting to trash all LEO's over this, you need to know that it was another LEO that cracked this dam. NO cop likes a dirty one, simply because it makes 'em all look bad, and they know it. No more than a good teacher likes a bad one.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Still lots to be brought out, but those of you wanting to trash all LEO's over this, you need to know that it was another LEO that cracked this dam. NO cop likes a dirty one, simply because it makes 'em all look bad, and they know it. No more than a good teacher likes a bad one.
Oh, it's not about wanting to trash ALL LEOs, TR.....just frowning down on Dirty Cops, is all. Not just anyone will voice-out against said dirty cops.....

But yeah, there are some who *will* trash ALL cops.......

Old 10-08-2010, 09:40 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Believe me....I know a number of their force, and on surrounding forces - they're ticked at Mort, BIG time. There's no sympathy for him on this, and they frankly can't wait to see everything out in the open and settled.
Wore a badge years ago, so stuff like this still sets me off. It's like when I was raising my stepdaughter, and these scum that would abuse THEIR stepdaughters - some folks would then try to foister that onto MY shoulders. It's like I'd tell 'em - "Put ME on his jury - I want to set new records for prison terms!!" There's nothing worse than someone that betrays a trust - public or private - period. They are the lowest form of life there is. Then again, that's me - I don't need a contract. If I tell someone I'm gonna do something, they can take it to the bank. I expect the same in return. Now, I'm not naive - I KNOW there's folks out there that won't - but I also know that for them, even a contract won't force 'em to live up to their commitment.
Do what you say, no matter what!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:05 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,056 times
He was a turd and gave me a bunk ticket years and years ago and I'm glad he got what he deserved for doing what he did because if I'm expected to be honest in my govt. job then he should be, too.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:29 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I love it when incompetents get their just desserts.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
He was a turd and gave me a bunk ticket years and years ago and I'm glad he got what he deserved for doing what he did because if I'm expected to be honest in my govt. job then he should be, too.
What was the bunk ticket, if we may ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio