Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:20 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times

Advertisements

Is there a health issue living in Fox Grove
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 09:11 AM

136 posts, read 449,150 times
Default Fitire resale value

I can not speak about Fox Grove, but a coworker of mine bought a
house in Sonoma Ranch two houses in from the high power lines. He had
CPS come out to test the electric-magnetic waves coming off the lines.
The report said it was no higher than normal electric line.

On the other hand, I would be more concerned about future resell value
of house right next to high power lines. There is a new house next to
the coworker that has not sold, probably due to the proximity of the power
lines. Also, the sub-division next door has two new one story houses
close to the power lines that have not sold.

My 2 cents.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:25 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
No, I don't think so. I researched it prior to buying our house and did not find any conclusive evidence linking them to health problems.

My house backs onto the lines in Westcreek. I like the privacy the greenbelt provides.

Aesthetics could be an issue though. When I drive up to my house I can obviously see them but because of the trees they're essentially hidden when I'm inside the house. I'd have to walk out to back part of my yard to see them.

In the last 1-2 years two houses have put up for sale on my street and both have sold fairly quickly.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:42 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,746,446 times
The only thing I might consider is if they buzz. I have been near some power lines that are very quiet. Others buzzed constantly - very anoying.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:51 AM

I hope this is the case. Fox Grove is an outstanding sub'd. Will the property values almost dble due to the PGA resort area

Old 09-24-2007, 06:51 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,746,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I hope this is the case. Fox Grove is an outstanding sub'd. Will the property values almost dble due to the PGA resort area
In time they will definitely go up...not sure about doubling...

Old 09-24-2007, 09:48 PM

734 posts, read 3,016,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
They could close to double for the people who bought at the beginning. A house for $175K 4 years ago could go for $300K after the village is open. (At least that is what we are hoping! We were the 2nd to close on our house Nov 2003 and the first to move in.)

As for the lines, we are glad we aren't near them! I don't like the noise personally. I used to joke around and cover my pregnant belly when we drove by them, but my baby turned out just fine (maybe because I covered my belly? lol!) I think there isn't conclusive evidence, but there is a personal preference to not be near them.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:40 AM

I think there is a disclosure in your KB contract about power lines

Old 10-19-2007, 07:48 PM

9 posts, read 21,492 times
Default Fox Grove Rules

My wife and I moved into Fox Grove Feb 07. We are very happy with our home. Lots of trees,nice pool and playground. This is our second KB home, which stands for Kaufman and Broad. Duh. Our first KB home sold for 31k more than the original price. Sweet! No probs with it either. Lots of kids for our kids to play with. The value I believe will increase with the PGA village going up across the way. FORE! Unless you pay 400k or more all houses are basically the same. sheet rock is sheet rock. Upgrades can be done later. Why pay more up front, and then pay interest on it to. My wife has a co-worker that lives near us. Gig-em Aggies! They like their home too. Thats all. Peace-out

Old 10-20-2007, 07:06 AM

Is Fox Grove going to be gated after the PGA village opens up? The entrance road to Fox Grove will go all the way to Stone Oak Pkwy passing throught PGA Village, the new LBJHS and the the Shopping center on 281. Beside the PGA village what other commerical establishments are planned for East Evans? Will they widen East Evans? They may have to build another north south road that connects to 1604
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio