Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,040,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarding_Chick View Post
I have three unusual ear piercings and 9 regular ear piercings (7 of which I don't wear often anymore) ... I also love to wear shorts when its warm, and I have two tattoos, in the process of brainstorming one or two more. Does that make me uncouth, ugly and tacky?

I don't, however, work at HEB. I am actually an auditor Yeah, suprised you with that one didn't I!?! I always conduct myself professionally while working and no tattoos are visible with 'office clothes'.

I have always loved having little things that set me apart in a small way, and I have never cared when other people dislike it. Whenever someone makes a comment about it I just say "well good thing they/it isn't on your body then huh!?"
Yes. That is ugly. Some must have not have gotten too much attention when they were young and are screaming for it now by rebelling and making themselves even more physically unattractive. The ones with the holes in their ears are usually not too attractive to begin with and then become even less so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,063,039 times
I think I need to see some piccys before I decide.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll take the tattoos and piercings anyday over the snobbish sells people that you find in most retail stores in San Antonio.

Go into any Best Buy, Academy, etc, etc. and you find a bunch of high school dropouts sells-people talking to you as if they are the owner of the store.
I get more respect from the company presidents and vice-presidents that I've worked with than I've got from most of those snobbish kids.
which places are you going to? I've found the great majority of San Antonians to be extremely friendly. My complaint is with the younger ones who are slackers and unkempt.

HEB employees in particular used to wear nice slacks, button down shirt, clip-on ties and decent shoes. Now they dress however tacky that they want, in shorts, holes in their ears, tattoos, you name it.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
I'm not sure which HEB you go to, but I go to the one on Olmos 2-5 times a week...the one on Oblate 1-2 times a month (or sometimes not at all), and the one on New Braunfels and Houston 1-2 times a month also (or sometimes not at all), and I have consistently found almost all HEB employees to be professional, friendly, nice, wellkept and almost always doing their job. HEB has some of the best employees I've encountered!

Also, I work in security and one Hispanic guy in his mid-30s who was in the Army was all tattooed up and he was allowed to work security. Another kid, a caucasian male in his early 20s who was very ambitious, had several tattoos as well. Does that mean they are tacky? I also do not recall (in the many years of going to different HEBs) seeing very many HEB employees with tattoos.

As far as the earrings. Things are just different nowadays. I think it's more of a generational gap to be honest.

When I got my ears pierced in 1998, that was pretty much it. Nowdays, kids have those extra long big piercings in their ears ("'large' holes in their ears")...and honestly...it doesn't look too great to me. But I have never ever seen a male or female employee with those type of extra long piercings at HEB...just regular piercings.

So, again, not sure which HEB you are going to; almost all their employees I've encountered over the years have been great.

As a matter of fact...the ONE employee who I did file a complaint against was a Hispanic lady in her 40s or 50s! No it wasn't a young kid but an older lady because in ALL my years of going to HEB she NEVER made eye contact, never said hello, never said goodbye, and she was never happy with ANY customer. So I filed a complaint.
why do you label everyone as Hispanic or Anglo? Aren't they just "people"?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:06 PM

18,155 posts, read 25,380,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Some must have not have gotten too much attention when they were young and are screaming for it now by rebelling and making themselves even more physically unattractive.
Again,
you can say the exact same thing about the people that go around on their Harleys that you can hear from 2 miles away.
At least tattoos are not forced in my eyes, like the sound of a Harley is forced in my ears.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Again,
you can say the exact same thing about the people that go around on their Harleys that you can hear from 2 miles away.
At least tattoos are not forced in my eyes, like the sound of a Harley is forced in my ears.
no lies about that.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,809,728 times
Quote:
Again,
Tell me about it. I find any motorcycle pretty much obnoxious from the Japanese crotch rockets to the oversized rattletraps aka Harleys.

I rarely see motorcycle drivers be good drivers but that is not to say all of them are bad.

One time, I had a guy on a harley give me the finger when I honked at him for cutting in front of me so close I could have probably hit his back tire had I not been closely observing the traffic in front of me. It could have been much worse if I hit him because of his reckless driving.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,413,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
why do you label everyone as Hispanic or Anglo? Aren't they just "people"?
To be descriptive and specific. That's how I roll.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,413,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I agree but I have been to stores where people dress up nicely.
Are you referring to specific HEB or Walmart store locations or are you referring to stores besides grocery stores?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 AM

2,155 posts, read 4,590,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Are you referring to specific HEB or Walmart store locations or are you referring to stores besides grocery stores?
No, I've been to HEBs were everyone looks like they've rolled out of bed and I've been to HEBs where everyone is dressed for a little party. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio