Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

As long as we are uncommitted for something else, count us in. If you can give me a date as soon as you have decided, I will put it into our planner.

I swear, I thought things were suppose to SLOW DOWN the older you got!
Yay! I haven't even talked to the mgmt yet. I'll corral Sandy on Monday!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 PM

Default Westcreek Annual Picnic - April 12th - Luau!!

A quote from an email Sandy sent out:

Quote:
Annual Picnic is April 12th. We are having "Luau" and it is free to all residents in good standings. Don't forget that April starts a new quarter so your Westcreek I.D needs to have the stickers "2" "8". I don't want anyone to miss out because they never updated their I.D cards. Please keep in mind that there is no way we can update it at the picnic. The office will be opened April 5th from 9:00am - Noon. You do not have to be the one to update or pay, if you have a family member, friend or neighbor that is willing to get your I.D's down to the office then they can do it for you. ALSO, I am looking to see if any of you have a 5 gallon water jug you use for your water dispensers. We will fill them with water so we can have it to use to refill our drink dispensers when making our drinks.

We are having a Luau this year!!! We're very excited. But please please get your ID's updated - I've seen too many people get turned away upset because they didn't have their ID's with the proper stickers.

And my attempt to corral Sandy today about a clean up failed. I'll try again tomorrow!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:39 PM

Another quote - this one includes the times, and a request for volunteers:

Quote:
One last thing, we have changed the Annual Picnic to be in the Spring Time. Please, please, please tell all your neighbors. I know in the past that it has been held in the Fall but since we started the Oktoberfest I figure we should separate these two Big events. It is scheduled for April 12th from 11am - 4pm. I will be putting signs out very soon saying "COMING SOON, VWOA Annual Picnic" . I'm doing this to help get the word out. We will have roasted pig, brisket, hawaiian salad, beans and hawaiian salsa. This will be a Luau so dig in your closet for that flowered shirt and let's have some fun. \\

I am looking for volunteers to help set up, serve and tear down. I would like to get enough people to help serve that we only work 1 hour shift. I want everyone to be able to enjoy the food, fun and music and with enough volunteers we can all enjoy our Annual Picnic.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:08 PM

I went to take my daughter to her friend's house last night, and outside there was an ambulance and fire truck, and right up the street two cop cars and a big truck in the greenbelt of Sage Run!!

Turns out the ambulance and fire truck were there for someone who had gotten sick. The cops were there because a homeowner recently replaced some fencing, and he caught someone tagging his fence!!! He drove his truck out there and called the cops. I don't know if he got them or not, but it looks like they got the sign going into Quail Meadow too. I HATE graffitti.

So folks, keep your eyes open, looks like we have more taggers in our midst...

Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 PM

797 posts, read 2,992,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I went to take my daughter to her friend's house last night, and outside there was an ambulance and fire truck, and right up the street two cop cars and a big truck in the greenbelt of Sage Run!!

Turns out the ambulance and fire truck were there for someone who had gotten sick. The cops were there because a homeowner recently replaced some fencing, and he caught someone tagging his fence!!! He drove his truck out there and called the cops. I don't know if he got them or not, but it looks like they got the sign going into Quail Meadow too. I HATE graffitti.

So folks, keep your eyes open, looks like we have more taggers in our midst...
The ambulance was for my son, I was babysitting for a friend on Devin Chase when he swallowed a magnetic marble. He is fine now but it was no fun waiting in the ER for 3hrs.

The graffiti is such an eyesore and an unfortunate problem SA can't seem to remedy. The real problem starts at home, parents need work harder at teaching there kids about respecting public and private property.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:39 PM

The ambulance I saw was on Victorian Oaks, about 930 or so...

Sorry to hear about your son! I remember doing lots of stuff when I was a kid that probably took a few years off my mother's life...(sorry Mom!!)

We have a few problem areas in Westcreek, and of course if there is anything 'new' up it seems to be a target. I'd like to know if they caught the people responsible or not.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 PM

797 posts, read 2,992,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
The ambulance I saw was on Victorian Oaks, about 930 or so...

Sorry to hear about your son! I remember doing lots of stuff when I was a kid that probably took a few years off my mother's life...(sorry Mom!!)

We have a few problem areas in Westcreek, and of course if there is anything 'new' up it seems to be a target. I'd like to know if they caught the people responsible or not.
WOW must have been a busy weekend for the local fire dept. I called them on Friday night around 8:30pm.

I doubt they caught anybody, unless the homeowner "held them at gunpoint" they probably got away with it. The taggers pride themselves in not getting caught thats part of the game.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
My daughter lives over in Vistas of Westcreek. Her mailbox was tagged a little more than a week ago. In fact, that area, especially Birchwood Bay, needs attention. That street has 5 houses for sale (in the same area) with another 3 for rent. It looks like Centex just cared about selling houses to investors as there are many rentals in that area all the time. The rental signs started going up on that street before it was even finished. And those "awful" road dividers are not only STUPID, but ugly as they have divided road warning signs facing both sides of the divider that is only about 8 feet long.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:31 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Anybody hear of anything going down at the community center today? Just heard from my "middle" kids that they had heard a supposed fight between..... rival gangs (red/blue) was to happen today......... Jis rumors????

Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Anybody hear of anything going down at the community center today? Just heard from my "middle" kids that they had heard a supposed fight between..... rival gangs (red/blue) was to happen today......... Jis rumors????

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow and see what's up! I'm getting very tired of these knucklehead kids and their absent parents....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio