Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times

Advertisements

Do the board terms have expiration? If so, when? Maybe some of you could run next time. Are there any meet-n-greets or town halls before the voting?
Or do folks just vote based on what they read about each candidate, then hope he/she isn't a bung hole?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the term is only annual, which is probably a good thing in this case. One of the newsletters has a blurb on each candidate that is written by the candidate themselves.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the term is only annual, which is probably a good thing in this case. One of the newsletters has a blurb on each candidate that is written by the candidate themselves.
Each HOA that I pay dues into (rental units), is run differently. I've never seen/belonged to one that is as adversarial as this one seems to be. It's a shame.
Hopefully, some of these people that have been posting will run next time out.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I have a feeling there will be a change for the better, although I hate using that word.. how about things will be different in a good way?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 AM

34 posts, read 55,388 times
Default Change - note for everyone to read

Quote:
I have a feeling there will be a change for the better, although I hate using that word.. how about things will be different in a good way?
THE ONLY WAY THAT WE CAN CHANGE ANYTHING IS TO GET 75% OF THE SIGNATURES OF HOMEOWNERS. I WAS TOLD WE NEEDED 1000 SIGNATURES, BUT I'M SURE IT HAS TO BE MORE THAN THAT.

PLEASE GO TO www.westcreekhomeownersforachange.com AND PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE PEITION AND GET SIGNATURES. YOU CAN THEN DROP THEM OFF AT THE 9/28 TOWN HALL MEETING. WE WILL HAVE A TABLE OUTSIDE TO ACCEPT THEM AND ALSO FOR FOLKS THAT WOULD LIKE TO SIGN THE PEITION. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN CHANGE ANYTHING INCLUDING THE 10% ASSESSMENT RULE; WHICH STATES THE BOARD CAN RAISE OUR ASSESSMENTS ON THEIR OWN.

THE TIME IS NOW. WE HAVE MOMENTUM GOING IN OUR FAVOR. IF WE DO NOT CONTINUE TO GROW THIS WILL ALL BE IN VAIN AND WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.

I BELIEVE THE BOD TERM IS 2 YEARS. AND MR. SEVERS WAS RE-ELECTED LAST YEAR. SO, THE ONLY WAY TO SOLUTION THAT IS VIA PEITION TO HOLD A SPECIAL MEETING AND VOTE THE BOARD OUT AND TO MAKE OTHER CHANGES. THUS THE 75% SIGNATURES.

MANY FOLKS HAVE TRIED TO FIGHT THE SYSTEM AND HAVE GIVEN UP DUE TO LACK OF SUPPORT. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 AM

34 posts, read 55,388 times
Default Crime

to: Shoegal39

thank you for sharing this information. In my area we have only heard about car break-ins and knew nothing about the crime on houses.

codeblue

Quote:
i have a feeling there will be a change for the better, although i hate using that word.. How about things will be different in a good way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
i was at the meeting last night. Here are some issues of concern:

1. crime. what are we going to do about it? 7 homes in 2 days all broken in during broad daylight by breaking through a locked front door. Our neighborhood is clearly under attack. We need to nip this now before someone is seriously injured. Also, once it escalates it will cause permanent damage to our community in terms of reputation, thereby decreasing our property values. Hiring a security company should be priority number 1.

2. phone bill. i was stunned to hear about the $7,000 phone bill incurred by the hoa. I'd like more information on that. How many phones is this for? Are they land lines...mobile phones...perhaps a combination? Who has possession of these phones? Are all the calls business related? Can i see them?

3. the fences. it looks to me that the hoa has the responsibility of maintaining those fences along the major roadways according to the bylaws. My home is not situated along those roadways but this issue affects me as well. If we allow the bod to disregard the bylaws now it will set a precedence on future issues. If they want to make a change, they need to change the bylaws and get the 75% concurrence. Rules are rules! Also, if homeowners are responsible for the upkeep it means that fences will be put up at different times and because the fences will be in various stages of aging, the fence line will not look uniformed at all...not to mention variances in the stains used.

4. homes. i need confirmation on how the three homes were purchased by the hoa. The bod did not directly state how those these properties were acquired. Show me the paperwork and i will be satisfied. Also, under what authority do they have to purchase homes? This is an hoa not a real estate investment company. Why did we buy them? Who lives in them? Where are the rent payments going? Additionally, if everything is on the up and up...why was this such a secret? Why weren't the plans to purchase these homes announced on the website and/or newsletter? Were the intent of the purchases discussed in a board meeting?

There are too many things that just don't feel right. I'm spreading the word about the town hall meeting next week to all of my neighbors and letting them know about the issues on the table. I hope everyone is doing the same.
shoe

Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 AM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Quote:
Terms are two years but overlap to keep the entire BOD from being brand new every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeblue View Post
THE ONLY WAY THAT WE CAN CHANGE ANYTHING IS TO GET 75% OF THE SIGNATURES OF HOMEOWNERS. I WAS TOLD WE NEEDED 1000 SIGNATURES, BUT I'M SURE IT HAS TO BE MORE THAN THAT.
I don't know where 75% is coming from when talking about a special meeting to unseat the BOD and 1,000 is nowhere near 75% of over 3,200 homes. When the CC&Rs talk about 75%, it means 75% of homes...only one "vote" per home. However, that 75% is required to make a change to the CC&Rs...unseating the board is not changing the CC&Rs, which is why I'm unclear on where this requirement comes in when discussing unseating the board.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 AM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I hope I don't upset anyone but I didn't care for the one loud lady (I think you all know) Did I hear her correctly when she said only Homeowners of VOWC should be able to use our ammenities? Was she implying that if I rent the Community Center I can't invite anyone who lives outside the VOWC?
I don't think you upset anyone...you certainly did not come across as confrontational.

Again, this is an issue which requires some common sense. If the HOA is providing a service that is consuming HOA money then that should only be open to residents. For example, if they were providing classes or sports at no charge or a subsidized amount using HOA money then those are perks that should be for residents only. If they were offering a class that was being fully funded by the participant then it shouldn't matter who attends...but residents should be allowed to sign up prior to opening it to non-residents.

If you rent the community center, pool, or sports park then of course you should be allowed to bring non-resident guests because you, not the HOA, are the one paying for the use of that facility.

Not allowing non-residents to freely use the sports park or pool on a regular basis is smart because the size of the crowds would grow and the residents, who are paying for these things, would have a reduced oportunity to use them.

Want to fix the rumage sale...monetarily that is? Make it free for residents but allow non-residents to set up as well. Charge a few dollars for non-residents. Worst case is you've made the sale more popular, at no cost to residents. I've got some other ideas on the yard sale topic but I'll hold that for now.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:40 AM

33 posts, read 50,954 times
Default The term is for 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Do the board terms have expiration? If so, when? Maybe some of you could run next time. Are there any meet-n-greets or town halls before the voting?
Or do folks just vote based on what they read about each candidate, then hope he/she isn't a bung hole?
Quote:
THREE OF THEM ARE UP FOR REMOVAL IN APRIL 2010, MRS. CASTILLO, MR. HOSKINS, AND A EXTRA PERSON DUE TO THE RESIGNATION OF MARK CORNELL. WE REALLY NEED TO GET THEM OUT PRIOR TO APRIL'S VOTE. PLEASE GO TO WEST CREEK HOMEOWNERS FOR A CHANGE AND PRINT OUT A PETITION AND ASK YOUR NEIGHBORS TO SIGN IT. THE ONLY WAY WERE GOING TO GET CHANGE IS FOR ALL OF US TO WORK TOGETHER.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 AM

35 posts, read 55,212 times
The boards term is 2 years. Two are elected in one year and 3 are elected the following year with all serving a 2 year term.
I agree with the boards acquiring the homes that we have they were not purchased but taken for back homeowners assessments. My problem with this is it was not showed in the financial as assesses and the lack of willingness of the board to disclose this information. We have asked repeatedly and been stonewalled and do have records showing ownership.
As for the 4 students, in the Karate, that the board forced to leave . The instructor is paying rent for the community center and each student is paying for the lessons. The majority of the children as residence of Westcreek therefore, this was costing the Villages of Westcreek HOA nothing and was income to same. It goes back to, if I rent the community center should I only be allowed to have guests that are residences if so then there should not be guests allowed at the pool,etc. If I want to start a baseball team for the children of Westcreek and only have 8 children that want to play is it right to tell them no because they needed on more player and were not allowed any outside people. Eventho, the program would be paid for by the players on the team and cost to VOWC nothing?

The reason for the 1000 signatures on the petition is to show the board that there is enough interest in having a special meeting to recall the board and hopefully they would schedule said meeting. Ref. to the 1994 by-laws to see the requirements.

I realize that some of the people at the last meeting had gone to the HOA office and asked questions regarding different items on the flyer and were told what the board wanted them to hear which were not whole truths. Which is par for the course because we have been getting nothing but the runaround and half truths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio